Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is your very "breath" yours..!!!

MauriOra

14 hours ago, Hre2breal said:

I do agree with everything you said here Mr Walker however we live in a world that has preconcieved ideas of Race. Not all is doom an gloom thats true, however it is still there...This is where I would say,  Lifes walk for each an every person on earth is an entirely different experience..One can be disadvantaged by Genetic back ground, Religous back ground etc which can influence an hinder possibly ones true inner self awareness from being an excelling to what it really could be. These are all variables as to the difference between us an the advantages or disadvantages we all experience as individuals...eg..Just reading this in the paper..Mr Walker claims he was struck over the head by Mr Woolongongbo in an altercation Friday night. However Mr Woolongongbo denies the allergations.....Who do you think is going to be believed more so than the other. Truthfully it is a preconditioned disadvantage that can follow you for life..Everyones walk in life is different there are no for sure ways to succeed, you can try as good as the next person an still not be up to par..So I would say Mr Walker you did have advantages but you did very well for it an your a very knowledgable man whom is caring an accepting of lifes indifferences which is a really spiritually beautiful way to be.

While i understand such thinking, it worries me that it only  perpetuates slavery of mind  While a child may be influenced, and even bound, by the teachings of its parents and its society as an adult its mind will have developed enough to be ale to think. And once it starts to think it will start to question, to observe, to analyse, and to make its own sense of its world, If it finds  earlier teachings to be in opposition to what it finds for itself, then it will reject them 

It is true we must teach children to think rationally and objectively  ( i didn't even get the point of your hypothetical  for a long time and had to think what you were getting at That is because  i don't think in terms of racial or sexual stereotypes but that humans are  all identical beings in different bodies )

You don't have to be explicitly  taught to think logically and rationally but it certainly helps if you are.

But again, other peoples perceptions of you only affect you as much as you allow them to.  It is even worse to be affected by a false  preconception or belief about yourself, eg that you are stupid,  worthless,  ugly,  undesirable or unlovable . Those notions will hold a person back, a lot more than how others see and treat them. 

It is funny how you come to such realisations and knowldge. My parents taught me a lot but in my case  it really came together for me as a child  while I was listening to a record of Hans Christian Anderson's life by Danny Kaye, and the song about an ugly ducking 

There once was an ugly duckling 
With feathers all stubby and brown 
And the other birds said in so many words
Get out of town 
Get out, get out, get out of town 
And he went with a quack and a waddle and a quack 
In a flurry of eiderdown
That poor little ugly duckling 
Went wandering far and near 
But at every place they said to his face 
Now get out, get out, get out of here 
And a very unhappy tear 
All through the wintertime he hid himself away 
Ashamed to show his face, afraid of what others might say 
All through the winter in his lonely clump of wheat 
Till a flock of swans spied him there and very soon agreed
You’re a very fine swan indeed! 
A swan? Me a swan? Ah, go on! 
And he said yes, you’re a swan 
Take a look at yourself in the lake and you’ll see 
And he looked, and he saw, and he said 
I am a swan! Whee!
I’m not such an ugly duckling 
No feathers all stubby and brown 
For in fact these birds in so many words said 
The best in town, the best, the best 
The best in town
Not a quack, not a quack, not a waddle or a quack 
But a glide and a whistle and a snowy white back 
And a head so noble and high 
Say who’s an ugly duckling?
Not I! 
Not I!

I still sing this song a t times,  to remind me that i am a beautiful swan, even when others only see an ugly duckling. It told me, as a  very young child , of the difference between your inner self and how others might perceive you, but also the importance of self belief It also showed  me how a child is not the adult it will become, but will evolve into  a being of grace, power, and control.  
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Hre2breal said:

What an extrordinary child you were...I admire you. I would say you were destined to be exceptionally and extrodinarly a higher being from the begining Mr Walker, Chosen to be a Teacher or Leader..To help guide other people maybe less fortunate than yourself....Well done you...

I honestly can't take credit for it. My life was shaped by my parents and older relatives,  as well as wonderful teachers  They passed on values and ethics going back centuries,  and the  accumulated wisdoms of the generations, as well as giving me the greatest power in the world. A love of reading. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

While i understand such thinking, it worries me that it only  perpetuates slavery of mind  While a child may be influenced, and even bound, by the teachings of its parents and its society as an adult its mind will have developed enough to be ale to think. And once it starts to think it will start to question, to observe, to analyse, and to make its own sense of its world, If it finds  earlier teachings to be in opposition to what it finds for itself, then it will reject them 

It is true we must teach children to think rationally and objectively  ( i didn't even get the point of your hypothetical  for a long time and had to think what you were getting at That is because  i don't think in terms of racial or sexual stereotypes but that humans are  all identical beings in different bodies )

You don't have to be explicitly  taught to think logically and rationally but it certainly helps if you are.

