Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FISA memo set to end collusion investigation

OverSword

18 hours ago, hacktorp said:

This is indeed a theory that is fast gaining popularity.  It is telling that everyone surrounding Priestap at the FBI has been "knocked off" (fired, demoted, etc), yet he remains untouched.  Further, it is being said that agents have been flown in from Israel (Mossad) to protect Priestap and his wife, Sabina Menschel, who is the daughter and niece of Goldman Sachs billionaires and who also runs one of the top investigative agencies in DC, Nardello & Co.  Apparently there are concerns the couple have been targeted for murder.

I'd like to see a source on that if you have it.  THAT is quite telling.  These people really are playing for keeps, if accurate.

18 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Wouldn't it be great if they reauthorized FISA only to turn around and use it to clobber the Clinton Gang and other Uranium 1 conspirators into pleading guilty to treason?

That would make my day.

In the polarized state of our politics these days, it might lead to civil unrest.  The integrity of our legal system would be well worth it if it comes to that.  I have the feeling that the dirt is so widespread that if these guys begin turning on each other it's going to be like crime families going to war with each other.  Sickening.  We need TERM LIMITS and a thoroughly revamped civil service structure.  There should be no lifetime civil service jobs, IMO.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

“I don’t believe for one minute that the Strzok-Page texts are really missing,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

I believe that Horowitz has already provided these "missing texts". 

Both Horowitz and Mueller are ignoring  a lot what the DNC has done.

I'd hold off criticizing Horowitz until we see what he has written.  He has been on this investigation for over a year and is due to present his report in March/April and to date has been forthcoming with the information he has collected. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, and then said:

...We need TERM LIMITS and a thoroughly revamped civil service structure.  There should be no lifetime civil service jobs, IMO.

And therein lies the crux of the problem IMO.

I'm also up for consideration of mandatory retirement for even the Supreme Court at let's say, age 85. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I believe that Horowitz has already provided these "missing texts". 

I'd hold off criticizing Horowitz until we see what he has written.  He has been on this investigation for over a year and is due to present his report in March/April and to date has been forthcoming with the information he has collected. 

You're missing the point, he only did so because Thomas Fitton of Judicial watch went after them, otherwise crickets.

He's  been what? He's been there since when? How come he hasn't noticed any over sites that have been ongoing? 

I don’t believe for one minute that the Strzok-Page texts are really missing,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The IRS told us that Lois Lerner’s emails were ‘missing,’ and we forced them to admit they existed and deliver them to us. The State Department hid the Clinton emails but our FOIA lawsuits famously blew open that cover-up. We fully intend to get the ‘missing’ Strzok and Page documents. And it is shameful the FBI and DOJ have been playing shell games with these smoking gun text messages. Frankly, FBI Director Wray needs to stop the stonewalling”

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-sues-text-messages-fbis-strzok-page/

Edited by Ellapennella
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, and then said:

I'd like to see a source on that if you have it.  THAT is quite telling.  These people really are playing for keeps, if accurate.

there is nothing solid on Priestap having flipped, it is all merely speculation at this point but if you look at Lilly's link or, if not there, mine a few pages back showing a 5 minute video interview with Judge Jeanine you'll see teh best evidence that something is up with Priestap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

And therein lies the crux of the problem IMO.

I'm also up for consideration of mandatory retirement for even the Supreme Court at let's say, age 85. 

I've come to believe that also.  Even USSC Justices have become so blatantly partisan that they aren't above suspicion.  An Amendment to the Constitution is a high hurdle though.  Remember when jurists were chosen that actually could look at the law and not the politics?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

there is nothing solid on Priestap having flipped, it is all merely speculation at this point but if you look at Lilly's link or, if not there, mine a few pages back showing a 5 minute video interview with Judge Jeanine you'll see teh best evidence that something is up with Priestap.

I have to hope that there's at least ONE current member of this sordid situation that is willing to do the right thing.  It should only take one.  I refuse to believe that ALL of our current public servants in the upper levels of the DOJ and FBI are corrupt.  If that's true then this country is in far worse condition than I ever imagined.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Where the hell is the Schiff memo?  How hard can it be to remove the classified info the democrats purposely littered the thing with and release their memo that will prove nothing is going on, this whole thing is a republican scam?  BTW, big mouth Schiff has been eerily silent as of late, hasn't he?  I thought he'd be screaming into the microphones about how the republicans are silencing the bringers of truth but not a peep........for days!   I wonder why?  All he has to do is get it through the FBI like the republicans did and they didn't take nearly this long to make public their memo. 

