Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Technology in the Past Greater Today's?

Aquila King

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Your opinion on their works?

They were friends of mine. 2 of the best archaeologists in the country and very respectful to The People and their beliefs 

• Like 3

I just had cataract surgery so a vision metaphor is in order. One must understand the window one is looking through colors the truth and sometimes obscures it. I admit I have only had a cursory read of parts of Cayce, but I know the club he was in.  I was part of it too but had second thoughts.  It is an old and eclectic club with members who are scientists, philosophers, business magnates, and steel workers.  And yes psychics too.  It is at the same time a very exclusive club, and I'm not talking about the Masons.  It is the White Boys Club, no women or non-European people need apply.  

The White Boys Club has only a few precepts that do not interfere with making lots of money or being a leading light in philosophy, science, or politics. 

Number one: Anything good in the world comes from Europeans because we are the smartest, strongest, most God favored people.  Anything great from the past must have been done by our ancestors including Stonehenge, Athens, Rome, Egypt, Akkadia, and Sumeria. Never mind some of those folks never set foot close to Europe.

Number two:  The world is ours to explore and exploit.  If we haven't been there, it is unexplored and up for grabs, no matter how long somebody else has been living there.

Number three:  Nothing ancient and marvelous could have been invented by anybody but us, fall back position is a lost tribe of Israel (a Mormon favorite) or Atlantis (Cayce's favorite).

Cayce's writings are colored by this window on the truth.  His vision of the Americas was seen through this lens.  I wouldn't guess if he is a real time mystic or not, but what the spiritual teachers said to him he interpreted through the White Boy Club ears. 

Now I don't mean to offend anybody, I am a white boy, I like white people. I've been around enough to know we can be pretty good folks but tend to get full of ourselves pretty easily.  If poor old Edgar had had Piney or somebody around to tell him he was full of it, his vision might have cleared considerably.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Piney said:

They were friends of mine. 2 of the best archaeologists in the country and very respectful to The People and their beliefs 

I really enjoy their books, but wasn't sure how well they had done their research.  I will read the rest without wondering about that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I really enjoy their books, but wasn't sure how well they had done their research.  I will read the rest without wondering about that.

I had every book and bought the next one as soon as it came out. I use to talk to Kathy online weekly. We mostly discussed the Adena because we were finding graves in Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey that dated the start of the Hopewell Horizon. She didn't know it. The Adena we found in New Jersey weren't here to trade. They were in extremis. They didn't bring any goods and all the burials showed signs of violence and reburial. I compared the reports with the ones in Delaware and Maryland and they showed the same evidence. They were digging up their graves and running. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Piney said:

I had every book and bought the next one as soon as it came out. I use to talk to Kathy online weekly. We mostly discussed the Adena because we were finding graves in Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey that dated the start of the Hopewell Horizon. She didn't know it. The Adena we found in New Jersey weren't here to trade. They were in extremis. They didn't bring any goods and all the burials showed signs of violence and reburial. I compared the reports with the ones in Delaware and Maryland and they showed the same evidence. They were digging up their graves and running. 

Wow!  That's pretty heavy Piney.  Question:  If they were running...why would they dig up the graves and take them with them?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Piney said:

They would go in it if they didn't belong to the Upper Deerfield Library.

They call that thermal theft.

Libraries need heat too.

Harte

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Cayce's Atlamtean assertions are "rough as a cob" so to speak.

I have heard fringe theorists use such huts to clear their mind. :P

I thought they used them for inspiration.

Harte

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, joc said:

Wow!  That's pretty heavy Piney.  Question:  If they were running...why would they dig up the graves and take them with them?

Go on, take the mummy and run.

Harte

• Like 7

On 1/20/2018 at 4:24 AM, jaylemurph said:

A little part of Papa dies every time he's not able to hector us all with how much a better, more thoughtful, more open-minded he is. Without introducing the paranormal, he can't get to the hectoring part. 

--Jaylemurph

Today I learned what hectoring means. And I think the meaning of "talk to (someone) in a bullying way" is kinda mean towards the mythological character (if that's the origin) Irrc Hector of Troy was one of the nicer characters who just wanted to defend his city and then got killed by that awful Achilles(who was nothing but a villain with good publicity)

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 5

26 minutes ago, Harte said:

Go on, take the mummy and run

Legend has it they headed down south and they're still running today.

(Which is a pretty long time, when you think about it)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, joc said:

I am concieve of a reason - the dead were still culturally part of the tribe (akin to the Indonesian (I think) practice of inviting the embalmed corpses of dead rellies to tea). 

• Like 4

The usual healthy scattering of "if", "could", "might", "maybe", "perhaps", "supposedly", etc.

Yet another pointless video with absolutely no merit; abysmally constructed with atrocious narration.  $2 a month for this drivel?  No thanks.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tom the Photon said:

The usual healthy scattering of "if", "could", "might", "maybe", "perhaps", "supposedly", etc.

Yet another pointless video with absolutely no merit; abysmally constructed with atrocious narration.  $2 a month for this drivel?  No thanks.

