Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New species of dwarf lemur discovered

Still Waters

With their giant, round black eyes, nubby little ears, fluffy tails, and grabby hands, Madagascar's newest lemur species is hard not to love.

Scientists recently identified and named the new species Groves' dwarf lemur, known scientifically as the Cheirogaleus grovesi.

It was found in two of the country's national parks: Ranomafana, which is characterized by rainforest in a mountainous region, and Andringitra, a mix of grassland and forest.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2018/01/new-groves-dwarf-lemur-species-madagascar-spd/

• Like 5

I clicked view images and got a full-screen HD commercial, instead. Nice story, 'though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I clicked view images and got a full-screen HD commercial, instead. Nice story, 'though.

A 'view images' option to click on isn't there for me. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

If you hover the cursor over the top image you'll see it but it's not even worth it.

It's only one pic; a bigger version of the one on the main page.  The video plays for me but I can only hear it, otherwise it's a black screen.

• Like 1

Nat Geo got a little ad crowded since Fox bought it. It's a pain sometimes but many times worth it for the read.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

If you hover the cursor over the top image you'll see it but it's not even worth it.

It's only one pic; a bigger version of the one on the main page.  The video plays for me but I can only hear it, otherwise it's a black screen.

I see what you mean about the pic, it's just a bigger version of the same one.

The video plays for me but they don't always, sometimes all I can see is a black screen the same as you. To get around that I view the article in incognito mode, it works but comes with a lot of adverts.

• Like 2

It still amazes me we find new species like this. It reinforces how incredibly diverse our wildlife is!  Size of a squirrel?  how cool is that!  Its so sad and upsetting these animals suffer from the effects of deforestation and habitat loss.

Lemurs are considered the most threatened mammal group in the world, according to the International Union for the Conservation of Nature.

• Like 3

Awesooooooooome

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Still Waters said:

It appears on the one original image of the lemur on mine.