Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

FISA memo set to end collusion investigation

OverSword

21 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I'm not sure yet. AFAIK there is investigation into if there are any actual FISA abuses, correct? If there are found to be abuses, then they were hiding stuff...

I doubt you'll find many abuses to be honest. I think what it will reveal is that, similar to the Patriot Act, the system was designed in such a way as to make potential infringements on rights and due process perfectly legal. That should and likely will be the scandal.

But, as I mentioned before, Republicans in January voted to keep the FISA process as it is, and, comically enough, Nunes was one of the main champions of that process.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Ah. Like the Republican one.

We'll see.

It likely will look like Al Capone's vault in comparison to the first memo. I doubt that we'll *see* much.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Expandmyhead needs to check the time of the two stories. 

I'm not sure what that means. Evidently, nothing really changes in this continuing drama, so it wouldn't surprise me if little to nothing comes from any of it.

Why is this all taking so long ?....have the Dem's taken the necessary steps yet to redact certain parts of the sensitive information that had been asked of them, hence then sending the changed material back to the WH to be assessed again ? 

5 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Why is this all taking so long ?....have the Dem's taken the necessary steps yet to redact certain parts of the sensitive information that had been asked of them, hence then sending the changed material back to the WH to be assessed again ? 

It might take time to decide exactly what needs redacted or they could be milking it for political purposes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It might take time to decide exactly what needs redacted

Well that's certainly possible. Even if it does end up back on Mr Trumps desk (with the redaction's made) there's still no guarantee that he will give the green light for it to be released. I guess if that should happen, then it may give the Dem's the opportunity to over rule his decision, and release it anyway's. 

7 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

or they could be milking it for political purposes.

Hmm, but why I wonder ?.....surely they would want to move forward with this, rather than play these silly political games.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astra. said:

Hmm, but why I wonder ?.....surely they would want to move forward with this, rather than play these silly political games. 

I would think so also, but it's politics so who knows. 

To be honest though it's not really been that long. Only since Monday, considering I don't think politicians work weekends. 

It'll probably conclude, one way or the other, next week or the week after.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Astra. said:

That describes the quagmire in DC perfectly. :yes:

It's been like that for a LONG time too.

Some days even I, an acknowledged newshound, get sick of it. ;) 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I doubt you'll find many abuses to be honest. I think what it will reveal is that, similar to the Patriot Act, the system was designed in such a way as to make potential infringements on rights and due process perfectly legal. That should and likely will be the scandal.

But, as I mentioned before, Republicans in January voted to keep the FISA process as it is, and, comically enough, Nunes was one of the main champions of that process.

I think there were definite abuses, have you not been reading the links?  How is a salacious dossier created by the opposition candidate evidence for a warrant?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

To be honest though it's not really been that long. Only since Monday, considering I don't think politicians work weekends.

Yes, that's true. But I guess after all of the fuss that was created for '#Release The Memo' mantra... it's a wonder the same thing hasn't been applied with the calling for the release of this one as well. 

6 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It'll probably conclude, one way or the other, next week or the week after.

Yes, it's a wait-and-see I suppose. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Astra. said:

But I guess after all of the fuss that was created for '#Release The Memo' mantra... it's a wonder the same thing hasn't been applied with the calling for the release of this one as well. 

It does seem a bit curious, yes?  The Schiff memo was returned for editing/redacting after the FBI and DoJ perused it and saw info in it that could cause serious problems with "sources and methods" of intelligence gathering.  Exactly the kind of things that the Dems said were included in the Nunes memo.  Only they turned out not to be there at all.  You'd think the Dems would redact and put it out there for everyone to compare the two.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I think there were definite abuses, have you not been reading the links?  How is a salacious dossier created by the opposition candidate evidence for a warrant?

This has been refuted by both the FBI before the release and Schiff after the release. There was other evidence, apparently, and the political nature of the dossier's funding was disclosed to a judge. 

Are you saying that if, while researching a candidate, your researcher finds evidence of what they believe to be a crime, that said evidence cannot be used? Ridiculous.

If Trump's team had found evidence that Hillary had killed someone, or stolen money, or committed fraud, then the evidence could not be used? Of course it could. 

I'm not sure where this idea comes from?

40 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This has been refuted by both the FBI before the release and Schiff after the release. There was other evidence, apparently, and the political nature of the dossier's funding was disclosed to a judge. 

Well, actually nothing has been refuted as we are still in discovery and every day looks darker for the suspects.  Once again I will ask for links as you offer no examples of what was refuted much less some kind of evidence of said refuted evidence.  Basically we have your fantasies of refutation while everyone else posts some kind of research.

Are you saying that if, while researching a candidate, your researcher finds evidence of what they believe to be a crime, that said evidence cannot be used? Ridiculous.

Yeah, here we go again, no evidence or even a clue as to what you are talking about.  Please explain fully and maybe back it  up with some kind of information.

