Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Highly-Anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards

acidhead

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

Whoa toast tone down the hubris. Deflate a little before your head floats away. Trump is currently doing all the things you say he isn’t qualified to do and doing most of it quite well.

The Girther Movement, that’s funny. Hunting down potential health problems looks really desperate. Seriously, did we all not witness the guy tour/campaign the nation at a pace that would run almost anyone down? Sometimes multiple stops in multiple states. He never looked tired and still doesn’t. A little medication isn’t a big deal. A guy his age should be expected to be on something.

Imagine their reaction if Hillary was president. If she threw up and fell down, there would be a news blackout on her blackout. Look at how they covered her health problems during the campaign. I'd like to see those hacks when they're Trump's age.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Imagine their reaction if Hillary was president. If she threw up and fell down, there would be a news blackout on her blackout. Look at how they covered her health problems during the campaign. I'd like to see those hacks when they're Trump's age.

Let's talk about health and age.

DT1SOiTV4AAUjxm.jpg.f1f4caebf3b0c8342e325c97bdc34579.jpg

• Like 4

Just now, .ZZ. said:

That picture is worth a thousand words. Of course, who wouldn't age fast married to Bill's husband?

• Like 3

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

That picture is worth a thousand words. Of course, who wouldn't age fast married to Bill's husband?

They are both 71, what would that be in dog years Bill?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

They are both 71, what would that be in dog years Bill?

I must resist the urge to make a tasteless joke. I won't take the bait, ZZ. ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Iirc, they didn’t really cover her issues. I’m pretty sure her health was off limits. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Iirc, they didn’t really cover her issues. I’m pretty sure her health was off limits. 

That's what I mean. Her health is taboo, but they obsess over Trump's exact waist size.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Considering what anti-Trump TV is, not really.  90% of the news about Trump is twisted negatively (and that is statistically impossible unless it’s rigged).  If you didn’t listen to Fox at all, you’d think the Left were Heavenly Saints and Trump – the Devil.  The people are smarter than that and it is beginning to show.  Fox is definitely pro-Trump but they are more pro-American.  Fox will question Trump when it looks like he is veering from his campaign promises.  The MSM is clearly in the back pocket of the Progressives.  That should bother you.  When does a press conference about the President’s health degenerates from being informative to being a circus makes the MSM look like fools and they seem to try to outdo each other every week.  That should bother everybody.  We no longer have a free press.

Fox News is a mouthpiece for the neocon administration.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, toast said:

Yes, I agree, he inspires. But his kind of inspiration is pointed at the lowest instincts possible.

Something as barbaric as love of country?  Love for his fellow Americans?  Pride in his nation?  Love of freedom?  If you don’t have these things, you don’t have a country and in this, a nation’s leader must be its cheerleader.  Obama was too much the “citizen of the world” and ignored his duty.  You say something enough times and people will begin to believe it.  You tell people that they are no good so much that a nation would become its own shithole.  But if you build people up, the sky is the limit.  Trump is building the people up.  The guilt trip is over.

I know that such statements make his supporters weep and he know that very well

You seem to have overlooked the sentence before the quote.  Obama kept hammering on the people that “we didn’t build that”, that "we weren’t special", “we’re not good enough”.  Just taking the inner city plantation mentality and applying it to the entire nation.  We’ve had enough of the apology tour.  Trump makes his detractors weep and he knows that very well and it’s beautiful!

so he is pushing that button on a regular basis.

The reason he hits it is because we need it.  We’ve had 8 years of the negativity button being hit constantly.  I know I’m tired of it.

Of course, the USA and American people did a lot of good things in the past but that doesnt mean that the USA is superior. Many countries and many foreign people did good things in the past,

Americans have done the lion’s share of good things.  That is what has made and makes America the best nation the world has ever seen and yet to see.  We have not reached the end of America’s time in the sun.  America is superior.  Just as you would see Germany superior. 

its called developemant of civilization and its a process without borders.

Civilization is based on borders.  You can’t have either without the other.

This statement of him is a very good example for his very simple mind.

Don’t let your superior intellect get in the way with his ability to connect with the people amiably.  Common communication is not simple minded.

First, he claimed that nobody knows the time of building of the EmpireState. He sounds like a 5yo boy who explain his mates in the kindergarten what daddy explained him yesterday.

I didn’t know and I don’t think most people know.  That doesn’t mean we’re not intelligent enough that we couldn’t find out.  This is just a speech.  Like most Trump haters, they just don’t get his style.