You might want to check his Twitter feed. Or non-far right sources. He's spoken out plenty since Friday. Last night he said 'we're not going to revise the democratic memo'. Meaning he's going to redact any security concerns, according to FBI advice, but not going to change the content.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/373742-schiff-were-not-going-to-revise-democratic-memo?amp&__twitter_impression=true

It'll probably just end up being read aloud on the House floor. Then they'll let you know what parts Trump wanted changed and you'll see exactly what he wanted to hide.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

You're missing the point, he only did so because Thomas Fitton of Judicial watch went after them, otherwise crickets.

Judicial Watch was not asking him as he is the IG, and he provided those very texts when Nunes asked if he possibly had them.  

He's  been what? He's been there since when? How come he hasn't noticed any over sites that have been ongoing? 

He wasn't looking because Obama, through Sally Yates, made that section of the DoJ off limits to IG oversight.   I linked that story about a week ago.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You might want to check his Twitter feed. Or non-far right sources. He's spoken out plenty since Friday. Last night he said 'we're not going to revise the democratic memo'. Meaning he's going to redact any security concerns, according to FBI advice, but not going to change the content.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/373742-schiff-were-not-going-to-revise-democratic-memo?amp&__twitter_impression=true

It'll probably just end up being read aloud on the House floor. Then they'll let you know what parts Trump wanted changed and you'll see exactly what he wanted to hide.

I'm not on twitter but you couldn't keep him off TV before so obviously something happened and I know he is revising his memo, I didn't need you to tell me, my question is, where is it?  How long does it take to remove things that should not have been there in the first place?  Is he a moron that doesn't know what is classified and what isn't?  That seems to be a disease democrats have starting with Hillary.  Two last things, why do you care about any of this when you live in England and why do you keep bleeding through the ignore I have you on?

Edit:  Back on ignore with you so don't bother answering if you don't want to as I won't see it anyways.

Edited by Merc14

13 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Two last things, why do you care about any of this when you live in England

Unfortunately the actions of the American government - have a way of impacting way outside of the USA, and if some people have their way politically, the UK may be even more tied at the hip with the USA (dependent on the USA?) in the near future than we are at the moment.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I'm not on twitter but you couldn't keep him off TV before so obviously something happened and I know he is revising his memo, I didn't need you to tell me, my question is, where is it?  How long does it take to remove things that should not have been there in the first place?  Is he a moron that doesn't know what is classified and what isn't?  That seems to be a disease democrats have starting with Hillary.  Two last things, why do you care about any of this when you live in England and why do you keep bleeding through the ignore I have you on?

Edit:  Back on ignore with you so don't bother answering if you don't want to as I won't see it anyways.

You obviously didn't read the link. He's not revising it.

I live in Scotland. England is a different country.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Judicial Watch was not asking him as he is the IG, and he provided those very texts when Nunes asked if he possibly had them.  

He wasn't looking because Obama, through Sally Yates, made that section of the DoJ off limits to IG oversight.   I linked that story about a week ago.

Had Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch not stepped up and sued for the release of them, they would still be lost as "Horowitz said they were lost" but that he was able to recover some. Did it really take Judicial Watch to motivate him? I don't understand? When does  the chain of command reach  Horowitz?  Why hasn't Horowitz investigated  the crimes of the Clinton administration, Obama administration  and even the Bush administration in all his years ? 

In recent months, Horowitz—an Obama appointee who previously worked in top roles at the Justice Department under Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush—has been on the receiving end of a slew of letters from lawmakers and interest groups, asking him to expand the scope of the inspector general inquiry.

In February, the then-chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), and the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), asked Horowitz to look into leaks of classified intelligence intercepts about National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

In March, several Senate Democrats led by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) asked the inspector general to explore Attorney General Jeff Sessions decision to recuse himself from the Trump-Russia inquiry.

Later that month, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) urged Horowitz to look at whether White House officials pressured the Justice Department to drop the FBI’s investigation of ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.

In May, Chaffetz asked the inspector general to investigate Trump’s firing of Comey.