But again, other peoples perceptions of you only affect you as much as you allow them to.  It is even worse to be affected by a false  preconception or belief about yourself, eg that you are stupid,  worthless,  ugly,  undesirable or unlovable . Those notions will hold a person back, a lot more than how others see and treat them. 

It is funny how you come to such realisations and knowldge. My parents taught me a lot but in my case  it really came together for me as a child  while I was listening to a record of Hans Christian Anderson's life by Danny Kaye, and the song about an ugly ducking 

There once was an ugly duckling 
With feathers all stubby and brown 
And the other birds said in so many words
Get out of town 
Get out, get out, get out of town 
In a flurry of eiderdown
That poor little ugly duckling 
Went wandering far and near 
But at every place they said to his face 
Now get out, get out, get out of here 
And a very unhappy tear 
All through the wintertime he hid himself away 
Ashamed to show his face, afraid of what others might say 
All through the winter in his lonely clump of wheat 
Till a flock of swans spied him there and very soon agreed
You’re a very fine swan indeed! 
A swan? Me a swan? Ah, go on! 
And he said yes, you’re a swan 
Take a look at yourself in the lake and you’ll see 
And he looked, and he saw, and he said 
I am a swan! Whee!
I’m not such an ugly duckling 
No feathers all stubby and brown 
For in fact these birds in so many words said 
The best in town, the best, the best 
The best in town
Not a quack, not a quack, not a waddle or a quack 
But a glide and a whistle and a snowy white back 
And a head so noble and high 
Say who’s an ugly duckling?
Not I! 
Not I!

I still sing this song a t times,  to remind me that i am a beautiful swan, even when others only see an ugly duckling. It told me, as a  very young child , of the difference between your inner self and how others might perceive you, but also the importance of self belief It also showed  me how a child is not the adult it will become, but will evolve into  a being of grace, power, and control.  

I do believe im asking you to understand somthing you cannot unless you have had the experience.For this is not somthing that is taught to many, but in fact a way people are treated...

The moment you realise you are being treated differently because of somthing beyond your control is eye opening to say the least..Its a life I realise now Mr Walker you cannot connect with because your life isnt that an never will be...

This the advantage an disadvantage I was speaking of earlier..You wouldnt know unless its you..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

I liked this, not because it said nice things about me, but because it shows a woman in balance, and harmony, with herself and her world. 

Atamarie My Friend xx

I am Humbled by these Words and also Very Surprised... I was not Expecting this...

I Thankyou Kindly Mr Walker.., you and your words have Made My Day...!!!

P.s...I meant the Nice words I said about you also...

Arohanuikiakoe..

My Love to You and Yours Sir..xx

Mo..xx

• Like 2

EMERGENCE OF THE NATION-STATE..!!!

We learned in School that the countries on the Globe are Nation- States, and that this is a relatively new phenomenon in history.. What is New about this arrangement is something we were not told. Because Americans, Australians, and others call the Various regions within their NATIONS "States", most think of a State as merely Territory within a Nation. As it turns out, the Words " Nation" and "State" mean very different things, and their combination into the Idea of the " Nation-State " may be the Greatest Illusion foisted upon Mankind...

State. "n, 1 the existing condition or position of a Person or Thing " Concise Oxford Dictionary Eight edition,

State, "Government.. In its most enlarged sense, it signifies a self-sufficient body of Persons United together in One Community .Bouvier's Law Dictionary 1856

State, condition of Persons, if we inquire into its Origin it will be found to come from the Latin " status" which is derived from........ Statio, which signifies the place where a person is located, stat, to fulfill the Obligations , which are Imposed upon Him/ Her..Bouvier's Law Dictionary 1856....

Mo..xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 2

EMERGENCE OF THE NATION-STATE...(2)

"Status" has to do with our "relation to others". So we see that a state is a much more Abstract Concept than a Nation or Country. It describes the Political affiliation of a group of People, but says nothing about their Geographic Location. While it may make logical Sense for neighbour's to band together Politically, it is completely unnecessary to the Concept of a State. Thus you can have more than one state within the Same Territory, or a State can have Multiple Territories..

