Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Highly-Anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards

acidhead

Hmm.. I think some of these fake news awards might be fake ?

1) .. and by doing so damaged his credibility. But that was an opinion piece, not a news story ?

2)... and Brian Ross was castigated publically, and suspended from work for a month.

4) A Time reporter did indeed report this... and immediately retracted it and apologised, including an apology directly to the President  The Time journalist was himself taken in by a false report.

5) The washington post did NOT show pictures of an empty stadium at Penescola. A WaPo reporter put this on his PERSONAL twitter page. It was wrong, but it was NOT a WaPo report, and the journalist in question apologised profusely. 

6) As I recall, CNN merely showed a clip of the president feeding fish, as part of a very brief news roundup segment. It was NOT "falsly edited", merely edited to show the President's bit, rather than the Prime Minister of Japan's bit.  It was OTHER people who made the 'over-feeding' comment, and NOT CNN, unless anyone knows otherwise ? 

Sorry, but if this is the best that the judges can do, then it would appear there is a shortage of 'fake news'.... or are all accidents; errors, and editorial opinion pieces to be regarded as "fake news" in the future ?

I notice that the 'awards' article has now been removed from the GOP website ? (unless the link is mistyped in the opening post ? )

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bee said:

Trump's got dementia accusations are a couple of
examples 

Did you see any if the ridiculous reporter questions from the news conference with Trumps doctor? It was embarrassing to say the least.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, toast said:

It doesnt matter if the facts are provided/published by the Wapo or the Pope or the Watchtower newspaper. I said facts, do you know what facts are? 

They have alternative ones, remember? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, acidhead said:

Trump is a billionaire... Now he's POTUS...

Good grief acidhead. You're very impressed by him aren't you. I bet you even have a portrait of him hanging on your bedroom wall that you salute every night. 

5 hours ago, acidhead said:

What does he care except setting the record straight.. I would too.. it shows character.. integrity.

Donald Trump = character and integrity ? LMAO....

And how exactly is he setting the record straight ?....all I see is a boasting ignoramus who enjoys insulting people, insults other nations, lies through his teeth, often contradicts himself, blames others for his mishaps, is incapable of apologising, tweets a lot of amusing stuff,  and loves to scream 'fake news' (which btw is becoming very monotonous)

Of course the media can sometimes get their stories wrong, but he just doesn't like it when they see through his BS and actually report the truth. Sooner or later more and more people will start to wake up to his fake persona and nonsense. I once tried to give him the benefit of the doubt a while back, but unfortunately it didn't last very long.

He uses every darn tactic that he can to divert from his own faults and inflated ego. IMO he is a very toxic and manipulative individual, who is far more suited to reality TV, rather than politics. Sorry, he just ain't presidential material. 

• Like 8

8 hours ago, acidhead said:

Trump is a billionaire... Now he's POTUS... What does he care except setting the record straight.. I would too.. it shows character.. integrity.

Pretty sure he doesn't care about setting records straight or his character or integrity.  Now if you said ratings and popularity, I would whole heartily agree.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Now if you said ratings and popularity, I would whole heartily agree.

I'm not so sure about that. I currently heard that having faith in the Trump era of leadership was dropping quite rapidly. Or maybe that's just more fake news :rolleyes:...

• Like 2

Just now, Astra. said:

Donald Trump = character and integrity ? LMAO....

Donald Trump = right man for the job,  and he proves that everyday. that is all i care about.  

i want him to say things that majority think about, especially if he p***es liberals off,  i want him to address real issues, even if he is rude,  i want him to call things what they are and ignore PC.  i want him to call out lying press,  he is doing what presidents before had no balls , or were too much controlled by interests to do.  and i'm not alone, expect trump to be here for a while

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

I'm not so sure about that. I currently heard that having faith in the Trump era of leadership was dropping quite rapidly. Or maybe that's just more fake news :rolleyes:...