2nd, the time of building of the EmpireState was 16 month and 16 month isnt just one year. He likes exaggeration, so his supporters.

This isn’t rocket science or brain surgery.  4 mouths off is close enough in an inspirational speech.  Doing a quick google, I get 2 completions dates, 1 year-45 days and 13 and a half months.  Another stat states that all 86 floors were erected in 6 months.  So I think you need consider that there are several points of view which bring us back to you making a mountain out of a mole hill, just like the MSM does.

I`m too smart to get on the hook by such a simple rhetorical question but I will give you an answer anyway.

Couldn’t pull anything on you, eh?  You’ve exhibited how smart you are very well.  <insert double face palm>

My ethical standards are superior and thats why I can judge that #45 dont have a level that would qualify him to lead a nation with 320M people and/or to be a kind of role model for the whole planet.

Well, there goes your smarts.  I don’t know where you got your ethical standards from, but I hope you can get your money back.

He even does not have a sufficient standard to manage a car wash center on the long run.

He doesn’t?  How much are you worth?

Just to remember, you applaud and support a person who made jokes on TV on handicaped persons

When he mimicked Serge Kovaleski, I don’t think he recognized him and just noticed the mannerisms.  That was unfortunate but understandable.  I don’t applaud him for that.  That’s no where near as bad as calling ½ of Americans, deplorable.  Or enslaving about 14% of the population in the inner city under Democratic rule for over 6 decades.  That’s down right disrespectful.

and who has threaten a foreign nation with its total destruction, in front of the full UN audience.

That was good.  The status quo was not working.  The world needs leadership, which it lacks.  Trump will bring it back.  Globalization has all but killed ‘Manliness’.  That’s not machismo, Manliness is doing the right thing.  Have you seen the clip where Clinton is trying to sell to the American people that the deal with NK was good for us?  Now 30 years later, we see the same song and dance that the deal with Iran is good for us?  In NK, we are seeing what Iran is going to look like in a dozen years and we all are going to be in a world of hurt if something isn’t done now.  NK and Iran are nothing more than hornets.  Are you going to just leave the nest alone because you are afraid of getting stung?  What are you going to do when the nest gets larger?

Do you think that an uneducated loudmouth with such a stupid and agressive behaviour is to the benefit of your country and to the benefit of the world?

The short answer is – absolutely!  The bottom line is that his personality just cramps your style.  Because Globalization has emasculated real manliness, garners much hatred.  And people are jealous.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Fox News is a mouthpiece for the neocon administration.

Wow!  Just so completely clueless as to one’s surroundings.  Firstly, the neocon age is over and obsolete.  Time to step into current reality.  To make it easier to understand, the entire MSM is the mouthpiece for anti-America.  You are so fixated by the splinter in Trump’s eye that you ignore the log in yours.

• Like 3

Of Logs and Splinters ...

~

A Senior Republican Senator Admonishes Trump: 'America Is an Idea ...

Jan 12, 2018 - WASHINGTON — It was just after President Trump had finished railing in the Oval Office against African immigrants he said came from “shithole countries” when a senior Republican senator, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who was there to negotiate a deal on immigration, spoke up. “America is an ...

~

Trump sentences a father to losing it all. Shame on us for letting him.

2 days ago - Trump rips a father from his family because he can. ... On the day we celebrated Martin Luther King, who fought for people of all colors and means, Trump kicked a family man out of America to prove a point. ... Jorge Garcia came to America as a child.

~

Commentary: Trump's Harmful Stereotyping of Korean Americans ...

fortune.com › Commentary › Racism

3 days ago - The recent story of President Donald Trump reportedly asking a Korean American intelligence officer where her “people” were from is all too familiar to me. As a Korean American woman working at a national organization of Korean American leaders, I feel compelled to point out how problematic and ...

~

I wonder when the 2018 Awards for 'True' News will be announced ....

~

12 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I remember when I was watching the news last year and saw Bill for the first time in a long time, I thought he looked like skeleton compared to the last image I saw of him.

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

I wonder when the 2018 Awards for 'True' News will be announced ....

~

I read the story about the father a couple days ago. Nobody is gleeful about that and it is a sad situation but at some point our immigration laws must be acted on. It has to begin at some point. If we let emotion get in the way we’ll just fold over. 

