Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
WildHeart924

What Do You Fear?

8 posts in this topic

WildHeart924

What are some of your fears peeps? A few of mine are heights, death, flying etc... One of my biggest fears are ventriloquist dummy's. This started when I was a kid. I was looking through a catalog around Christmas. I told my mom to tell Santa I wanted a Danny O' Day  ventriloquist dummy. When I first got him he was my best friend. One day I sat him on a sofa and walked away. When I turned around i swore his eyes were following me everywhere I went. After that I put black tape on his eyes and would shove his head in the sofa at night so I couldn't see him ( LOL ) After that I totally stopped playing with him. My mom noticed & asked me if I was scared of him and I told her yes so she got rid of him. I swore he was going to come back & get me. This is the reason they freak me out till this day. I know I'm an adult but that's my fear. Ok peeps your turn.

• Like 2

XenoFish

I'm afraid of snakes. 

• Like 3

seaturtlehorsesnake
27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm afraid of snakes. 

*decides to wait a bit before commenting*

• Like 2

Piney

Two immature jackasses with bad hair and daddy issues chucking nukes at each other and Hawaii and Kyoto getting the short end. :mellow:

• Like 3

XenoFish
16 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

*decides to wait a bit before commenting*

Why? We all have fears. 

• Like 1

seaturtlehorsesnake
21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Why? We all have fears. 

i was making a joke but it wasn't a very good one. sorry.

more seriously, if we're talking about straight up phobias, i'm agoraphobic. it's improved a lot, but i still have to fight sometimes to get myself through situations where i'm outside of my home and start feeling panicky.

more general fears, i'm afraid of losing my mind the most, i think. blame a history of mental illness for that. also in less harmful fears: heights! a fear i did not know i had until i tried climbing a very tall, rickety ladder up to a building's roof last year.

XenoFish

I actually wonder if people are afraid of falling instead of heights.

I got your joke, but its one of those day where my sense of humor has clocked out.

• Like 1

seaturtlehorsesnake

the ladder thing was really odd feeling in fact. i wasn't thinking about falling, i just got about halfway up and had a sort of sudden awareness of where i was. i remember thinking something along the lines of "i still have to get all the way up, and if i do, then i have to somehow climb back down" and then i froze up completely. had to go back down shaking the whole time.

so maybe it wasn't heights exactly?