Actually that is free drivel. $2/month entitles you to access the exclusive bonus drivel.:D

• Like 6

8 hours ago, joc said:

Probably for the same reason my tribe, The Nanticoke carried their dead to the Grand River in Canada. A form of ancestral worship where ceremonies were held with the bones ("Feast of the Dead"and "Skeleton Dance")

• Like 5

I look at the video and it is really bad.

4. Amplification is increasing the output energy which requires an input energy. Making an echo chamber is not that amazing. I've been in many. But that does not amplify the sound. The claim that the chamber amplifies the sound is false. The idea that entering an echo chamber does something special to people is called entertainment.

3. This is a great example of disconnected ramblings. Tesla is the go to name for those with CT notions. This is just incoherent ramblings with no support for the claims.

2. The cup in question is made of a glass with metals melted in it to make pretty colors. Making a smooth blend does not mean that anyone is aware of the small particles as claimed. Why don't they claim that the existence of bread shows that the ancients had microscopes capable of viewing yeast? Does mixing paint to achieve different colors mean that the ancients understood quantum effects? There is a cobalt mine in Austria that supplied Rome with the metal used to make the deep blue glass that people liked.

1. They mention a person that lived 120 to 63 BC but the image leading up to that is a structure built beginning 360AD. I guess the show didn't really care about any correctness at all. Anyways the potion seems to be more myth than anything else.

• Like 5

Was technology in the past greater than today's? I would have to say yes in some areas of technology. A few examples:

1. Dragging blocks with ropes without pulleys
  2. Making stone tools
  3. Detection of land masses across great expanses of water

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I look at the video and it is really bad.

4. Amplification is increasing the output energy which requires an input energy. Making an echo chamber is not that amazing. I've been in many. But that does not amplify the sound. The claim that the chamber amplifies the sound is false. The idea that entering an echo chamber does something special to people is called entertainment.

3. This is a great example of disconnected ramblings. Tesla is the go to name for those with CT notions. This is just incoherent ramblings with no support for the claims.

2. The cup in question is made of a glass with metals melted in it to make pretty colors. Making a smooth blend does not mean that anyone is aware of the small particles as claimed. Why don't they claim that the existence of bread shows that the ancients had microscopes capable of viewing yeast? Does mixing paint to achieve different colors mean that the ancients understood quantum effects? There is a cobalt mine in Austria that supplied Rome with the metal used to make the deep blue glass that people liked.

1. They mention a person that lived 120 to 63 BC but the image leading up to that is a structure built beginning 360AD. I guess the show didn't really care about any correctness at all. Anyways the potion seems to be more myth than anything else.

Very well put, Stereo.  I should have tried to articulate my own views with such a high-quality reply, but frankly after watching the video all I could remember about it was - yuk! 

Except for the Tesla bit: all he was doing was copying the Pyramids, which are of course giant, electromagnetic, stone resonance-amplifiers (powered by underground streams) which take cosmic energy from beyond the void and channel it via the Sphinx and Gobekli Tepi*, to record a dying person's identity and beam it to receivers near Orion where we are reconstituted and live forever.  I'm surprised that more people don't see the obvious truth in this.  

* and probably Stonehenge too.  And of course Atlantis was an early version that ran out of control and blew itself up.  The evidence for this is everywhere, if only more people could read Minoan.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Piney said:

When it's -2 it's not just your mind that's clear when using said hut. :wacko:

Yeah when it hits -50 one has to really work to clear their mine as the cold tends to shrink the passage.:lol:

jmccr8 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Ouch. I hope that wasn't meant as it could be taken.

Yes but he does have a street cred to maintain.:rolleyes:

jmccr8 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom the Photon said:

Very well put, Stereo.  I should have tried to articulate my own views with such a high-quality reply, but frankly after watching the video all I could remember about it was - yuk! 

Except for the Tesla bit: all he was doing was copying the Pyramids, which are of course giant, electromagnetic, stone resonance-amplifiers (powered by underground streams) which take cosmic energy from beyond the void and channel it via the Sphinx and Gobekli Tepi*, to record a dying person's identity and beam it to receivers near Orion where we are reconstituted and live forever.  I'm surprised that more people don't see the obvious truth in this.  

* and probably Stonehenge too.  And of course Atlantis was an early version that ran out of control and blew itself up.  The evidence for this is everywhere, if only more people could read Minoan.

eb6.jpg?1307463786

• Like 1

The one pretend thing in the video was something about small filaments. They never mentioned anything concrete about that. I did find some sites that discuss it but the sites are all sites known for their hoaxes.

I entered "nano coils russia Johannes Fiebag" into a search engine to find loads of replicated commentary.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Yes but he does have a street cred to maintain.:rolleyes:

jmccr8 

Wait...He's got cred?????

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

Short for credulity not credibility. I can see your confusion there.:D

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Piney said:

So he said but I'm not sure if it's sesame street or not he's got none on my block.:lol:

jmccr8 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked