Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
KaraZorEl

Looking for Help

6 posts in this topic

KaraZorEl

I am an author who is trying to find a map of the most reported hotspots for ghost activity around the world. Five years ago I found such a map that I recreated for fiction, but now I using it in a non-fiction capacity and cant find the original one from 5 years ago. Is there a database anywhere online I cant use to find this info? Even if its all separated my areas. Ive tried googling it but haven’t had much luck.

• Like 1

GlitterRose

Off the top of my head, Gettysburg is supposed to be ridiculously haunted.

Myrtlesville Plantation, Waverly Hills Sanatorium, and Eastern State Penitentiary all come to mind.

• Like 3

rashore

Welcome to UM Kara :st

There isn't really much out there for whole world maps... These folks are the only ones I can think of that might have been around 5 years ago. http://ghostresearchinternational.com/haunted_locations.html

Most other sites out there only have a country or a few. Like this one is mostly U.S., but also has some other country listings. It's one of the cheesier sites, but it does come in map form: https://www.hauntedplaces.org/

I know there's a bunch of separate maps out there on google maps. The U.S. is often broken down by state. I've seen maps for other countries too, but that isn't really my area of mapping interest. There's a couple of world maps or general area maps like Europe out there, but I have no idea how old any of them are.

• Like 1

-Thatguy-

The really good hauntings usually come and go, or are kept in list by someone in a small circle of people who really go out and look for them. What you are getting from everyone so far, are a lot of famous places. A really good map that has the best non famous hauntings is pretty much non-existent.

You can probably get a good tour guide list of famous haunts going though, and I would love to see it when you are done. Just because a place is a famous haunting, doesn't mean it is the best place to go.

Inn Spectre
On 1/15/2018 at 0:56 AM, KaraZorEl said:

I am an author who is trying to find a map of the most reported hotspots for ghost activity around the world.

That will be a map of where people are more likely to report sightings, not necessarily where most sightings occur.