Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Highly-Anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards

acidhead

I am going to check out your link Aquila but I will probably wait till tomorrow when I can get on my computer. Phone is just too much hassle imo...

• Like 1

CNN.. the Communist News Network

Kim Jong Un's sister is stealing the show at the Winter Olympics

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/02/10/asia/kim-sister-olympics/index.html

(CNN)If "diplomatic dance" were an event at the Winter Olympics, Kim Jong Un's younger sister would be favored to win gold.

With a smile, a handshake and a warm message in South Korea's presidential guest book, Kim Yo Jong has struck a chord with the public just one day into the PyeongChang Games.

Continued...

"A Kardashian without a sextape" - SM

• Like 2

Wow.  It's 'good' to see that:

- the original post was so thoroughly checked and verified

- handwaving and ad hominems, rather than actually addressing each 'fact', are the preferred debating tactics

{sarcasm} .. where's the 'sighs wearily' icon....

I'm sure everyone's position has been reinforced by their views about what's fake and what isn't.  Now that it's all sorted.... let's move on!

From the commy Washington gone postal:

The ‘Ivanka Trump of North Korea’ captivates people in the South at the Olympics

By Anna Fifield

February 10, 2018 at 6:57 PM

GANGNEUNG, South Korea — They marveled at her barely-there makeup and her lack of bling. They commented on her plain black outfits and simple purse. They noted the flower-shaped clip that kept her hair back in a no-nonsense style. 

Here she was, a political princess, but the North Korean “first sister” had none of the hallmarks of power and wealth that Koreans south of the divide have come to expect. In looks-obsessed South Korea, many 20-something women list plastic surgery and brand-name bags as life goals.

Continued...

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/the-ivanka-trump-of-north-korea-captivates-people-in-the-south/2018/02/10/d56119fc-0e65-11e8-baf5-e629fc1cd21e_story.html

• Like 2

There's many more so-called western news media who have ran similar articles as CNN and the Washington Post drooling over a dictators sister, comparing her to Ivanka, it's appalling.  

This monsterous regime is nothing like America.

The Korea's are polar opposites when compared... And they are the same people.

Capitalism vs Communism.

And she is somehow according to our western media, a princess???

Give me a freaking break.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

There's many more so-called western news media who have ran similar articles as CNN and the Washington Post drooling over a dictators sister, comparing her to Ivanka, it's appalling.  

Capitalism vs Communism.

Eh, NHK news and the like are posting similar stories.  So she made an impression.  No reason to be upset about it.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Maybe it will keep her from being assassinated when she falls out of little Kim's favor.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, NHK news and the like are posting similar stories.  So she made an impression.  No reason to be upset about it.  

The fact western media pumped her up let's everybody know in NK she's loved by the west

See how it works??

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

She is also her brothers minder, and his closest confident.

"Don't trust what you see, even salt looks like sugar" ... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, acidhead said:

The fact western media pumped her up let's everybody know in NK she's loved by the west

See how it works??

So you want the news to be government controlled propaganda instead of reporting what they see?  Isn't that the very definition of fake news? 

Anyone with half a brain knows where she comes from and what she stands for.  If she goes to the Olympics and behaves in a tasteful and classy fashion, it should be reported as such.  If it was reported otherwise, people would question other media coverage of North Korea. (Like how truly horrible they are.)

What are you afraid of anyways?  That positive or negative media coverage would influence opinion or an election? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gummug said:

I am going to check out your link Aquila but I will probably wait till tomorrow when I can get on my computer. Phone is just too much hassle imo...

Not to derail, but as a random side note: I love your avatar btw. Bit of a FF7 fan myself. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Not to derail, but as a random side note: I love your avatar btw. Bit of a FF7 fan myself. ;)

I played a lot of them but now I am having my hands full with Diggy's Adventure and Hero Wars.

