Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Piney

Columbus Statues Splattered with Red Paint

32 posts in this topic

Wickian

Columbus definitely helped shape history but he was basically a standard conqueror, or at least as much of one a man could be without having an army.  He helped to send an entire people(the Lucayans if I remember right) into extinction.

He's an important historical figure, but doesn't deserve to be praised without acknowledging the bad things he did as well.

• Like 3

Hawken

Didn't Leif Erickson land in the Americas before Columbus?

• Like 1

Bavarian Raven
19 hours ago, Hawkin said:

Didn't Leif Erickson land in the Americas before Columbus?

Yup. Norse were visiting n America for five hundred years give or take. Merchants. Kings. Holy men etc all knew there was land across the ocean. They didn't just realize how big said land truly was lol. 

• Like 3

Sooth Sayer
On 1/19/2018 at 9:02 AM, TonopahRick said:

It's HISTORY people, get over it.

Exactly. They can't get over it. There are those that think by feigning outrage they'll fit in with the "in crowd" and "look cool" and "feel accepted" by their peers. That's all it is. 

Where's the outrage for Genghis Khan? Or how the Japanese were blood thirsty and invading islands and China prior to WWII? Or how about the Romans when they invaded Britannia and France 2,000 years ago? 

What we see is some stupid "I wanna be cool" trend going on. It panders to the lowest common denominator. Getting rid of a few statues won't change the past. 

Remember, American natives and Mexicans were killing each other for 500 years or more before European settlers arrived but seems college kids, college professors and the left conveniently ignore those facts.

• Like 5

Hawken
18 hours ago, Sooth Sayer said:

Remember, American natives and Mexicans were killing each other for 500 years or more before European settlers arrived but seems college kids, college professors and the left conveniently ignore those facts.

If I remember right, when the movie, Dances With Wolves was in theaters. It showed the Pawnee attacking the Sioux village. But a spokesman for the Pawnee tribe said it was the Sioux that made it difficult for the Pawnee since the Sioux was a larger tribe.

• Like 2

Paranormal Panther
23 hours ago, Sooth Sayer said:

Exactly. They can't get over it. There are those that think by feigning outrage they'll fit in with the "in crowd" and "look cool" and "feel accepted" by their peers. That's all it is. 

Where's the outrage for Genghis Khan? Or how the Japanese were blood thirsty and invading islands and China prior to WWII? Or how about the Romans when they invaded Britannia and France 2,000 years ago? 

What we see is some stupid "I wanna be cool" trend going on. It panders to the lowest common denominator. Getting rid of a few statues won't change the past. 

The White man was responsible for countless atrocities. You can say the same for the (fill in the blank) man *and* woman too. I'll call BS each time some clueless leftist claims the first sentence is right but claims that the second sentence is wrong. I don't care if they mention European wrongs, but I will always bust their chops if they ignore the wrongs of other groups.

• Like 2

Sooth Sayer
5 hours ago, Hawkin said:

If I remember right, when the movie, Dances With Wolves was in theaters. It showed the Pawnee attacking the Sioux village. But a spokesman for the Pawnee tribe said it was the Sioux that made it difficult for the Pawnee since the Sioux was a larger tribe.

The American natives had been fighting bloody wars with each other for centuries.

• Like 3