In my opinion, he will not warm his chair in 2019 anymore.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, acidhead said:

Typical.. the so-called MSM is attacking and you defend it... It's. Been going on for yrs.. they attacked Ron Paul

But Trump.. and probably you.. will rush to defend Fox News and Breitbart at the first occasion.. typical conservative media.

Yet how many times have they maligned and misrepresented the last president's views?

We haven't seen any threats of revoking their licenses, though.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

But Trump.. and probably you.. will rush to defend Fox News and Breitbart at the first occasion.. typical conservative media.

Yet how many times have they maligned and misrepresented the last president's views?

Misrepresenting views is one thing (every media outlet carries a bias,) but outright fabricating stories just to fill the front page is another matter entirely. Maybe it's just because we weren't paying as close attention during Obama's reign but I don't recall the level of deception and click-bait headlines that we've seen since December 2016. Did Breitbart or Fox ever write a full page on Obama's ice cream choices or the first ladies' attire at a natural disaster?

Whatever our views on "fake news", it's undeniable that journalism has become a joke over petty spit-balling between the President and the media. Instead of reporting on issues that actually matter, they've wasted months and months of reporting on superfluous nonsense just because the owners/managers/whoever doesn't like Donald Trump. 

The only similarity between Conservative and Liberal news is how both sides run their content through their respective political filters and both sides are shouting in an echo chamber.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bee said:

Awards pick out the best - or in this case the worst :wacko:  (as chosen by the President)-

like say for '''Best 'Anything' Award''' larger numbers have to be whittled down to a few selected choices...
they can't all win -

The Inauguration numbers fiasco and the Trump's got dementia accusations are a couple of
examples (IMO) of possible inclusions that didn't make the final awards list -- but they are still
examples of Fake News -

That makes it worse . If this is the best, it's a waisted opportunity. As you pointed out. It was supposed to be an admonishment uncovering bad press. There is nothing there that most intelligent people really cared about. I don't care about what he fed the fish, but if he can't dispute the claims on his mental health or the number of people at his innaugaration, well?

• Like 2

Last night, I revealed the 10 most biased, dishonest, and corrupt Fake News stories of 2017. But now it’s time for YOU — the American people — to crown the 2017 KING of FAKE NEWS. Vote now! -Donald J. Trump

https://action.donaldjtrump.com/2017-king-of-fake-news/?utm_source=facebook_gop_leadgencard&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=20180117__fake-news-awards_djt_tmagac&utm_content=gop_surveys

• Like 1

The site also listed these accomplishments:

1. The economy has created nearly 2 million jobs and gained over $8 trillion in wealth since the President’s inauguration.

2. African Americans and Hispanics are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in recorded history.

3. The President signed historic tax cuts and relief for hardworking Americans not seen since President Reagan.

4. President Trump’s plan to cut regulations has exceeded “2 out for every 1 in” mandate, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every one new regulatory action.

5. The President has unleashed an American energy boom by ending Obama-era regulations, approving the Keystone pipeline, auctioning off millions of new acres for energy exploration, and opening up ANWR.

6. ISIS is in retreat, having been crushed in Iraq and Syria.

7. President Trump followed through on his promise to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and instructed the State Department to begin to relocate the Embassy.

8. With President Trump’s encouragement, more member nations are paying their fair share for the common defense in the NATO alliance.

9. Signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the VA to fire failing employees and establishes safeguards to protect whistleblowers.

10. President Trump kept his promise and appointed Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.

And I notice that acid heads link doesn't work anymore here is an updated one

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Misrepresenting views is one thing (every media outlet carries a bias,) but outright fabricating stories just to fill the front page is another matter entirely. Maybe it's just because we weren't paying as close attention during Obama's reign but I don't recall the level of deception and click-bait headlines that we've seen since December 2016. Did Breitbart or Fox ever write a full page on Obama's ice cream choices or the first ladies' attire at a natural disaster?