Okay this is going to take a lot of time but one of the first things in your link, iirc, was the Politifact said that Greg Gutfeld's statement that Ted Kennedy met with the KGB to try and steal the election away from Reagan was false. I did a quick google search and came up with this as a possible (?) rebuttal:

http://dailysignal.com/2016/12/14/ted-kennedy-made-secret-overtures-to-russia-to-prevent-ronald-reagans-re-election/

"Sen. Edward “Ted” Kennedy had “selfish political and ideological motives” when he made secret overtures to the Soviet Union’s spy agency during the Cold War to thwart then-President Ronald Reagan’s re-election, a Reagan biographer said in an interview with The Daily Signal."

I'm going to try and research some of the others but this is going to take time....

Edited by Gummug
edit to update info :p

It looks like Politifacts is right on the 2nd, that Seth Rich's murder had nothing to do with Wikileaks of the DNC emails....bad on Fox, I admit...going to check some of the others now....okay another one claimed false: Podesta's password was "password" (not even acceptable on some sites). Some sources say it was p@ssw0rd...  meh....imo many of his (Watters')  comments are not meant to be taken seriously anyway...

Nothing to show for the ARRA (American Recovery and Reinvesment Act). I'm tempted to give this one to Fox because, athough it did extend unemployment benefits, among other things (which is a debatable boon considering many times extending unemployment just extends the time recipients decide to seriously look for work), there is this:

https://nypost.com/2012/01/29/how-the-800b-stimulus-failed/

"In reporting on the stimulus over three years, I traveled to 15 states, interviewed hundreds of people and read through tens of thousands of government documents and project reports.

What I found is that the stimulus failed to live up to its promise not because it was too small (as those on the left argue) or because Keynesian economics is obsolete (as those on the right argue), but because it was poorly designed. Even advocates for a bigger stimulus need to acknowledge that their argument is really one about design and presentation."

Okay taking a break for now will get back on this....

Edited by Gummug
edit for clarification

18 hours ago, acidhead said:

Capitalism vs Communism.

"Mao and Stalin looked dapper in the stands." This shows why the Democratic propaganda news outlets are more concerned with the Russians than with the Chinese. This shows why they are more troubled by 2018 Russia than by the 1980 USSR. It's disgusting, but it's not surprising.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Wow.  It's 'good' to see that:

- the original post was so thoroughly checked and verified

- handwaving and ad hominems, rather than actually addressing each 'fact', are the preferred debating tactics

{sarcasm} .. where's the 'sighs wearily' icon....

I'm sure everyone's position has been reinforced by their views about what's fake and what isn't.  Now that it's all sorted.... let's move on!

ChrLzs, I haven't seen you chime in for a while in a poltical thread. Gooo! man :lol:

Hey try and keep cool in this big heatwave we're having also :st

• Like 2

Btw Aquila I meant to say thanks for liking my avatar. Sorry, I forgot (didn't mean to be rude :P )

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

This Ian Bremmer guy is a professor at NYU  and a columnist for Time magazine 

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

On 1/18/2018 at 12:30 PM, toast said:

In my opinion, he will not warm his chair in 2019 anymore.

I just ran across this thread.  Too funny...

• 9 months later...

{Cough...}

• corona virus is a hoax.
  • vaccines (for 'hoax' virus) will be ready in 3-4 months.
  • Trump had to undo 'something' that Obama's admin did, that caused the test kits (for the 'hoax' virus..) to be stupidly (and dangerously) slow to be rolled out in the USA. {.... but no-one can put their finger on that 'something'...}

{/cough}

Anyway, all that truthful news comes from the orange idiot...  And if you do have a cough, well, nuthin much you can do, as most places in the US still do NOT have test kits...  Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, acidhead said:

CNN Won the fake news awards

Are you getting it now?

Which is weird, but it’s a trend followed by Australia - we had tens of thousands protesting in Brisbane but not a single case of the ‘Rona from it. 
I’ll take my slice of humble pie for it, I was certain we’d see a upswing from the rallies and the protests.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...