Then why is this word " State" used so often to describe Geographic Entity?  Enter The Grand Illusion....of the Nation-State.. The Modern World has been Organized so that Political States are limited to the Geographic Boundaries, defined by NATIONS... Thus the Laws of a Particular State only apply if you are within its Corresponding Nation.. But...didn't the Nation already have Laws, and Why the need to distinguish between the Nation and the state, if they are both within the same territory....

Mo..xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 2

Ethnicity vs Nationality

Where nationality means one’s country of origin, ethnicity refers to racial ancestry.

To make it clearer, a person born in India and living in the US, will only have an Indian nationality, and not an American nationality. If a person from an Italian family was born in Greece, then that person would have an Italian ethnicity, and not a Greek ethnicity.

Nationality is a word that pertains to the state of origin. Nationality can be defined as the relationship between a person and his or her state of origin. Nationality also means that a person has the protection of the state where he or she was born.

Ethnicity can be defined as a group of people who regard themselves to be different from others. The ethnic groups are united by common traditional, cultural, linguistic, ritualistic, behavioral and religious traits. On the other hand, nationality does not pertain to these characteristics, as one can come across people that have different cultural, traditional, ritualistic and religious traits living in the same country.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

The ethnic groups are united by common traditional, cultural, linguistic, ritualistic, behavioral and religious traits.

One element is missing here and maybe the most important one - common BLOOD ties.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Argon said:

One element is missing here and maybe the most important one - common BLOOD ties.

Atamarie Sir.. xx

Thankyou for your Information..

Very Interesting...

And...Yes.... Blood is a very Important Factor..!!!

Thankyou Mr Argon...

Mo..xx

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

On the other hand, nationality does not pertain to these characteristics, as one can come across people that have different cultural, traditional, ritualistic and religious traits living in the same country.

This basically means that Nationality refers to people which can have various ethnic and cultural origins but only live in the same Country/State/Republic.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hre2breal said:

I do believe im asking you to understand somthing you cannot unless you have had the experience.For this is not somthing that is taught to many, but in fact a way people are treated...

The moment you realise you are being treated differently because of somthing beyond your control is eye opening to say the least..Its a life I realise now Mr Walker you cannot connect with because your life isnt that an never will be...

This the advantage an disadvantage I was speaking of earlier..You wouldnt know unless its you..

I Know what you mean by  this,

I read widely enough about present and past humans in many societies and circumstances including letters diaries journals etc of real people  to know what it can be like to see your family die in the holocaust or lose a child to disease   a family to  the dagers of fleeing form a country  or a husband or brother to war  Then of course we all have some tragedies and other experiences in our lives by which we can understand  the feelings of others 

No, of course no one can truly live another's life or know it BUT I believe that one of the wonders of the human mind is the abilty to identify  and  empathise with, and feel for, other people. 

i was taught basically from birth to put on different lenses and look at life through other peoples eye's,  not to judge by things like the colour of skin but by the nature and personality/character of a person .

At uni,. studies of things like philosophy, psychology, human cognition,politics, history, and demographics, helped me appreciate the diversity of humanity while  womens studies in the ealry 70s helped me to appreciate the   way in which the structure of society  discriminated against women and their rights to equality.

One cannot be sure of course, but i tend to disagree that a person cannot connect with or understand a life  unless one lives it.   I think that with education reading and experience one CAN know and recognise ones own advantages and the disadvantages of others and understand and appreciate how and why peole are different from yourself.

One does not have to live a life to know it or understand  it, and small  personal examples of all sorts of life experiences contribute to an overall knowledge   For example we cared for many homeless youths over our marriage i dealt with suicides attempted suicides spousal and child abuse, all sorts of agencies from  police  through women's refuges and child protection agencies   I dealt with drug induced paranoia and psychosis and the highs  of life for these young people.

i've attended at road accidents bush fires and  industrial accidents where deaths occurred  While these a re  not the mainstay of my life, each experience teaches you something about others. My life itself is a bit different to most. My wife and i have not bought any new clothes apart from  " socks and jocks"  for almost 15 years  We purchase second hand ones, both for ecological reasons and to give us money we can use for others.