I know this guy didn’t come here on his own accord but as he grew up he knew what his status was and he knew he should’ve been more proactive in becoming a legal citizen. I did the math based on his age and he has had since 1996, when he turned 18, to figure this out. That’s 22 years. Tearing his family apart is as much his fault as it is anyone else’s. He married this woman and he started a family with her knowing full well that this day may come. That’s not Trump’s fault. It’s his for not doing enough to remedy his situation. All Trump has done is order law enforcement to do what they’re supposed to do.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

I read the story about the father a couple days ago. Nobody is gleeful about that and it is a sad situation but at some point our immigration laws must be acted on. It has to begin at some point. If we let emotion get in the way we’ll just fold over. 

Everybody seems to be painting themselves into the corners with excuses and circular reasoning isn't it ?

~

42 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Everybody seems to be painting themselves into the corners with excuses and circular reasoning isn't it ?

~

What excuse? That if you evade responsibility long enough you get a pass? That’s bs. Dude got caught. He didn’t put himself into this situation but do anything about for 22 years either. 

• Like 2

I feel bad for the guy and his family. I really do but he’s not innocent here. I read that back in 2006 when he and his wife married that he did attempt to get a green card or something along those lines but deportation issues came up and he dodged it until Obama said he was cool to stay. That still doesn’t excuse him. He should’ve bit the bullet and got this done 12 years ago. It could’ve all been worked out by now and he’d have never risked separating his family. What’s right is right and he should’ve done what he knew in his gut was the right way so we didn’t have to do things the hard way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

What excuse? That if you evade responsibility long enough you get a pass? That’s bs. Dude got caught. He didn’t put himself into this situation but do anything about for 22 years either. 

I dunno ... maybe you know more than I do ... what I do know is just this :

~

Jorge Garcia came to America as a child. He has lived in America for three decades, has worked and paid taxes and spent more than $125,000 trying to become a citizen like his wife and children. But America, the land of the free and home of the brave, the country that has welcomed immigrants since its inception, told him that he must go to Mexico — the land of his birth, but not the land of his life.

~

... and ...

~

Jorge Garcia had never even had a traffic ticket. But Donald Trump has convinced Americans — you know, the ones who think they’re perfect, who think their children are perfect and whose idea of perfection doesn’t include diversity — that foreigners are bad for our country. So people like Jorge Garcia become victims.

~

... or ...

~

How was Garcia able to remain in America so long? He had faced numerous court orders of removal since 2009, but President Barack Obama’s administration granted stays. The Obama administration knew the difference between a hardworking landscaper and a rapist or thug, a label Trump draped on most undocumented immigrants.

~

~
Maybe you are right ... just kick everybody who is not a 'real' American out ... because a 'real' American is only the kind of Americans that the Trump Administration says is a real American ...

~

The decision to deport Garcia put him in the same position of thousands of other immigrants from various countries that the Trump administration has taken action to remove from the U.S. Besides ending programs like the ones that allowed Haitians, Salvadorans, and Nicaraguans to remain in the U.S. with temporary protected status, the administration has also pledged to "look to apprehend" anyone in the country illegally. This applied to Garcia, despite the fact that he is married to an American citizen and has no criminal record. This directive, based on a strict reading of the immigration laws, is essentially now what ICE officials have used to justify Garcia's removal.

~

~

So what if Mr Garcia was protected before Trump ... was not his fault ... I mean Trump's

So long suckers ... bye bye ...

~

Edited by third_eye
missing link

9 hours ago, third_eye said:

A Senior Republican Senator Admonishes Trump: 'America Is an Idea ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/12/us/politics/trump-immigration-congress.html

Jan 12, 2018 - WASHINGTON — It was just after President Trump had finished railing in the Oval Office against African immigrants he said came from “shithole countries” when a senior Republican senator, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, who was there to negotiate a deal on immigration, spoke up. “America is an ...

Is this the same Senator Graham?

Of course America is about an idea, not race.  That’s why Trump's comments were about the location, not the individual.  You have uncontrolled migration from shitholes with bad ideas (bad sensibilities), they bring those ideas here.  Those individuals are carriers of bad ideas, their race has nothing to do with it.  And if there is no incentive to assimilate, those bad ideas take root here.  And when you try to absorb too many at once, there is no incentive.  And giving them all sorts of government welfare is the wrong incentive.  We don't take in people with Ebola, why should we do the same with bad ideas?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Of course America is about an idea, not race.  That’s why Trump's comments were about the location, not the individual.  You have uncontrolled migration from shitholes with bad ideas (bad sensibilities), they bring those ideas here.  Those individuals are carriers of bad ideas, their race has nothing to do with it.  And if there is no incentive to assimilate, those bad ideas take root here.  And when you try to absorb too many at once, there is no incentive.  And giving them all sorts of government welfare is the wrong incentive.  We don't take in people with Ebola, why should we do the same with bad ideas?

