Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How 200,000 antelope suddenly died

Still Waters

Researchers have discovered the cause of one of the most mysterious mass mortality events to occur in the modern animal world.

The world's scientists were baffled in 2015 when 200,000 antelope suddenly dropped dead in Kazakhstan.

More than 60% of the global population of saiga antelope died in just three weeks in May 2015, with entire herds mysteriously collapsing across the Betpak-Dala region of Kazakhstan.

Saiga antelopes are already a critically endangered species, and despite being a cousin species to the springbok and gazelle, is on the cusp of extinction.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/200-000-antelope-suddenly-died-181200425.html

• Like 3

I was reading about this on other sites. It's horrible....

• Like 3

Migratory routes keeps the population healthy ...

~

• Like 3

I don't know, I'd have to see the data.  If that bacteria is naturally found in their tonsils then I'd be surprised to find it so deadly due to a slight seasonal environmental temperature increase.  Species just aren't that fragile to environmental change.  The whole reason why a species exists today is because they're naturally very adaptable to environmental change.  A slight increase of temperature for a season doesn't seem like something that would break the biology of an evolved species.  Weird theory...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Noxasa said:

I don't know, I'd have to see the data.  If that bacteria is naturally found in their tonsils then I'd be surprised to find it so deadly due to a slight seasonal environmental temperature increase.  Species just aren't that fragile to environmental change.  The whole reason why a species exists today is because they're naturally very adaptable to environmental change.  A slight increase of temperature for a season doesn't seem like something that would break the biology of an evolved species.  Weird theory...

I am in full agreement. The only thing that I have seen on this planet that can wipe out animals in a short period of time is some kind of human creation. That could be anything from a biological/chemical/technological agent to pollution. This is why I do not believe in today's researchers. Not one iota of integrity. This would literally be laughed at in a peer review.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noxasa said:

That theory is also one of the theories for the mega-fauna collapse in North America along with loss of environment from catastrophic glacier flooding. If it suddenly warms up and is raining more often, the chance of bacteria and viruses mutating and getting more virulent increases.

This case does have the possibility of a human cause though...

• Like 6

Sad but it it could happen for a lot of species and the specialized one are the most fragile to change in their environment. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Sad but it it could happen for a lot of species and the specialized one are the most fragile to change in their environment. 

I watched the frog collapse here back in the 90s. Someone from Rutgers told me I didn't know what I was talking about (They don't get in the field much). Then some big name "discovers" it in the 2000s.... For that amount to die off. Nobody was paying attention for a long time....:mellow:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Didn' this happen twice?

It's in the article I posted.

"The 2015 mass mortality event provided the first opportunity for in-depth study, and a multidisciplinary approach has enabled great advances to be made.

"The use of data from vets, biologists, botanists, ecologists and laboratory scientists is helping improve our understanding of the risk factors leading to mass mortality event - which was beneficial when another mass mortality event occurred, this time in Mongolia in 2017.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/200-000-antelope-suddenly-died-181200425.html

• Like 3

Odd.  Really.  We get die offs from almost a lot of different species.  Sounds fishy to me as well.  There have been flocks of birds that fall from the sky in certain places around the world,

One thought is military testing of some sort where these specific animals are highly sensitive to.  People still don't realize how many nuclear tests have been tested, so I'm going to repeat it--over two thousand worldwide.  The US is responsible for over half of the tests, yet they blame North Korea for odd random ones.  Now there are tests also not accounted for.

Now people are still not aware of the accumulated fall-out and leakage from such tests.  Our earth is enclosed and what comes around goes around.

We notice it from wild fires in Canada in the provinces of Saskatchewan/Alberta that I've seen reach Wisconsin, USA.  And for the people unaware of politics, there are people paid to provide false leads.  It happens in everyday crime so it shouldn't be surprising to find it amongst other organizations.  It's also why I take politics with a grain of salt.  Tested and true science has the answers, just need to make sure that the research itself is legit as well.

https://www.ctbto.org/nuclear-testing/the-effects-of-nuclear-testing/general-overview-of-theeffects-of-nuclear-testing/

This site is just the tip of the ice berg and doesn't take a rocket-scientist to realize this or in this case--a nuclear scientist.  Just gotta use your noggin'.  If you light a candle in your home, you should smell it in another room.  Now imagine nuclear tests on a larger scale.  A normal person is unaware of it, but we see mutations and other health issues arise while other scientists and doctors like to blame genetics for.

This is not a conspiracy, it's literally common sense and research.  Read up on nuclear fall-out and the nuclear disasters and their effects.

Edited by Scorpius