Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dogs could 'talk' using AI within 10 years

UM-Bot

14 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I can do this without using any technology...I'm completely serious.

I believe you. 

• Like 3

squirrel.jpg

• Like 9

What are we to do with all these dog-gone dog puns? :lol:

• Like 4

Would love to let the Dogs at all of the pounds, and on the streets be able to say what they feel.

• Like 4

• Like 2

How are they going to prove their interpretation is what the dog or cat is saying is really what they are saying.  My pets and I have good communication, because I pay attention to them. If the dogs are barking I investigate what they are barking at.  So I know the different barks for different things. They also know once I have investigated they know to stop barking.  Training is really teaching your dog langage. 

Edited by Grandpa Greenman
  • Like 5

How much technology is required to translate "FOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD!!!!"? :unsure2:

• Like 5

Walkies

Poopoo

Bed

Huggies

My dogs understands all those words. 

When my dogs want a poo or wee, the westie paws me and walks to the door and the cocker gets his ball....

This device will translate, but it will not alter the dogs brain so it can have a conversation with you. The dog will still be in dog "mind". 

My black lab new what I meant with a pat and and a good girl. However if I pointed at her she new it was not good.  Dogs already talk to us and vs verse.  Besides I think dogs would be brutally honest. 

Being deaf, I rely on my two buds enormously. Especially when I'm in the woods. I am positive that they know I am deaf and exaggerate their communications to me. I'd be dead twice over if not for them. What can make it tricky is both dogs communicate differently. So essentially I had to learn two new languages. I agree with an above poster that if dogs could talk they would be very blunt and realistic. The crappy part is this takes years and by the time you can converse with them, they get old and die. :(

Hank

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

The crappy part is this takes years and by the time you can converse with them, they get old and die. :(

Hank

I am faced with this very dilemma, so I tell my boy he is going to heaven soon.  I tell him heaven is like that place he loves going to best, the river.  He wags his tail with much thanks and then a tear rolls down his cheek. 

7 hours ago, Aquila King said:

What are we to do with all these dog-gone dog puns? :lol:

I think everyone is going barking-mad!! 

• Like 1

My dog is cute, precious, loving and loyal. I love her just the way she is... no human talk.

I tried that on my wife and I got a black-eye over that.  :wacko:

You can see talking cats on YouTube and we had a cat that seemed to talk a little. And I don't mean sentences, I mean it would sound like they would say a particular word for a particular need.

• Like 1

I've said this before, but it's worth a second outing.....

Very few animals have the equipment in the right place to be able to talk, but dogs have it all!  They are quite capable of speech, but they don't have the brains for it.

I'd rather be able to talk to the dog then vice verse. Like telling them 'come wake me up in the middle of the night, instead of crapping all over the rug.'

• Like 2

People may be disappointed at the limited primal things a dog has to say to them....

• Like 1