As child I never had new clothes or shoes We certainly did not have money for sweets ice creams or many toys Our toilet was 20 yards out the back of the house past the rein water tank  pepper tree and the swing and slippery dip my father built for us.  and to have a hot shower you lit a  wood chip fire inside a metal jacket to heat up water for a bath or shower. We were allowed one hot bath or shower a week.  Clothes were washed by hand in a copper  tub, also heated by the chip heater, and stirred with a big wooden stick,  before being  put through a hand operated mangle to squeeze the water out and then hung on a old clothes line. The oven and stove top  was also wood fired and provided extra hot water, for cups of tea and washing up, from a black metal "fountain"  on the side . My job was to keep the wood box full with all the wood and chips needed for all the fires,  and this took about an hours work every day, with more in the winter when we had an open  wood fire in the lounge room.  There was always a large wood pile with both large stumps and gum logs which needed splitting and chopping up, placing into storage drums to keep dry,then brought by wheel barrow into the laundry and stored in a large wood box, as well as  lots of kindling to cut, for chips to start the fires .   However we were always well fed, warm, and loved    So despite a well paid job all my life, I am used to  living a simple and non material life .  

Any way, maybe i have a bit more of an idea of how hard a life can be than many modern people :)  My brother and i fished, (line, spears and nets) shot, and trapped,  from before we were teens, to help supply the family with food, which included rabbits, pigeons, and all sorts of fish from the luxury of cray fish, oysters, scallops, and many delicious  fishes  etc., to tiny fish mum would pickle in sugar, spices and  vinegar, bones and all . 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

At uni,. studies of things like philosophy, psychology, human cognition,politics, history, and demographics, helped me appreciate the diversity of humanity

Walker... do you like the idea of technological progress up to the point of people becoming cyborgs?

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 2

COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS..

A fundamental relationship exists between the Whole of Life Consciousness throughout the Universe, and the Individual.. Few are Consciously aware of it..  Everyone Must of his/her Freewill, desire, to achieve attunement with a Higher Power.. It is Tragic that Countless human beings have become so Involved on the Lower Levels of their Being, with Physical Aspects alone, that they are Completely Insensitive to this Higher Power..It is On the Cosmic Consciousness Level that All Life experiences are Viewed by What Constitutes Your Entity, and there is, Magically built into it, The Essence of What You have Become in this Life....

Mo..xx

• Like 3

COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS..

Many centuries ago, it was written " As a Man thinketh in his Heart...So Is He".. The Word Heart used in this context in the Christianized Scripture's does not refer to the Physical Heart.. It literally means The Inner Mind, or as We would Now say, the Subconscious. What is Actually meant by this is, that which determines Human responsibility, Character, and Conduct,  is not what is Consciously Thought or Verbalised, but What is perceived by the Subconscious.. The tragedy is that quite often, Response Patterns are established in the Subconscious, of which One is unaware and these behaviour patterns Make or Break a person..

All successful People Consciously affirm that they Do Not Want to Fail, yet they persist in doing things Conducive to their Failure.. Likewise, people who are always apprehensive or afraid, affirm that they do not Want to live, under a Cloud of Anxiety, yet they continue to Do so..  All kinds of reasons are given- ....phobia, obsession, compulsion, and so on, but these are the Effects, not the Causes..The True Answer, is that these Individuals are Subconsciously Convinced that Such behavior responses are Necessary to Their Life...

Mo..xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 3

On 21/01/2018 at 9:37 PM, Mr. Argon said:

Walker... do you like the idea of technological progress up to the point of people becoming cyborgs?

Well I would like to be a cyborg if the alternative was being dead  This is assuming a cyborg is  like an android, but maybe with some human parts. I don't mind if my mind is stored in an organic host or an artificial one, as  long as first, it continues to function and second, its host is capable of acting in a way which provides ongoing stimulation and challenge 

I cant speak for others, but the way current science is going, humans will become integrated with technology, especially computer technology, but also nano technology  within a decade or so and go further as time progresses  There are already war vets and others operating enhanced cyborg exoskeletons which enable them to walk, and  to use artificial hands etc.,  just by thinking. 

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/05/18/exoskeleton-veteran/

https://www.menshealth.com/health/injured-veterans-walk-again

https://futurism.com/paralyzed-veterans-walk-thanks-robot-legs/

These articles are all a couple of years old now and progress continues to be made.

There has also been long term progress on exoskeletons for serving US military

http://exoskeletonreport.com/2016/07/military-exoskeletons/

Personally, i think the more exciting and important advances will come in genetic manipulation of humans and in the use of nano technologies within the human body  but certainly machine/ human interfaces, and cyborg like enhancements are on their way  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1