Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why All the Alien Abductions

Brandy333

3 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I think Alien abductions happen. But until a live alien is captured and announces on live TV that it abducts humans the skeptics will remain. Even if that happens they will say it is fake. So I guess everybody can research it for themselves and come to their own conclusions.

Skeptics should be reserved in their judgement over the idea of abductions which appear to be nothing more than tall tales. Anyone believing in abduction is in a belief system that is not supported by any evidence whatsoever.

Suppose an alien is captured. Then the existence of aliens is demonstrated. If that alien does not appear to exist then certainly skeptics should be wary. Gullible fools will never question whether or not it is fake and simply gush over their inability to think on their own. The gullible enjoy being suckered by fake stories and nonsensical tales. Skeptics on the other hand are interested in how the world actual works and do not waste their time on idiotic stories.

47 minutes ago, stereologist said:

What is clear is that anecdotes is not evidence. There are all sorts of stories from posters claiming to be aliens to abductees to riding in spaceships to whatever. They are just stories. Evidence is something that can be independently verified. It is something that is more than a yarn, tall tale, etc. Alien abduction claims could be verified by producing an alien device. That has never happened. So how would we know it is alien? It is a device that is shown to do something that incorporates technologies not currently available. It could be a piece of electronics with geometries too dense for current technologies. But it turns out to be a CM design. It is evidence, but is it proof? No.

You didn’t answer my question of what would constitute evidence (as opposed to proof) for alien abductions?

i still argue you do not differentiate between the words evidence and proof, but oh well at this point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

You didn’t answer my question of what would constitute evidence (as opposed to proof) for alien abductions?

i still argue you do not differentiate between the words evidence and proof, but oh well at this point.

Evidence: " Alien abduction claims could be verified by producing an alien device. "

Difference between evidence and proof: " So how would we know it is alien? It is a device that is shown to do something that incorporates technologies not currently available. It could be a piece of electronics with geometries too dense for current technologies. But it turns out to be a CM design. It is evidence, but is it proof? No. "

You can argue all you want that I " do not differentiate between the words evidence and proof ". That error is based on your inability to read.

What is clear is that you do not understand that anecdotes are not evidence. You rely on sources you wish to be believable instead of examining evidence. You decide to reject actual evidence in favor of beliefs which have zero support. You reject logic in favor of illogical and fanciful decisions.

Evidence is something that others can check for correctness. Stories are stories. If they cannot be independently checked they remain nothing more than stories. Something made by aliens would be evidence. It is possible for multiple people to check the device to see if it is alien. Maybe it appears too intricate to be man made but uses the same type of manufacturing technology. It might be man made. It might not be.

3 hours ago, seeder said:

Really?   Kindly tell me about the latest abduction, or just give me a link

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Recent+Alien+Abduction+Stories&Form=VQFRVP

This is one sight you may find interesting.   One thing I notice in a lot of abductee's faces is fear in their eyes.   Abduction is not what I'd elect to go through.

Edited by Brandy333
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Sorry your reading ability is so poor.

Evidence: " Alien abduction claims could be verified by producing an alien device. "

Difference between evidence and proof: " So how would we know it is alien? It is a device that is shown to do something that incorporates technologies not currently available. It could be a piece of electronics with geometries too dense for current technologies. But it turns out to be a CM design. It is evidence, but is it proof? No. "

You can argue all you want that I " do not differentiate between the words evidence and proof ". That error is based on your inability to read.

What is clear is that you do not understand that anecdotes are not evidence. You rely on sources you wish to be believable instead of examining evidence. You decide to reject actual evidence in favor of beliefs which have zero support. You reject logic in favor of illogical and fanciful decisions.

Evidence is something that others can check for correctness. Stories are stories. If they cannot be independently checked they remain nothing more than stories. Something made by aliens would be evidence. It is possible for multiple people to check the device to see if it is alien. Maybe it appears too intricate to be man made but uses the same type of manufacturing technology. It might be man made. It might not be.

So what I am hearing is evidence for alien abductions must include a way too advanced device (essentially proof of aliens). 

I still must wonder what is the difference between evidence and proof in your view?

• Like 1

I don't think actual aliens come and abduct people from their beds and take them up in a spaceship.

I do think people enter altered states of consciousness, and they have real experiences. 

Science has given us explanations for those experiences, and as someone who has gone through weird stuff (not aliens in particular), I have to say that their explanations fall sort of flat. 

So I have to conclude that science doesn't fully understand what's going on. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

On 1/13/2018 at 4:57 AM, Brandy333 said:

It seems there are quite a few claiming to have been abducted lately.   I've watched videos also claiming aliens are living on earth in huge undersea and underground cities, and some say look so much like humans you wouldn't know one if you passed them on the street.

Yep....CLAIMING they have been abducted. This does not mean they have been.

People can claim whatever they like, make a youtube video and hope for hits..

The undersea and underground cities is just so ridiculous, it is not even worth commenting on. Please do not fall for such stupid claims.

