Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Living in the world’s coldest village

Still Waters

Amazing scenes as Russia’s iciest region of Yakutia plunges to near record lows, and even the thermometer in the world’s coldest village breaks down.

Never mind how cold it gets, life goes on as normal at the outdoor fish market in Yakutsk, but even locals in this vast territory were surprised when Chinese tourists decided to take a dip in temperatures believed to be below -60C.

In recent days the temperature almost as low as it gets in Siberia, with Oymyakon - the coldest village in the world - recording an official low of -59C.

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/as-temperatures-sink-to-60c-in-yakutia-heroic-chinese-tourists-take-a-swim/

• Like 3

Hmmm I remember When I worked outside a whole day once in -15C and I thought it was the worst day ever at work..
I had no knickers and couldnt work with gloves.
The people from Yakutsk would probably laugh at me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Hmmm I remember When I worked outside a whole day once in -15C and I thought it was the worst day ever at work..
I had no knickers and couldnt work with gloves.
The people from Yakutsk would probably laugh at me.

-2 is the lowest temp I ever worked. I've been having trouble with the teens and have to take off my gloves for all sorts of reasons. They can have their -60s.

• Like 2