Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FISA memo set to end collusion investigation

OverSword

Just now, Merc14 said:

You show me how that is criminal when Comey answers to the president and I'll agree with you.

To recap:

• Flynn lies to the FBI.
  • Trump is informed that Flynn has lied to the FBI, and is likely to be charged.
  • Trump asks Comey for a loyalty pledge, which Comey refuses to give.
  • Trump asks the Director of the DNI to tell Comey to back off investigating Flynn.
  • Trump asks Comey to let Flynn go. Comey doesn't agree.
  • Trump and Stephen Miller compose a letter to fire Comey.
  • McGahn, the White House Counsel, blocks Trump from sending that version of the letter, primarily because it mentions the Russia investigation
  • That original letter is then given to Rosenstein, who drafts a new letter to fire Comey.
  • Trump uses the Rosenstein letter to fire Comey.
  • Trump then gives an interview on NBC, where he says this: And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won'
  • Flynn pleads guilty to lying to the FBI.

And Mueller can evidence every single step of that.

Just now, Merc14 said:

Comey wasn't investigating Trump, he had as team of investigators at work and their efforts were not hindered in the least.  Comey managed the FBI, he didn't run any of the hundreds/thousands of ongoing investigations and every day it looks like he was more guilty of abusing his powers. 

Best of luck with that particular line of defence in court.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

To recap:

• Flynn lies to the FBI.
  • Trump is informed that Flynn has lied to the FBI, and is likely to be charged.
  • Trump asks the Director of the DNI to tell Comey to back off investigating Flynn.
  • McGahn, the White House Counsel, blocks Trump from sending that version of the letter, primarily because it mentions the Russia investigation
  • That original letter is then given to Rosenstein, who drafts a new letter to fire Comey.
  • Trump then gives an interview on NBC, where he says this: And in fact when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said 'you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story, it's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won'

And if this 'time line' (some points of which are disputed 'he said, he said' BTW) was enough to prove criminal collusion with the Kremlin in order to subvert and steal the 2016 election then we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

Keep in mind what Mr Strzok said to his mistress about why he wasn't all that interested in being in on the investigation (hint: there's no there, there). 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Obstruction of justice covering up sexual misdeeds didn't result in Clinton being booted. Unless they have something more than Trump was irritated by the 'dogs snapping at his heels' so he tried to make them stop...it won't result in him being booted either. 

I'd hope that Obstruction of Justice via perjury over embarrassing sexual misdeeds vs Obstruction of Justice via firing the head of the investigation would be treated with different levels of severity by Congress.

Either way -- I suspect we'll find out, at some point in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

Just now, Tiggs said:

I'd hope that Obstruction of Justice via perjury over embarrassing sexual misdeeds vs Obstruction of Justice via firing the head of the investigation would be treated with different levels of severity by Congress.

Well, if the investigation was only based on a bunch of (excuse the terminology) 'trumped up political nonsense' to resist a candidate they 'didn't like' verses investigating a real criminal act designed to circumvent and steal a US Presidential election with the aid of the Russians...then yeah, Congress certainly might see it differently depending upon which option is the reality. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

And if this 'time line' (some points of which are disputed 'he said, he said' BTW) was enough to prove criminal collusion with the Kremlin in order to subvert and steal the 2016 election then we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

The investigation is still ongoing, and the public only gets to know what Mueller wants it to.

And what he apparently doesn't want us to know yet, is that Trump is clean, in regards to Russia, despite the pressure that's been put on him to make that announcement.

Keep in mind what Mr Strzok said to his mistress about why he wasn't all that interested in being in on the investigation (hint: there's no there, there). 

That he did. 

I wonder what he'd say if you asked him now.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Conspiracy ideas aren't useful as supporting evidence...even if you like them or believe in them. 

Agreed, now if only we could get that through to those who believe the conspiracy against Trump set in play by the DNC paid for by the Hilary. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tiggs said:

That he did. 

I wonder what he'd say if you asked him now.

Considering the trouble Mr Strzok is now in, I suspect he'd say literally anything if he thought it would extricate him from said trouble. 

• Like 4

Well, if the investigation was only based on a bunch of (excuse the terminology) 'trumped up political nonsense' to resist a candidate they 'didn't like' verses investigating a real criminal act designed to circumvent and steal a US Presidential election with the aid of the Russians...then yeah, Congress certainly might see it differently depending upon which option is the reality. 

The investigation started after the Russians hacked the DNC & the Australian ambassador tipped off the FBI about Papadopoulos, months before the election took place.

Even Nunes' memo 'fesses that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Considering the trouble Mr Strzok is now in, I suspect he'd say literally anything if he thought it would extricate him from said trouble. 

Again -- I suspect we'll find out, soon enough.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

The investigation started after the Russians hacked the DNC & the Australian ambassador tipped off the FBI about Papadopoulos, months before the election took place.

Even Nunes' memo 'fesses that.

So? Still doesn't prove the whole thing wasn't initially based on political motivations being generated by the opposition party. The dossier was in the works months before the election took place too. None of this proves *squat*

Anyway, I have a class...have to help teach some people a bit of basic chemistry....back later. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

My take on Sessions is that he is actually one of the more savvy Trump team member when it come to legal matters.  He "doesn't recall" things that would implicate himself or Trump.  He doesn't take actions or make statements that could cause legal issues.  He recuses himself or distances himself from anything that even gives perception of obstruction or collusion. 

