Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FISA memo set to end collusion investigation

OverSword

2 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Man!  The intrigue is pegging off the meter.  Can’t tell if Sessions is dirty, incompetent, or hiding something?  The first two are trivial.  But what if he is hiding something?  Jordan lists just a few of the facts and Sessions dismisses them as if one is trying to divert one’s gaze away.  Is it possible that some kind of “secret” special counsel has been setup or some covert sting operation is taking place?  One thing for sure, there is more here than meets the eye.

Maybe, even with all his faults, he's simply not a conspiracy theorist? I know, wild, huh?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Maybe, even with all his faults, he's simply not a conspiracy theorist? I know, wild, huh?

There’s no theory here.  There is at least one conspiracy going on, perhaps more.  The Left and Right are positioning their pieces.  What I’m afraid of is that the winner will keep it from the public.  I’m not sure I like that and that’s not what this fight is about.  It’s about bringing all of this out in the open.  There are probably secrets that need to be protected but at this point, it is more important to clean house.  It’s clear that Sessions and Wray are not answering Jordan’s questions.  They aren’t telling him that he is wrong in what he is saying but they aren’t admitting to anything either.  If he was way off base, I think they would say so.  But he’s taking flack over the target.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, joc said:

Unevidenced?  It was paid for by Evil Hillary.  That should be evidence enough...not to mention...It was introduced to the FISC by Peter Strzok when he took the application for warrants to obtain surveillance on Trump and Co.

She has had the nicknames "Wicked witch of the west wing" and "Crooked Hillary" among others. She has been tied to so many scandals you could lose count. And now look who is behind this Dossier. No surprise there.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, South Alabam said:

She has had the nicknames "Wicked witch of the west wing" and "Crooked Hillary" among others. She has been tied to so many scandals you could lose count. And now look who is behind this Dossier. No surprise there.

Meanwhile...back at FBI headquarters...not one drop of 'evidence' that there is any Truth to it.  The Evidence is actually all pointed towards the Innocent and Sweet Hillary!   

• Like 7

BroomHillary!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, joc said:

Meanwhile...back at FBI headquarters...not one drop of 'evidence' that there is any Truth to it.  The Evidence is actually all pointed towards the Innocent and Sweet Hillary!   

I think you are the only one claiming Hillary is innocent and sweet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I think you are the only one claiming Hillary is innocent and sweet.

That wasn't a claim Tatetopa.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

Man!  The intrigue is pegging off the meter.  Can’t tell if Sessions is dirty, incompetent, or hiding something? 

That is for sure.  There can be no doubt something is brewing.

Speculation is growing (again) that Mueller has been flipped and is nearing a "finding" that the big conspiracy with Russians was all on the part of the Clinton bunch and certain DC Never-Trumpers (which, of course, it was).  This will precede the conclusion of the IG (Horowitz) investigation which will ultimately verify the Mueller finding.

The buzz about this coming week being "big" is getting louder.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Speculation is growing (again) that Mueller has been flipped 

Really? This just doesn’t seem very likely to me. Mr Mueller may indeed find there is insufficient evidence for criminal Russian collusion but ‘flipped’ I seriously doubt that’s possible. But, I have no idea what IG Horowitz may have found...enough to change the direction of the Mueller probe? I’m just not convinced though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Really? This just doesn’t seem very likely to me. Mr Mueller may indeed find there is insufficient evidence for criminal Russian collusion but ‘flipped’ I seriously doubt that’s possible. But, I have no idea what IG Horowitz may have found...enough to change the direction of the Mueller probe? I’m just not convinced though.

I agree that it seems unlikely especially given the way the Mueller investigation has been portrayed in the MSM.  The theory here is that Mueller found himself in an extremely tight situation where his own involvement in Uranium 1 (and other things) has him dead-to-rights to the point he was given a choice: uncover the REAL criminals or face (more) serious charges himself.  One thing I'm fairly certain of is that there are few, if any, facts out there yet to be "discovered".  Everything about everybody is already known...and has been for quite a while.

Thing is, there truly IS sufficient evidence for criminal Russian collusion (conspiracy)...and everyone knows it.  I doubt Mueller would be allowed to quietly close his case due to "insufficient evidence".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

The theory here is that Mueller found himself in an extremely tight situation where his own involvement in Uranium 1 (and other things) has him dead-to-rights to the point he was given a choice:

Sort of like Skinner?  ;)

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Speculation is growing (again) that Mueller has been flipped and is nearing a "finding" that the big conspiracy with Russians was all on the part of the Clinton bunch and certain DC Never-Trumpers (which, of course, it was).  This will precede the conclusion of the IG (Horowitz) investigation which will ultimately verify the Mueller finding.

The buzz about this coming week being "big" is getting louder.

Funny that speculation would be growing about a group of people who have, to my knowledge, only released a single statement. 

Got a source for that? I mean where did you read or hear it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

The theory here is that Mueller found himself in an extremely tight situation where his own involvement in Uranium 1 (and other things) has him dead-to-rights to the point he was given a choice: uncover the REAL criminals or face (more) serious charges himself.

You realise that it was the DOJ that was responsible, if they deemed necessary, to inform Congress about anything they saw wrong with the U1 deal, not Mueller or the fbi, right? Also, it wasn't even people from the same company who were under investigation.

What, specifically, do you think Mueller did wrong?

Do you frequent the_Donald or something? It seems like you are somewhat detached from reality with regards to this whole situation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It seems like you are somewhat detached from reality with regards to this whole situation.

Far be it from me to stick a needle in your "Mueller is getting ever closer" bubble, but you may want to brace yourself for abject disappointment.  Again.

4 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Far be it from me to stick a needle in your "Mueller is getting ever closer" bubble, but you may want to brace yourself for abject disappointment.  Again.

Not care to answer my questions? Or are you here only to post baseless speculation?

I've not been disappointed. Mueller has nailed quite a few from Trump's team so far, and has the man himself so worried that he's committed obstruction of justice on multiple occassions now. It's pretty much moving along at the pace I would expect.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Not care to answer my questions? Or are you here only to post baseless speculation?

I've also run across recent speculation suggesting Trump will soon be led off in handcuffs, the election results overturned, and Hillary Clinton will sashay in, to the sound of heavenly trumpets, to finish out Trump's term.  It doesn't seem to be "growing" so much, but is still fiercely proclaimed by the faithful...such as yourself.  These people are being badly misled (or nuts), in my opinion.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I wouldn’t what to hang your confidence on tallies.  You’ll be embarrassed.  I think I’ve seen more deflection from you than answers.

I've not been disappointed. Mueller has nailed quite a few from Trump's team so far,

Nothing on collusion, just procedural type stuff.  Anyone that has filled out an SF86 or given a 302 can be nailed for perjury.

and has the man himself so worried that he's committed obstruction of justice on multiple occassions now. It's pretty much moving along at the pace I would expect.

Seriously?  Keep dreaming.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RAyMO said:

sounds to me as if Sessions is saying you can think and say what you like - but we act on facts.  Which surprisingly - is quite sensible.

It sounds more like him saying you have to prove your case before we'll give you an investigation.  I'm beginning to think my old Senator may just be a swamp dweller after all.

• Like 1

Trey Gowdy... he is a guy that seems more level headed than anyone in congress.

Here is a FBI BEFORE this memo dropped lying straight to congress saying he isn't aware of any political bias on 12/7/17. I pay attention to these long proceedings on my T.V. and all of you should too....

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

Honestly, I doubt Mr Steele is sufficiently naive to have just believed everything the Russians told him was absolute pristine truth.

Steele's the ex-head of the MI6 Russian Desk. I suspect he's gathered by now that Russians are good at muddying the truth.

Believe he's on record as claiming that he pre-filtered some of the information he received.

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

I suppose anything is possible, but add to this that Mr Steele was aware all this was for a piece of political opposition research.

Steele's memo's were never supposed to be directly published.

They were investigative leads to be verified by Simpson, who was the one compiling the opposition research.

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

When certain others 'helped' out in the process, others like Mr Blumenthal and Mr Shearer,

Steele passed on a document Shearer had written to the FBI, with a note detailing it's full providence.

That's exactly all the "Help" that can be currently evidenced -- and the only reason it can be evidenced, is because Steele voluntarily wrote it down.

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

When certain others 'helped' out in the process, others like Mr Blumenthal and Mr Shearer, there was still no speculation that this just might be a political 'hit piece' designed to smear an opponent verses being an above board fact gathering effort (?).

Either Steele gathered the information directly from his contacts, or he didn't.

If he did -- unless he believed Clinton was also secretly running his contacts, why would Steele assume there was a conspiracy to defraud the FBI?

Why wouldn't he believe that Shearer, who also was trying to investigate Trump's relationship with Russia, had found similar things to himself?

If Team Clinton really were feeding him information for his dossier, why would Steele willingly hand over a roadmap outlining that conspiracy, to the FBI?

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

Keep in mind the reasons why Mr Blumenthal wasn't even allowed near the Obama White House. No, none of this looks very good in the least. 

That's a smear by association of someone you have no evidence Steele's even met.

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

Quite frankly, Mr Steele would be the most credulous (dare I say dumbest) secret agent I've ever heard of if he wasn't at least suspicious regarding the veracity of the sources and methods used to create his dossier. 

Again -- they were Steele's contacts which he'd previously used to provide insider information on Russia.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Are you blinded by this guys service as well? 

Poindexter? How many of your unrelated unevidenced conspiracies do you want me to pre-emptively mea culpa for, exactly?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Speculation is growing (again) that Mueller has been flipped

Pretty sure that the last time you claimed he was about to flip, he charged Flynn.

• Like 3

Well, all I have to say is we should keep in mind this little gem from IG Horowitz last year:  “If circumstances warrant, we [office of inspector general] will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.”

Other issues very well could cover the dossier, the FBI's use of the dossier, and exactly who was involved in the entire FISA warrant process. I still think the entire thing smells to high heaven and I suspect this will all eventually arrive at a point of defending the indefensible. 

As for certain others being involved in the formation of the dossier: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/02/07/gowdy_really_warm_if_you_think_sidney_blumenthal_passed_information_to_steele_for_dossier.html

• Like 2

Just now, Lilly said:

Well, all I have to say is we should keep in mind this little gem from IG Horowitz last year:  “If circumstances warrant, we [office of inspector general] will consider including other issues that may arise during the course of the review.”

Other issues very well could cover the dossier, the FBI's use of the dossier, and exactly who was involved in the entire FISA warrant process.

I believe that's a pretty standard clause for an IG investigation.

There's also this clause: "Our review will not substitute the OIG's judgment for the judgments made by the FBI or the Department regarding the substantive merits of investigative or prosecutive decisions."

I suspect that'll include the FBI's decision to use the dossier to get a FISA warrant.

• Like 1