Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why All the Alien Abductions

Brandy333

15 hours ago, stereologist said:

The condition you describe "dreaming and being wide awake with their eyes open" is not what is being discussed by the researchers.

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2005/09/alien-abduction-claims-explained/

The problem is in part that the event is possibly short lived but not interpreted that way by the person experiencing the sleep paralysis. Sure it feels real. The brain is being sent stimuli that may originate inside of the brain but are not interpreted to be that way.

It seems to me that you found these events to be so realistic that you don't believe they are something that occurred just inside of your mind. The fact that your partner had a similar experience could mean that you two are both prone to these sorts of events. It's believed to be relatively common.

In fact, what makes you partners might be

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2005/09/alien-abduction-claims-explained/

You get immersed in movies, books, and video games.

Science agrees with you that this comes from within. Science agrees with you that these events are very realistic and hard to distinguish from reality. I believe science also agrees with you that you have some control over these events. Your ability to banish the events sounds to me like your personal ability to identify these events as dream states. I'm not so sure it is possible for everyone to simply wish these events away. It is probably possible for people to accept that the events are not real no matter how real they seem to be.

I do not ridicule people for having events such as this. That's like ridiculing people for being able to read quickly, be color blind, or have a vivid imagination.

Of course you're ridiculing people. You have even insinuated that they have some sexual deviancy. 

• Like 1

Only about 20% of people have this experience at least once in their lifetime, and of those people only a small number actually have an "entity" type experience.

Of the entity experiences, there are many different accounts. 

I find it incredibly ridiculous that people insist it's all in both of our heads when he saw the exact same thing I did within a night or two of me having the experience I did not tell him about it.

Is it so outrageous to think that science has not completely explained this yet? 

And if we're so prone to this experience, then how is it that a simple banishment has worked to rid us both of any more instances of it?

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

The scientific explanation, in my own personal and informed opinion as an experiencer, is a partial explanation of something that is not yet fully understood. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Only about 20% of people have this experience at least once in their lifetime, and of those people only a small number actually have an "entity" type experience.

I find it incredibly ridiculous that people insist it's all in both of our heads when he saw the exact same thing I did within a night or two of me having the experience I did not tell him about.

Is it so outrageous to think that science has not completely explained this yet? 

And if we're so prone to this experience, then how is it that a simple banishment has worked to rid us both of any more instances of it?

Yawn... If you both had it you can accuse it with the Torah, because you have two witnesses, spiritually of course. But it's not surprising you banished it. Wide awake dreams are called visions. Interesting, in Greek mythology dreams come from two wells in the underworld, one well is full of lies, the other one brings true dreams.

Edited by Opus Magnus

2 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Yawn... If you both had it you can accuse it with the Torah, because you have two witnesses, spiritually of course. But it's not surprising you banished it. Wide awake dreams are called visions. Interesting, in Greek,mythology dreams come from two,wells,in the underworld, one well is full,of lies, the other one brings true dreams.

Yawn?

Oh...am I boring you?

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Yawn?

Oh...am I boring you?

Yeah, this whole debate gets tiring.

Just now, Opus Magnus said:

Yeah, this whole debate gets tiring.

Then don't respond.

• Like 1

Then don't respond.

It's not tiring enough to stop responding yet.

• Like 1

Just now, Opus Magnus said:

It's not tiring enough to stop responding yet.

It's tiring enough for me. That's the last of your posts I'll ever see.

• Like 1

It's tiring enough for me. That's the last of your posts I'll ever see.

Cool.

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

No. You haven't gotten it yet.

I propose that any number of subconscious fears might be manifested under certain conditions. 

I don't think people are getting abducted, but I think they're having terrifying experiences that seem as real as anything they've ever experienced. 

They probably see, feel, hear and can be touched by what seems to be alien creatures in their bedrooms. I understand this because I've experienced it. 

The only thing that separates my experiences from theirs is that they saw aliens and I saw a shadow person. 

Yep this i agree with....apart from ( and i know you will not be surprised by it )  the last paragraph. :tu:

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 10:42 PM, ChaosRose said:

I don't think actual aliens come and abduct people from their beds and take them up in a spaceship.

I do think people enter altered states of consciousness, and they have real experiences. 

Science has given us explanations for those experiences, and as someone who has gone through weird stuff (not aliens in particular), I have to say that their explanations fall sort of flat. 

So I have to conclude that science doesn't fully understand what's going on. 

Unfortunately to many even though this is in fact the most rational POV, we are the crazy ones. Lol

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

No. You haven't gotten it yet.

I propose that any number of subconscious fears might be manifested under certain conditions. 

I don't think people are getting abducted, but I think they're having terrifying experiences that seem as real as anything they've ever experienced. 

They probably see, feel, hear and can be touched by what seems to be alien creatures in their bedrooms. I understand this because I've experienced it. 

The only thing that separates my experiences from theirs is that they saw aliens and I saw a shadow person. 

I have heard of the shadow people. That is very spooky to me.lol!! I think I would rather an alien at my bed then a shadow person.lol!

I am just curious to why you don't think it is possible that some of these people aren't being abducted by Greys and other extraterrestrial types?

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:46 AM, ChaosRose said:

Well, being the resident Reptilian, I can say..

ok that's just something someone called me, but still.

I wonder who that could have been? Anybody we know?:lol::blush:

Edited by Truthseeker007
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2018 at 5:37 AM, I'mConvinced said:

I always wondered why others are so bothered about Alien abductions.  Lets look at some facts about them, if indeed they exist at all:

1. They seem to affect no one beyond the abductee.

2. There are no lasting physical effects that can be attributed to the abduction.

3. Abductions are extremely rare - you are at least 10 times more likely to win the lottery.

4. No one will witness your abduction.

5. No camera or recording device will capture your abduction.

6. No radar station will record an anomaly at the same time you are being abducted.

7. Mostly you need to be an American

It also leaves many unanswered questions such as:

1. Why do they use such low tech medical devices? 

2. Why do their memory wiping techniques only partially work?

3. Why do they need to keep abducting the same people over and over again? 

4. Why are the interiors of the ships so different between abduction stories? 

5. Why are there no devices implanted in the places people claim? 

All good points and one that Dr Vallee has addressed in several of his books...he also has listed his 5 arguments against the ET hypothesis....wikilink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Vallée

Vallée's opposition to the ETH theory is summarised in his paper, "Five Arguments Against the Extraterrestrial Origin of Unidentified Flying Objects", Journal of Scientific Exploration, 1990:

Scientific opinion has generally followed public opinion in the belief that unidentified flying objects either do not exist (the "natural phenomena hypothesis") or, if they do, must represent evidence of a visitation by some advanced race of space travellers (the extraterrestrial hypothesis or "ETH"). It is the view of the author that research on UFOs need not be restricted to these two alternatives. On the contrary, the accumulated data base exhibits several patterns tending to indicate that UFOs are real, represent a previously unrecognized phenomenon, and that the facts do not support the common concept of "space visitors." Five specific arguments articulated here contradict the ETH:

1. unexplained close encounters are far more numerous than required for any physical survey of the earth;
  2. the humanoid body structure of the alleged "aliens" is not likely to have originated on another planet and is not biologically adapted to space travel;
  3. the reported behavior in thousands of abduction reports contradicts the hypothesis of genetic or scientific experimentation on humans by an advanced race;
  4. the extension of the phenomenon throughout recorded human history demonstrates that UFOs are not a contemporary phenomenon; and
  5. the apparent ability of UFOs to manipulate space and time suggests radically different and richer alternatives.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Of course you're ridiculing people. You have even insinuated that they have some sexual deviancy. 

Obviously you did not read the post you responded to. I challenge you to point out any ridicule.

12 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I find it incredibly ridiculous that people insist it's all in both of our heads when he saw the exact same thing I did within a night or two of me having the experience I did not tell him about it.

And where did you get those numbers? The number of people having sleep paralysis at least once in their lifetime is between 8 and 50 percent. Studies still differ on the prevalence of this condition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Other estimates include the following

https://www.csicop.org/si/show/abduction_by_aliens_or_sleep_paralysis

The International Classification of Sleep Disorders (Thorpy 1990) reports that sleep paralysis is common among narcoleptics, in whom the paralysis usually occurs at sleep onset; is frequent in about 3 to 6 percent of the rest of the population; and occurs occasionally as “isolated sleep paralysis” in 40 to 50 percent. Other estimates for the incidence of isolated sleep paralysis include those from Japan (40 percent; Fukuda, et al. 1987), Nigeria (44 percent; Ohaeri 1992), Hong Kong (37 percent; Wing, Lee, and Chen 1994), Canada (21 percent; Spanos et al. 1995), Newfoundland (62 percent; Ness 1978), and England (46 percent; Rose and Blackmore 1996).

The entity type of experience is reported as being common in sleep paralysis although I cannot find any figures to support the occurrence.

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

Obviously you did not read the post you responded to. I challenge you to point out any ridicule.

It sounds like a form of paraphilia to me.

Here is a top 10 demons to have sex with and the top 1 is ALIENS!

Post 14.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I have heard of the shadow people. That is very spooky to me.lol!! I think I would rather an alien at my bed then a shadow person.lol!

I am just curious to why you don't think it is possible that some of these people aren't being abducted by Greys and other extraterrestrial types?

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, just that this probably accounts for most bedroom invader type experiences. 

People are in an altered state and they have experiences that are very real, but they're probably not actually leaving their bedrooms. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It sounds like a form of paraphilia to me.

Here is a top 10 demons to have sex with and the top 1 is ALIENS!

Post 14.

That's not ridicule. That is reporting what researchers say. Apparently you didn't bother to read any of the links. Please try again if you want to.

14 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Unfortunately to many even though this is in fact the most rational POV, we are the crazy ones. Lol

It wasn't too long ago that they'd try to medicate and maybe even commit people over these experiences. 

But oh no...they got it all down now. They've got all the answers. And if you don't agree, maybe there's something wrong with you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

That's not ridicule. That is reporting what researchers say. Apparently you didn't bother to read any of the links. Please try again if you want to.

Looks like ridicule to me. You're saying that people who have these experiences have some sort of paraphilia and desire to have sex with demons and aliens.

Do you blame people for what they dream? 

These are just dreams, right? That's what you're saying. And it's a common thing. We don't know how common because people are afraid to say they've had the experiences...

probably because of people like you who will say there's something wrong with them if they do. 

But yeah...they say 5% to possibly 50% of people have this at least once in their lifetimes, but I'm sure they're all sexual deviants. 

• Like 2

Looks like ridicule to me. You're saying that people who have these experiences have some sort of paraphilia and desire to have sex with demons and aliens.

Do you blame people for what they dream? 

These are just dreams, right? That's what you're saying. And it's a common thing. We don't know how common because people are afraid to say they've had the experiences...

probably because of people like you who will say there's something wrong with them if they do. 

But yeah...they say 5% to possibly 50% of people have this at least once in their lifetimes, but I'm sure they're all sexual deviants. 

It looks like ridicule because you want to see ridicule. As I stated before I am reporting what real researchers have written. Take up your little rant with them if it makes you feel bad.

If you think I blame people for what they dream then it shows you did not read or understand what I posted.

The idea that people are afraid to say they have had this experience is based on what? I have seen no such indications in anything I read on the subject.

I never stated or suggested that these events were in any way wrong. That idea is just you making up stories again.

I never stated or suggested that any of this was was deviant. That's just you making up stories again.

What stupid story will you post next?

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/sleep-paralysis-demon-in-the-bedroom#1

Research shows that people in countries as diverse as China, East Africa, Mexico, Newfoundland, and the United States have long believed that paralysis is caused by demons, witches, or other supernatural creatures sitting on their chests and sometimes trying to have sex with them.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/sleep-paralysis.html

In Mexico, more than 90% of teenagers know the phrase "a dead body climbed on top of me" to describe the nightmare entity. And in African culture, it's known as "the devil riding your back" where demons have sex with people in their sleep.

https://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/why-are-demons-blamed-for-sleep-paralysis1.htm

Demon-on-human sex was a subject of surprising complexity in 15th-century Europe. On one hand, as much as half of the general public experienced sleep paralysis, confounded by sexual dreams and nocturnal emissions in both sexes. Remember, the terror of the sleep paralysis experience is due to combination of combination of situational and individual factors.

Throw in a religious script of sexual impurity and a rich tapestry of witchcraft theory and you have quite a recipe for a scandalous demonic encounter.

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/05/11/sleep-paralysis-demons-demonic-attacks/

The hallucinatory subtype of sleep paralysis most associated with demons is that of the “Incubus” – a term which translates to a male demon having sexual intercourse with a sleeping female.  It is most common for those experiencing the “Incubus” subtype of hallucinations to believe that they encountered a demon or were victim of a demonic attack.  In a majority of cases, people claim that the demon they encounter was attempting to murder them in their sleep.

https://www.livescience.com/28325-spooky-film-explores-sleep-paralysis.html

Sleep paralysis experiences are almost certainly behind the myths of the incubus and succubus, demons thought have sex with unsuspecting humans in their sleep.

I don't believe what I experienced long ago was sleep paralysis, but something else.   It was back in the late 1990s I awoke one night, and felt my body effortlessly rolling over in bed about two times.  No muscular movement at all.  I came to rest on my back and looked up to my right.  There I saw a black form about the size of a medium-sized man,  No features.  I screamed and the form went through my window curtain and out.  When it went through the curtain I heard a funny little buzzing noise and it was gone.   Alien bringing me back home?

• Like 1