Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Man spends 60 years collecting model buses

11 posts in this topic

Still Waters

A toy-mad father has spent over £140,000 travelling the world to amass the world's largest collection - of model buses.

Proud Geoff Price, 67, first started his hoard 60 years ago and now has over 14,000 models filling his house, garage and garden shed.

The dedicated father-of-two has scoured the globe to fine some of the rarest and oldest buses and his collection is now thought to be worth around £700,000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5279885/Man-67-spends-60-years-collecting-14-000-toy-buses.html

• Like 6

Piney

I had a collection of vintage and antique toys. They are cool to collect. :tu:

• Like 6

Astra.

It can be fun to collect things. I went through a phase of collecting ornamental dolphins at one time for about 3 years. Thing is, once the word is out with family and friends that you like to collect a 'certain' type of thing, well it's likely that you will be inundated with said object given as gifts as what I had experienced. I ended up getting cuddly dolphin toys, an endless supply of dolphin ornaments, dolphin place mats, dolphin pictured coffee mugs, a quilt with a dolphin on it, dolphin wind chimes etc....etc....etc.

Anyway, what broke the camels dolphins back for me was when I received a plastic toilet brush / holder with a dolphin on it. In a nut shell, I got over it. :tu:..

• Like 7

Michelle
23 minutes ago, Astra. said:

It can be fun to collect things. I went through a phase of collecting ornamental dolphins at one time for about 3 years. Thing is, once the word is out with family and friends that you like to collect a 'certain' type of thing, well it's likely that you will be inundated with said object given as gifts as what I had experienced. I ended up getting cuddly dolphin toys, an endless supply of dolphin ornaments, dolphin place mats, dolphin pictured coffee mugs, a quilt with a dolphin on it, dolphin wind chimes etc....etc....etc.

Anyway, what broke the camels dolphins back for me was when I received a plastic toilet brush / holder with a dolphin on it. In a nut shell, I got over it. :tu:..

No kidding! Been there done that. If one is good a million is better. If I ever decide to collect anything else it's going to be something valuable like old coins or diamonds. :lol:

• Like 6

Astra.
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

No kidding! Been there done that. If one is good a million is better. If I ever decide to collect anything else it's going to be something valuable like old coins or diamonds. :lol:

Oooh, I especially like the diamond idea Michelle. And so did Marilyn :lol:...

• Like 3

XenoFish

I will never understand the need that some people have for collecting things.

• Like 1

Astra.
13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I will never understand the need that some people have for collecting things.

Yes, but didn't you ever collect things like bugs or whatnot when you were a kid Xeno ?....even as a girl I had a bug catcher. I use to make little homes for snails in shoe boxes. Sometimes I'd paint a little dot on their shells and even race them. I remember even having names for them. 

Just to add, I liked finding lady bugs as well. In fact they were my favourite. 

Edited by Astra.

XenoFish
34 minutes ago, Astra. said:

didn't you ever collect things like bugs or whatnot when you were a kid Xeno ?

No.

Astra.
23 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No.

Really ?...what about collecting reading material etc when you were into the paranormal and stuff, before you became a skeptic. 

XenoFish
9 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Really ?...what about collecting reading material etc when you were into the paranormal and stuff, before you became a skeptic. 

Having a few books isn't a collection. I dislike clutter and useless things. So I don't collect anything. 

Astra.
8 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Having a few books isn't a collection. I dislike clutter and useless things. So I don't collect anything. 

Ok, fair enough.