How about you read up about our Earth and all the research which has and is being done....no human like aliens are living here.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/deep-sea-research/vol/25/issue/12

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/deep-sea-research-part-i-oceanographic-research-papers

https://www.journals.elsevier.com/deep-sea-research-part-ii-topical-studies-in-oceanography

Jeeze....all this amazing work and then a few idiots who have no idea about our oceans, are claiming aliens are living there...this is an insult to all the researchers and science.

• Like 2

Is this how people educate themselves now...by watching ridiculous claims on youtube? 

I have posted some links about research which has been done over the years.....THIS is what they should be educating themselves with...then they would understand how stupid these claims about aliens living under our seas and grounds are. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

I asked YOU.....to tell me about the LATEST abductions, not to give me a link full of stories/vids of abductions

You stated at the beginning that there were abductions..."lately".... in other words....recently....

so....tell me about any recent abductions please...just to remind you of what you said, you stated:   " It seems there are quite a few claiming to have been abducted lately"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seeder said:

I asked YOU.....to tell me about the LATEST abductions, not to give me a link full of stories/vids of abductions

You stated at the beginning that there were abductions..."lately".... in other words....recently....

so....tell me about any recent abductions please...just to remind you of what you said, you stated:   " It seems there are quite a few claiming to have been abducted lately"

Well, if you read at the top part of the site there are selections for the most recent abductions.   You did ask for a story or a link, so I sent a link.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandy333 said:

Im not here to watch videos....that takes time

so just TELL me....what and when...is the most recent abduction?  Surely you can do that, seeing as YOU stated that abductions have happened recently?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Youtube links about someone claiming an abduction is not proof of anything. 

How did the aliens get here?

Where is the proof they were ever here?

Have you looked at the links i posted about research on EARTH for your educational purposes?

• Like 2

Just now, Brandy333 said:

If I told you a story, that would take time to read it too.

A story.....just like the stories they are talking about in the videos.

Can you not aee, they are just stories.

• Like 1

Brandy, when you quote someone, you then type your reply under their quote, that way we know what bit you have written. :tu:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Brandy, when you quote someone, you then type your reply under their quote, that way we know what bit you have written. :tu:

I    know.  For some reason not all my replies are coming through.

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

I don't think actual aliens come and abduct people from their beds and take them up in a spaceship.

I do think people enter altered states of consciousness, and they have real experiences. 

Science has given us explanations for those experiences, and as someone who has gone through weird stuff (not aliens in particular), I have to say that their explanations fall sort of flat. 

Can you provide an idea of why you say "their explanations fall sort of flat"

• Like 1

I    know.  For some reason not all my replies are coming through.

They are, but you are typing in the quoted box and not underneath it. 

Its ok, have made that mistake myself a few moons ago. :tu:

8 minutes ago, seeder said:

But I just asked for the most recent.  You could state that by writing the year, then giving the link, not even 2 sentences.

But I think youre struggling now arent you.... ??

10 minutes ago, seeder said:

But I just asked for the most recent.  You could state that by writing the year, then giving the link, not even 2 sentences.

But I think youre struggling now arent you.... ??

Well, here goes:  Let's see, on 1/12/2018 Scotty beamed Kirk, McCoy and Spock back to the USS Enterprise.  Nice story,hey?

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

I would say those who are claiming to wake up only to think they had been abducted during the night, are the ones who do not undetstand what is going on.

A lot of research has been done about dreams, but there are many people who believe they really were abducted because their dream seemed so real. We have been here numerous times with dreams.

They are just dreams by people who have been intrigued by fantasy alien stories. 

• Like 2

I have not been abducted. There is only a small group of people claiming to be. There is witness accounts of UFOs coming out of the ocean, that is true. I think it would make for a good place to hang out if they came here. Some ETs are said to be human-type so yeah, they could be among us and we would not notice, that is true.

Edited by Area201
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Area201 said:

I have not been abducted. There is only a small group of people claiming to be.

I am the reincarnation of Cleopatra....because i claim to be.:tu:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brandy333 said:

Ok lets play along.... why...will aliens, have to abduct MORE than just one person?  I mean they are sposed to be super advanced arent they?  So surely...by taking ONE DNA sample....they will understand the entirety of human evolution?

WE can do that....and we are just stupid earth people

But CLEARLY..... those aliens are as  thick as anything,  as they seem to keep FORGETTING how man works and so NEED to keep abducting MORE men and women to do the SAME old tests on

explain that if you can in a sensible and logical manner. 

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I am the reincarnation of Cleopatra....because i claim to be.:tu:

Nice.

They have implants embedded in their bodies, which are later found to have unusual composition, that is argued not found on Earth, thus ET origin or hit by a meteor. 

I am not one of these people.

Edited by Area201
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Area201 said:

they could be among us and we would not notice, that is true.

No it is not true.....it is pure speculation based on nothing  but stories,  imagination and with some, hope.

• Like 1