Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tunnel entrances spotted on Moon's surface

UM-Bot

I sincerely hope those are not moon rat holes ...

~

• Like 6

Its cheese holes.. Im surprised they havent found it earlier.
As its common knowledge the moon is made of cheese.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

I sincerely hope those are not moon rat holes ...

~

Seconded!

• Like 2

They are most likely cave entrances left over from when cavemen from Earth colonized the moon to get away from the dinosaurs.  :yes:

• Like 3

Nazi's....It is the Nazi's

• Like 3

Oh man, the humans found our secret base...

...uh...I mean....

What an interesting and completely unexpected discovery of a completely natural phenomenon!

It crazy to think that we wouldn't have found caves on the moon until now...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Oh man, the humans found our secret base...

...uh...I mean....

What an interesting and completely unexpected discovery of a completely natural phenomenon!

It crazy to think that we wouldn't have found caves on the moon until now...

I was thinking the same thing that it's weird that these openings weren't discovered until now.

• Like 1

Ohh man... cheese, Nazi's... pesky quick-fingered posters have already snaffled the best witty references! :wacko:

• Like 3

We have some fairly well known caves close to where I live. I remember going on a field trip in school to them and the anticipation on what we will find upon entering them was pretty exciting. We were just kids and not realizing people have been going into them for years! ..  but what an adventure that day was for us! I cant imagine what it would be like for future explorers entering cave systems on the moon and what they may find.

Here is a picture from Giant Crystal Cave in Mexico at a depth of around 300 metres or 980ft

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 4

Actually those holes in the moon are just the entrances to UM's Lunar Facility - Where we had  last years Moon Dance and Masquerade Party...

Now that the whole world knows where the entrances are, we'll have to move it...

Everyone grab a shovel!

• Like 7

I dont believe this is cave entrances I think its just the back slope of hills that is in shadow..
Look how bright it is over all small bumps on the picture and how dark it is under each bump.
Its just the sun lying low on the horizon when the picture was taken..

news-moon-holes-2.jpg

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Ohh man... cheese, Nazi's... pesky quick-fingered posters have already snaffled the best witty references! :wacko:

You can still say something about the Reptilians and their soul processing plant.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

You can still say something about the Reptilians and their soul processing plant.

Shhh.

• Like 5

I read the exact same thing years ago almost if not word for word.
They act like we have no capability to see the Moon so funny. They are this point have probes capable of going to the moon and inside these caves.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Shhh.

My apologies, Great Queen, but do not worry I didn't even mention the petting zoo or the happy fun water slide, the Earthlings remain oblivious.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Herr Falukorv said:

I dont believe this is cave entrances I think its just the back slope of hills that is in shadow..
Look how bright it is over all small bumps on the picture and how dark it is under each bump.
Its just the sun lying low on the horizon when the picture was taken..

news-moon-holes-2.jpg

I'm having a hard time believing this isn't some type of joke article. The light is obviously casting the shadow on the opposite side of the land feature like you are stating. Simply more prominent than the surrounding ones. 

Unless there is a better picture with light reflecting back the opposite direction I believe someone is going to be really disappointed when they head up to go spelunking.

• Like 2

Actually, there's been good photographic evidence of cave entrances on the Moon for a number of years. These are presumably lava tubes, as the Moon apparently had ample volcanic activity in the deep past. A abundance of basaltic rock is solid evidence of this. 

Caves near the Moon's poles would present advantages to Lunar colonists. Subsurface ice deposits are believed to exist in the permanently shadowed craters there. Ice may well be found in polar lava tubes, too. Ice is found in some lava tube caves on Earth, so its presence in Moon caves isn't really such a reach.

Ice in Lunar caves could be melted for water by colonists, and cracked electrolytically to make oxygen. The hydrogen released might serve as rocket fuel.

Caves on the Moon could provide shelter for colonists from micrometeorites, radiation, and temperature extremes. Caves on Earth tend to assume the average temperature of their surroundings. This may be true on the Moon, as well.       

Edited by bison
added information, more info.
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Taun said:

That was a good book...

Reminded me of a weird Science Fiction movie starring Walter Koenig.   bluray-moontrap-1.jpg                  

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

I suppose natural tunnels good be great shelters (re-inforced, of course) from meteroties, comic rays and such.

• Like 2