Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple held after 13 children found shackled

Still Waters

16 minutes ago, Piney said:

I know they will. I participated in such "fun and games".

They should add a year onto his sentence just for his ridiculous haircut. No male, over 8, should have a hairstyle like that.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

There are no words. I just saw a news segment about the crimes. The "dad" was charged with the perpetration of a lewd act on a child. The "parents" restrained the kids with both chains and ropes, and some kids were hogtied. They ate cake and pie in front of their starved kids, whose meals were strictly rationed. There were boxes of toys that remained closed, which was emotional torture of the youngest kids. The kids were hooked to IV drips to save their lives. A normal person wouldn't treat their pet like this, let alone their kids, so punish the monsters accordingly.

OMG...at the moment words fail me Para.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

They should add a year onto his sentence just for his ridiculous haircut. No male, over 8, should have a hairstyle like that.

Must have been a Captain Kangaroo fan.

fds.jpg

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Astra. said:

OMG...at the moment words fail me Para.

That's how I felt when I watched the unedited clip from Elvis Chapel. It was surreal on more than one level.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, South Alabam said:

fds.jpg

They should have retired it with him. It's interesting that David Turpin, Dylan Roof, Adam Lanza, and Jimmy Saville all had/have the 'roo cut.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, Princess Serenity said:

I was reading an article's comments and a few people blamed "homeschooling." Blame the parents. Not the education. 

I think the link might be that when they are home schooled, no outsider ever sees the children.  lLts a parents do a great job of home schooling for a lot of reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I think the link might be that when they are home schooled, no outsider ever sees the children.  lLts a parents do a great job of home schooling for a lot of reasons.

We have a member, from California she says, that supposedly home schooled her children. She purports there are very strict regulations on homeschooling. It doesn't appear to be factual.

4 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

They should have retired it with him. It's interesting that David Turpin, Dylan Roof, Adam Lanza, and Jimmy Saville all had/have the 'roo cut.

We always called it the "bowl cut". My aunt would literally put an appropriate size bowl on my 3 male cousins heads and cut around it. When they were small, mind you...not when they got older and could object...lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

We have a member, from California she says, that supposedly home schooled her children. She purports there are very strict regulations on homeschooling. It doesn't appear to be factual.

It is ... but only if you are a part of the registered homeschooling system.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

I was home schooled in first grade, but that was about sixty years ago.  I do remember going into school about every 6 weeks with my mom to talk to a teacher so that she could assess our progress.   Maybe there are ways to get around that as Hats suggests.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skliss said:

We always called it the "bowl cut". My aunt would literally put an appropriate size bowl on my 3 male cousins heads and cut around it. When they were small, mind you...not when they got older and could object...lol

When I was a kid, that was the preferred hairstyle of Pentecostal kids, as well as kids with very strict parents. Well, I don't know if the *kids* preferred them, but their parents sure did.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 6:33 PM, Princess Serenity said:

I was reading an article's comments and a few people blamed "homeschooling." Blame the parents. Not the education. 

There was a big stink here in Iowa when a congressman proposed legislation to have the government check up on homeschooled kids.  The idea was that homeschool laws were being used by abusive parents to hide their actions so he wanted to implement safegaurds:  https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/investigations/readers-watchdog/2017/01/21/weak-home-school-laws-can-make-children-targets-abuse-experts-say/96551352/

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That's how I felt when I watched the unedited clip from Elvis Chapel. It was surreal on more than one level.

Yes I saw that as well. They are a repulsive pair. Again, thank god those children are now safe and out of their parents evil and vile clutches. The whole thing has not only been extremely sad for these helpless kids....but absolutely mind boggling with some of the horrific things that they had to endure and suffer with for such a very, very long time. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

It is ... but only if you are a part of the registered homeschooling system.

What's worse...they were registered as a private school.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/california-captive-family.html

• Like 4

The youngest child, age 2, seemed to be the focus of parental affection.  She was the only child in the family who was not reported to be under-nourished.

IMHO (pure speculation here) The Turpins have a fixation with infants.

When baby outgrows infancy; he/she is replaced with a new baby.  (13 times)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

When I was a kid, that was the preferred hairstyle of Pentecostal kids, as well as kids with very strict parents. Well, I don't know if the *kids* preferred them, but their parents sure did.

I think my aunt did it because with 3 kids it was cost effective. :D

9 hours ago, Astra. said:

Yes I saw that as well. They are a repulsive pair. Again, thank god those children are now safe and out of their parents evil and vile clutches. The whole thing has not only been extremely sad for these helpless kids....but absolutely mind boggling with some of the horrific things that they had to endure and suffer with for such a very, very long time. 

I read a headline that said that the girl, who escaped from the house, had the education level of a student in *first grade*! The dad and the mom likely taught their dogs more than they taught their kids. Some of them probably are mentally disabled. This gruesome twosome was blessed with a baker's dozen of children, and they trashed twelve of them like they were garbage. :angry:

• Like 5

2 hours ago, skliss said:

I think my aunt did it because with 3 kids it was cost effective. :D

That makes sense when they're young. I would take them to a barbershop when they turn 12, though.

This man and women was a match made in a cesspool.

The latest news is that they found waist-high filth in their Texas home after they moved to California. They also found corpses of cats and dogs there. Now, policemen are using cadaver dogs to search the property. I'm keeping tabs on the story even though it's dropping off the tiny radar screen.

• Like 3

Louise Turpin thought her family would be perfect for a reality TV show.   

She thought they could make millions and become household names.  Link

• Like 2

On 19/01/2018 at 11:12 AM, South Alabam said:

fds.jpg

That’s just seven shades of creepy.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2018 at 11:22 AM, Winter Summer said:

The youngest child, age 2, seemed to be the focus of parental affection.  She was the only child in the family who was not reported to be under-nourished.

IMHO (pure speculation here) The Turpins have a fixation with infants.

When baby outgrows infancy; he/she is replaced with a new baby.  (13 times)

That's ******ng insane ! It's like people who buy new pet when they become older and less cute... They deserve death by meat crusher from the toe up very slowly.

Edited by Jon the frog

3 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

The latest news is that they found waist-high filth in their Texas home after they moved to California. They also found corpses of cats and dogs there. Now, policemen are using cadaver dogs to search the property. I'm keeping tabs on the story even though it's dropping off the tiny radar screen.

It's all so chilling. I can't help but wonder that since they've found the remains of these poor animals...the authorities are obviously concerned now, that they may find the remains of one or possibly more of their children that no-one was aware of (hence the cadaver's)

I haven't had the time to follow up too much on this story. But I also can't help wondering if this woman secretly home-birthed each / or some of these children. I'm curious as to know if their births (or some of their births) were even registered. 

Edited by Astra.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Winter Summer said:

She thought they could make millions and become household names.  Link

Well, they've certainly become a house hold name. But only in the most evil of ways. 

Edited by Astra.