And last month, more than 30 House Democrats asked Horowitz to consider whether Sessions violated the terms of his recusal by taking part in Comey’s dismissal.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/25/michael-horowitz-inspector-general-russia-election-testimony-240944

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

Had Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch not stepped up and sued for the release of them, they would still be lost as "Horowitz said they were lost" but that he was able to recover some. Did it really take Judicial Watch to motivate him? I don't understand? When does  the chain of command reach  Horowitz?  Why hasn't Horowitz investigated  the crimes of the Clinton administration, Obama administration  and even the Bush administration in all his years ? 

I'm not arguing that JW is doing a great job, they are. 

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

In recent months, Horowitz—an Obama appointee who previously worked in top roles at the Justice Department under Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush—has been on the receiving end of a slew of letters from lawmakers and interest groups, asking him to expand the scope of the inspector general inquiry.

In February, the then-chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), and the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), asked Horowitz to look into leaks of classified intelligence intercepts about National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

In March, several Senate Democrats led by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) asked the inspector general to explore Attorney General Jeff Sessions decision to recuse himself from the Trump-Russia inquiry.

Later that month, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) urged Horowitz to look at whether White House officials pressured the Justice Department to drop the FBI’s investigation of ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.

In May, Chaffetz asked the inspector general to investigate Trump’s firing of Comey.

And last month, more than 30 House Democrats asked Horowitz to consider whether Sessions violated the terms of his recusal by taking part in Comey’s dismissal.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/25/michael-horowitz-inspector-general-russia-election-testimony-240944

I don't think the IG has a say in what congress asks him to do so not sure of the above's relevance.  Horowitz may be just another twisted and corrupt progressive but nothing he has done in the past leads me to think he is.  None of us can predict what his report will say but I'm not going to condemn him before he actually delivers it simply because Obama appointed him (as suspicious as that has become as of late.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

I'm not arguing that JW is doing a great job, they are. 

I don't think the IG has a say in what congress asks him to do so not sure of the above's relevance.  Horowitz may be just another twisted and corrupt progressive but nothing he has done in the past leads me to think he is.  None of us can predict what his report will say but I'm not going to condemn him before he actually delivers it simply because Obama appointed him (as suspicious as that has become as of late.

I get what you're saying. This link is not to do with this investigation but is to do with the fbi in 2001. What do you make  about the decision / conclusion  Horowitz made?http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/14/us/bush-claims-executive-privilege-in-response-to-house-inquiry.html

28 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Unfortunately the actions of the American government - have a way of impacting way outside of the USA, and if some people have their way politically, the UK may be even more tied at the hip with the USA (dependent on the USA?) in the near future than we are at the moment.

Iv'e just walked in from doing a long hospital shift. And I can't believe some of the crap that I've been reading here. The UK, including Australia, NZ, and Canada are also allies of the US. And you are correct RAyMO. The US certainly does impact on countries outside of the United States who are Internationally / politically involved in one way or another. So it stands to good reason that we do take an interest in what's going on, especially when it comes to who the leader is and whom can have an enormous impact on the world at large.

Since when are people from other countries not entitled to share their opinion or concerns in US political threads in an open forum?

Are we to be bullied out of these threads now, just because we come from another country, or because we may have differing views on things?...personally I find this attitude to be somewhat discriminatory. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I'm sure Mr Trump would not want it to come to that. I would imagine that after the security concerns have been redacted, the memo will be released in due time. 

Edited by Astra.

23 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I get what you're saying. This link is not to do with this investigation but is to do with the fbi in 2001. What do you make  about the decision / conclusion  Horowitz made?http://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/14/us/bush-claims-executive-privilege-in-response-to-house-inquiry.html

I don't think it is relevant to this case for two reasons, first his job back then was not oversight it was Chief of Staff and he would be obligated to do as his boss tells him to, in that case defend the FBI.  Second, it looked like a squabble between the FBI , which had screwed up royally in the Whitey Bulger debacle but they didn't need congress to fix the problem of a dirty agent.  Honestly, I don't want to discuss Horowitz because there is no point to it until his report is delivered. 

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Also a reminder:

• 6c. Appeal: Do not post content designed to complain about, rally support against or to criticise moderator action. If you disagree with action taken by a member of staff you have the option to appeal the decision by PMing a moderator or administrator.

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You obviously didn't read the link. He's not revising it.

I live in Scotland. England is a different country.

Maybe he's not revising it because he really doesn't want it released. It could be that nothing in it actually  refutes the Nunes memo. That way he can whine and wail that Trump is hiding something when it can't be released for security reasons. It's all about illusion and playing politics, nothing about actually doing the jobs we elect them to do.

• Like 2