If Trump's team had found evidence that Hillary had killed someone, or stolen money, or committed fraud, then the evidence could not be used? Of course it could. 

I haven't a clue what you are talking about.  I realize it is verylate in Scotland but come on!

I'm not sure where this idea comes from?

I'm nit sure what you are talking about.  Now I am remebereing why I put your rambling self on ignore.  Okay EMM time to back up your claims please. ot t east explain what you are talking about.

1 hour ago, and then said:

It does seem a bit curious, yes?

Yes it does.

1 hour ago, and then said:

You'd think the Dems would redact and put it out there for everyone to compare the two.

Hopefully, it will emerge sooner than later. Also, I don't really have a Rooster in this fight.

However, I do believe that the public as a whole need to know where the real truth lies in all of this tangled mess. 

I'm sure 'and then' that even you don't want political chaos to become the new norm. I guess much will also depend on what Mr Mueller finally brings to the table after his investigation winds down.  

• Like 1

Exclusive Newzzzz Report ....

The Schiff Memo is now redacted and reads as follows.... 

//////////////  Russia  //////////// ///////  Moscow  //////// /// ///////  oligarchs  ////////////  /////////////////////////////////////  Russia //   Russia ////////////

cyber ///////////////////////// ////////// Russia ////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////// Putin ///////////////// nasty man ///////////////////////  Russia

//////////// Russian Embassy /////// /////////////////////////////////////////// in a bag full of vegetables ///////////////////////////// sometime /////////////////

Russia ///////////////////// ////////  Fancy Bear /////// Moscow ///////// Kremlin //////////// Putin ////////////  Russia.

Source : The Fly on The Wall 

:geek:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Astra. said:

Government efficiency.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

It does seem a bit curious, yes?  The Schiff memo was returned for editing/redacting after the FBI and DoJ perused it and saw info in it that could cause serious problems with "sources and methods" of intelligence gathering.  Exactly the kind of things that the Dems said were included in the Nunes memo.  Only they turned out not to be there at all.  You'd think the Dems would redact and put it out there for everyone to compare the two.

I've got a feeling they are wishing they never started on their Alternative Memo and now would like the whole thing to go away -

they know that every word will be picked over and compared with the Nunes Memo and it's probably dawned on them that they
are prolonging the agony for themselves and Clinton and Obama - by keeping the focus on what they would like people to forget -
I think they know they've made a tactical error and kind of shot themselves in the foot - 

maybe perhaps :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bee said:

//////////////  Russia  //////////// ///////  Moscow  //////// /// ///////  oligarchs  ////////////  /////////////////////////////////////  Russia //   Russia ////////////

cyber ///////////////////////// ////////// Russia ////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////// Putin ///////////////// nasty man ///////////////////////  Russia

//////////// Russian Embassy /////// /////////////////////////////////////////// in a bag full of vegetables ///////////////////////////// sometime /////////////////

Russia ///////////////////// ////////  Fancy Bear /////// Moscow ///////// Kremlin //////////// Putin ////////////  Russia.

Well there you go - what more do you want? Surely even you must now accept the reality of the situation!!

:rolleyes:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Well there you go - what more do you want? Surely even you must now accept the reality of the situation!!

:rolleyes:

shall we have a sing song....... :D

all together now ....................

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bee said:

Source : The Fly on The Wall 

:geek:

True .This is very interesting. He & Lionel Nation discussed fisagate,people want them to do another discussion on it. 

On 2/14/2018 at 7:13 PM, Merc14 said:

Yeah that is a bit worrisome but after reading what he said it looks like he was being honest.   Darrell Issa, no friend of the Obama administration called the report courageous.    I'll wait and hope the man delivers an honest, thoughtful and fully researched report.

So you  think it was all a conspiracy theory like Horowitz laid it out to be in his report?

Horowitz destroys the conspiracy theories on both sides of the aisle over 471-pages, but it’s the right wing screamers who come out looking worst. Horowitz shows definitively that the Arizona ATF agents and prosecutors in the U.S. Attorney’s office there were responsible for the operation, not the White House or the Justice Department in Washington and that the primary source of the inaccurate testimony given to Congress was the U.S. Attorney for Arizona, Dennis Burke.

http://swampland.time.com/2012/09/20/fast-and-furious-ig-report-destroys-right-wing-conspiracy-theories/

15 hours ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

They are getting results.

Yeah they seem to always be there watching and wanting to prevent corruption in government. 

On 2/14/2018 at 10:18 AM, Merc14 said:

Judicial Watch was not asking him as he is the IG, and he provided those very texts when Nunes asked if he possibly had them.  

He wasn't looking because Obama, through Sally Yates, made that section of the DoJ off limits to IG oversight.   I linked that story about a week ago.

Judicial Watch Sues for Key FBI Text Messages

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/weekly-updates/weekly-update-judicial-watch-sues-fbi-text-messages/

Do you know what else is off limits to the IG oversite?