Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Brits charter flight to France for curry meal

4 posts in this topic

Still Waters

A British curry addict who was missing his favourite spicy meal has arranged for his takeaway to be delivered to France.

Thanks to a massive delivery arranged through a Facebook group in December, pilot James Emery will be eating his favourite chicken phall curry on Saturday.

After a journey of nearly four hours, the expat and his friends collected their order in person on Saturday.

https://news.sky.com/story/british-expats-charter-flight-to-france-to-enjoy-takeaway-curry-11206463

• Like 2

keithisco

Just goes to show what I have always said about French "cuisine"... it's boring, grey, and over-fussed with and underwhelming :ph34r:

• Like 1

Black Monk

Us Brits sure do love curries. Almost every other premises along Derby Street here in Bolton is a curry house. We're the biggest consumers of curry in the world outside the Indian Subcontinent. We even invented some curries - chicken tikka masala (now described as Britain's national dish) and balti were invented here. I myself am partial to a lamb jalfrezi and chips from a local curry house some nights after work.

Edited by Black Monk

Captain Risky
On 1/14/2018 at 11:40 PM, Black Monk said:

Us Brits sure do love curries. Almost every other premises along Derby Street here in Bolton is a curry house. We're the biggest consumers of curry in the world outside the Indian Subcontinent. We even invented some curries - chicken tikka masala (now described as Britain's national dish) and balti were invented here. I myself am partial to a lamb jalfrezi and chips from a local curry house some nights after work.

curry and chips. what a great idea.