Context my befuddled ideological Trump acolyte ...

~

The Most Brutal Execution Methods Used by Mexican Cartels - Ranker

The Mexican Drug War - a sustained, violent conflict between powerful drug cartels and the Mexican government - has claimed an estimated 164,000 lives over the past decade. This rampant bloodshed has torn apart cities and communities across Mexico, often taking the lives of the innocent along with those directly ...
~

Photos show death and destruction from 10 years of Mexican Drug ...

www.mysanantonio.com/...mexico/.../Photos-show-destruction-from-10-years-of-Me...

Jul 21, 2017 - In 2016, Mexico will enter the tenth year of its drug war, a seemingly ceaseless conflict between the federal government and drug lords that wage violence and saturate the international community with illegal narcotics.. Photos available via the Associated Press and Getty Images show the violent toll ...

~

Mexican Drug War - Wikipedia

The methods that Calderón adopted involved confronting the cartels directly. These aggressive methods have resulted in public killings and torture from both the cartels and the country's own government forces, which aids in perpetuating the fear and apprehension that the citizens of Mexico have regarding the war on drugs ...
~

Mexico's bloody drug war is killing more people than ever - LA Times

www.latimes.com/world/mexico.../la-fg-mexico-murders-20170721-story.html

Jul 22, 2017 - Rising demand for heroin in the United States and a bloody power struggle inside one of Mexico's most powerful drug cartels have put the country on track to record more killings in 2017 than in any year since the government began releasing crime data in 1997. The 12,155 homicide cases opened from ...

... I guess the subtleties here will inevitably escape you ... but don't you fear ... The Trumpotus will make you feel safe and great ...

~

20 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Lets talk about fake and reality.

Fake:7KolzVJ.jpg

Reality:

9FMw7zr.jpg

And yeah, tanning lotion.

Edited by toast

24 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I dunno ... maybe you know more than I do ... what I do know is just this :

Which isn't much.

Jorge Garcia came to America as a child. He has lived in America for three decades, has worked and paid taxes and spent more than $125,000 trying to become a citizen like his wife and children. But America, the land of the free and home of the brave, the country that has welcomed immigrants since its inception, told him that he must go to Mexico — the land of his birth, but not the land of his life.

Illegals are not immigrants.  Repeat that multiple times until it sinks in.  It doesn't matter what he's done here, until the laws are changed, he must go!

Jorge Garcia had never even had a traffic ticket. But Donald Trump has convinced Americans — you know, the ones who think they’re perfect, who think their children are perfect and whose idea of perfection doesn’t include diversity — that foreigners are bad for our country. So people like Jorge Garcia become victims

A criminal choosing not to commit another crime does not absolve him of the original crime.  When he was brought here, that was a misdemeanor.  But when he found out that he was an illegal and then did nothing (or something half measure) to remedy that, he became a felon.  Granted part of that was enabled by the previous President, but one wrong does not excuse the other.

No, American’s are not perfect but we are a nation of laws.  You can’t have diversity without law.  We need immigration law to protect our diversity.  Immigrants are good for this country.  Illegals are bad and we end up being the victims of the Garcias out there.

Maybe you are right ... just kick everybody who is not a 'real' American out ... because a 'real' American is only the kind of Americans that the Trump Administration says is a real American

If you are an illegal, you can’t be a real American - PERIOD.  I’m a quarter Hispanic.  I’ve grown up and live in the Southwest.  I am very much immersed in Hispanic culture.   I have nothing in common with Mexicans here illegally.  They are not part of my community.  I would love to accept those like Garcia as brothers and sisters but until the laws are changed, they are only felons to me.  And a threat to my family and way of life.  Garcia’s fate is truly tragic but ultimately he is the only one responsible.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Context my befuddled ideological Trump acolyte ...

Yeah, I see what you are doing.  Anyone else says something, it needs to be taken in context but if Trump says anything then context be damned!

... I guess the subtleties here will inevitably escape you ... but don't you fear ... The Trumpotus will make you feel safe and great ...