If Trump and company are found guilty of collusion/obstruction, he would be the one to walk away relatively unscathed. 

Nunes in like the opposite.  His memo and Trump's response gave the impression that Trump would okay things that the FBI and the DOJ said were sensitive that harmed the Mueller investigation.  Trump's current blocking of the Democrat memo gives the impression that Trump would block things that helped the Mueller investigation or hindered his defense.  I have the feeling that before the end of the investigation, Nunes will be in front of Mueller as well.

What did Hilary do? 

Just now, Lilly said:

So? Still doesn't prove the whole thing wasn't initially based on political motivations being generated by the opposition party. The dossier was in the works months before the election took place too. None of this proves *squat*

From the Nunes' memo:

The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok.

Unless there's some wonderful conspiracy where Hillary controls the Russian SRV and attempts to recruit Papadopoulos that I'm not aware of yet, then neither Clinton, nor the Steele Dossier, sparked the investigation.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

To recap:

• Flynn lies to the FBI.

Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Robert Mueller, and other top “Deep State” operatives are undoubtedly very nervous about a federal grand jury indictment that was handed down recently. On Friday, January 12, the U.S. Department of Justice unsealed an indictment that has the potential to start a chain reaction regarding the long-simmering Uranium One case, which we have been reporting on for several years. The new indictment could lead to the investigation and prosecution of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former FBI Director Robert Mueller (now a special prosecutor), and former President Barack Obama — all of whom were involved in a deal that transferred 20 percent (or more) of U.S. uranium production to Russia.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/28073-media-smother-indictment-in-clinton-obama-uranium-one-russia-deal

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 2

Just now, Ellapennella said:

Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Robert Mueller, and other top “Deep State” operatives are undoubtedly very nervous about a federal grand jury indictment that was handed down recently. On Friday, January 12, the U.S. Department of Justice unsealed an indictment that has the potential to start a chain reaction regarding the long-simmering Uranium One case, which we have been reporting on for several years. The new indictment could lead to the investigation and prosecution of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, former FBI Director Robert Mueller (now a special prosecutor), and former President Barack Obama — all of whom were involved in a deal that transferred 20 percent (or more) of U.S. uranium production to Russia.

https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/crime/item/28073-media-smother-indictment-in-clinton-obama-uranium-one-russia-deal

Best of luck with that.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

To recap:

• Flynn lies to the FBI.

Best of luck with the above fantasy. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Which of those points don't you believe happened?

11 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

:D

It's the irrefutable documented timeliness of events. When I saw Tiggs' post, the first thing I thought was 'how can anyone look at those facts and still not see what, at this point, the entire world, bar US Trumpers and other outright conspiracy nuts, can see'.

It takes extremely high suspension of reality to adopt the above quoted stance. 

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Strzok is hiding under his desk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiggs said:

Which of those points don't you believe happened?

The fantasy is believing that leads to impeachment.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tiggs said:

From the Nunes' memo:

The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI agent Pete Strzok.

Unless there's some wonderful conspiracy where Hillary controls the Russian SRV and attempts to recruit Papadopoulos that I'm not aware of yet, then neither Clinton, nor the Steele Dossier, sparked the investigation.

The problem is that you missed something. There was already speculation that Mrs Clinton's insecure server and also the rather insecure DNC system may have been hacked by foreign nationals. Mr Popadopoulos' drunken ramblings certainly may have been the trigger for the FBI to investigate him, but this doesn't really tell us if Trump then went forth to criminally collude with The Kremlin in order to throw the 2016 election. To my knowledge the Trump campaign never obtained the emails...Wikileaks did. This doesn't really prove anything...which is why Mr Nunes openly saying that (about Popadopoulos) in the memo has set off nothing more than we have already been seeing. 

• Like 2

The problem is that you missed something. There was already speculation that Mrs Clinton's insecure server and also the rather insecure DNC system may have been hacked by foreign nationals. Mr Popadopoulos' drunken ramblings certainly may have been the trigger for the FBI to investigate him but this doesn't really tell us if Trump then went forth to criminally collude with The Kremlin in order to throw the 2016 election.

Don't remember claiming that it did.

To my knowledge the Trump campaign never obtained the emails...Wikileaks did.

Still an open question, as far as I'm aware.

This doesn't really prove anything...which is why Mr Nunes openly saying that (about Popadopoulos) in the memo has set off nothing more than we have already been seeing. 

All it shows is that the FBI investigation into the Trump/Russia connections started independently of any Clinton-based conspiracy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

All it shows is that the FBI investigation into the Trump/Russia connections started independently of any Clinton-based conspiracy.

Perhaps, but we still don't know about when the Clinton Campaign knew certain information (they obviously had friends in the FBI). Also, they may have had their own suspicions that some emails may have fallen into the hands of foreign nationals (*cough* Russians *cough*). Also, the dossier still is likely to have been commissioned to 'fan the flames' so to speak....it was 'slam dunk' opposition research (not verified intelligence) at the very least...and went on the be used to get a FISA warrant. 

• Like 1