Michelle...

http://people.com/politics/michelle-obama-birthday-gift-barack-obama/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/barack-obama-birthday-message-michelle-obama_us_5a6054c7e4b0ccf9f1216fc7

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/michelle-obama-birthday-barack-thank-you-flowers-white-house-president-first-lady-a8166066.html

Now Melania...

http://www.newsweek.com/melania-trumps-martin-luther-king-day-message-did-not-go-down-well-781987

http://www.newsweek.com/president-donald-trump-stormy-daniels-affair-melania-trump-783790

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/nation/2018/01/16/first-lady-melania-trump-fashion-european-roots/109521042/

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Kismit said:

It's an underwhelming list. 

I mean I read it and thought, that's it? For the dozens (and dozens)of times Donald Trump has called the media fake, the list is tiny. 

Small List but so true with Brian Ross and Paul Krugman.

7 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.. I think some of these fake news awards might be fake ?

1) .. and by doing so damaged his credibility. But that was an opinion piece, not a news story ?

2)... and Brian Ross was castigated publically, and suspended from work for a month.

4) A Time reporter did indeed report this... and immediately retracted it and apologised, including an apology directly to the President  The Time journalist was himself taken in by a false report.

5) The washington post did NOT show pictures of an empty stadium at Penescola. A WaPo reporter put this on his PERSONAL twitter page. It was wrong, but it was NOT a WaPo report, and the journalist in question apologised profusely. 

6) As I recall, CNN merely showed a clip of the president feeding fish, as part of a very brief news roundup segment. It was NOT "falsly edited", merely edited to show the President's bit, rather than the Prime Minister of Japan's bit.  It was OTHER people who made the 'over-feeding' comment, and NOT CNN, unless anyone knows otherwise ? 

Sorry, but if this is the best that the judges can do, then it would appear there is a shortage of 'fake news'.... or are all accidents; errors, and editorial opinion pieces to be regarded as "fake news" in the future ?

I notice that the 'awards' article has now been removed from the GOP website ? (unless the link is mistyped in the opening post ? )

Brian Ross was suspended for a month without pay.

I'm kind of with Roofgardener on this one.  Opinion pieces and tweets are now news?  Stories that have posted retractions/corrections? 

Trump needs to fire the guy that did this, he took the lazy way out and just listed whatever.  I'm sure with a bit of research he could have found 10 articles that were false and not corrected.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I'm kind of with Roofgardener on this one.  Opinion pieces and tweets are now news?  Stories that have posted retractions/corrections? 

Trump needs to fire the guy that did this, he took the lazy way out and just listed whatever.  I'm sure with a bit of research he could have found 10 articles that were false and not corrected.

Two of them weren't even "news". They were Tweets that weren't even published, but corrected nevertheless.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, toast said:

It doesnt matter if the facts are provided/published by the Wapo or the Pope or the Watchtower newspaper. I said facts, do you know what facts are? Furthermore, all publications about #45`s stunts are not driven by hating/detracting, thats a trumpists and Goebbels style (try for) argumentation against s.th.

Back before this circus was in full swing I would have taken this on point by point, at least for the first few. 

I now figure it’s just better to laugh. “Facts” LoL that’s a good one. More like truths left wingers can’t stand. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

Small List but so true with Brian Ross and Paul Krugman.

Why didn't he add this to the list?

Link

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Astra. said:

He uses every darn tactic that he can to divert from his own faults and inflated ego. IMO he is a very toxic and manipulative individual, who is far more suited to reality TV, rather than politics. Sorry, he just ain't presidential material. 

2009 - 2017 summed up quite nicely, thanks!

Edited by Almighty Evan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Why didn't he add this to the list?

Link

It's Fake News List.

Paul Krugman has lost credibility.

Brian Ross is hiding under his desk!

5 hours ago, Astra. said:

That has always been the fake news. Do you live under a rock? First he had zero chance to win the primary. Then he had no chance to win the election. Now no one supports him anymore. It sad watching this mess, and even worse when others believe it. 

How many times do you have to be lied to  before you start to question what you hear? Especially by the same people who have been lying to you this entire time. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Stephen Colbert was shutout! :(

Maybe next year. He'll have to lie harder.

• Like 1