Your subtleties are hardly worth mentioning.  If you are trying to say that America is at least partially responsible for the violence in Mexico, you’d be right.  But that has nothing to do with being able to close our borders.  Ultimately, it is the Mexican government that needs to crack down on the crime.  They should be the ones building the wall.  They don’t because they are involved with the cartels.  They are corrupt too.  We are under no obligation to take in a population that is rife with disease, poverty, and crime.  We don’t want that here.  I doubt that their own government wants them either.  Their government needs to take care of them, though.  Maybe bring in the UN?  But that will interfere with profits.  The best thing we can do is eliminate the market on this side by building the wall and smartly manning it.  The Great Wall of China funneled hordes into choke points where they could be managed.  Our border wall can do the same and as long as it is manned, it will be very effective.  Then once the drug market is broken, the Mexican government can go back to taking care of its people.

• Like 2

I was just reading up a bit about where third eye gets his moral superiority on the subject of illegal immigration and it sure can’t be his Homeland of Malaysia. Not only does Malaysia feature similar migration issues they don't always just deport their illegals. They cane them. And since they’re not local Muslims they aren’t treated to the caning Muslims get which is meant to mostly humiliate. No, they get their asses whipped real hard. Trump and America are saints compared to your medieval laws.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Illegals are not immigrants.  Repeat that multiple times until it sinks in.  It doesn't matter what he's done here, until the laws are changed, he must go!

Before the laws were changed .. he did not need to go ... but then ... there you go ...

A criminal choosing not to commit another crime does not absolve him of the original crime.  When he was brought here, that was a misdemeanor.  But when he found out that he was an illegal and then did nothing (or something half measure) to remedy that, he became a felon.  Granted part of that was enabled by the previous President, but one wrong does not excuse the other.

Did nothing ?

Either you are lying that you don't know the full and width of it or you are lying that you are unaware  ... LINK

I didn't excuse anything either, you didn't read too well when you are on a Party delineated warpath ;)

~

No, American’s are not perfect but we are a nation of laws.  You can’t have diversity without law.  We need immigration law to protect our diversity.  Immigrants are good for this country.  Illegals are bad and we end up being the victims of the Garcias out there.

No surprises seeing such self aggrandizing nonsense coming from you, America or no, Garcias or not, diversity isn't what you are prodding at here, you may try to fool everybody else with your teleprompter speechifying but you know as well as anyone here your America means only those that votes GOP and nobody else. Victims now eh ? :lol:

Oh poor wee lamb ...

~

If you are an illegal, you can’t be a real American - PERIOD.  I’m a quarter Hispanic.  I’ve grown up and live in the Southwest.  I am very much immersed in Hispanic culture.   I have nothing in common with Mexicans here illegally.  They are not part of my community.  I would love to accept those like Garcia as brothers and sisters but until the laws are changed, they are only felons to me.  And a threat to my family and way of life.  Garcia’s fate is truly tragic but ultimately he is the only one responsible.

Only one ... sure hombre ... you keep telling yourself that ...

~

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Yeah, I see what you are doing.  Anyone else says something, it needs to be taken in context but if Trump says anything then context be damned!

Not I ... but then again ... its never you either ... so tough cookie ...

~

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Your subtleties are hardly worth mentioning.  If you are trying to say that America is at least partially responsible for the violence in Mexico, you’d be right.  But that has nothing to do with being able to close our borders.  Ultimately, it is the Mexican government that needs to crack down on the crime.  They should be the ones building the wall.  They don’t because they are involved with the cartels.  They are corrupt too.  We are under no obligation to take in a population that is rife with disease, poverty, and crime.  We don’t want that here.  I doubt that their own government wants them either.  Their government needs to take care of them, though.  Maybe bring in the UN?  But that will interfere with profits.  The best thing we can do is eliminate the market on this side by building the wall and smartly manning it.  The Great Wall of China funneled hordes into choke points where they could be managed.  Our border wall can do the same and as long as it is manned, it will be very effective.  Then once the drug market is broken, the Mexican government can go back to taking care of its people.

Sure ... drink plenty of firewater and pretend to walk like the gringo ... you go right ahead and carry on ...

~

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

I was just reading up a bit about where third eye gets his moral superiority on the subject of illegal immigration and it sure can’t be his Homeland of Malaysia. Not only does Malaysia feature similar migration issues they don't always just deport their illegals. They cane them. And since they’re not local Muslims they aren’t treated to the caning Muslims get which is meant to mostly humiliate. No, they get their asses whipped real hard. Trump and America are saints compared to your medieval laws.

You've been reading the kind of nonsense you were looking to read ... :lol:

~