Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Technology in the Past Greater Today's?

Aquila King

The series is so in-depth that rereading gives new insight every time.

Harte

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harte said:

The series is so in-depth that rereading gives new insight every time.

Harte

True that! 

5 hours ago, Harte said:

Biotechnology could be undetectable as long as the plants used were sterile.

Perhaps they grew organic cellphones on eggplant vines.

Harte

That would depend. Saplings pulled together to form a dome shape, woven with vines or small branches, coated with a clay plaster which is mixed with coarse woody debri or straw and inoculated with a mycelium spawn. That could be constructed in a matter of days with additional debri added at intervals to feed the fungal walls.

Telepathy would preclude the necessity for cell phones.

Of course simple structures incorporated into already existing trees would be as easy and equally undetectable at this point.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

That would depend. Saplings pulled together to form a dome shape, woven with vines or small branches, coated with a clay plaster which is mixed with coarse woody debri or straw and inoculated with a mycelium spawn. That could be constructed in a matter of days with additional debri added at intervals to feed the fungal walls.

Telepathy would preclude the necessity for cell phones.

Of course simple structures incorporated into already existing trees would be as easy and equally undetectable at this point.

Not necessarily. When saplings were utilized as part of a wigwam they still leave discolored soil aka "post hole features"

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Not necessarily. When saplings were utilized as part of a wigwam they still leave discolored soil aka "post hole features"

Hence the incorporation of mycelium in the walls on my part to purposefully blur that. :D

Well that and the image in my mind of an early homo sapiens civilization so busy tripping on psilocybin that they didn't notice modern humans taking over...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

ATS is having a bad effect on you, Harte.

Also, eggplant Parmesan is fantastic.

You have had a bad effect on me. Causing me to visit that inferior discussion board again with it's distinctive lack of talented moderators such as the ones here. (Yes I am that obsequious):P

I do concur with your eggplant parmesan assertion.

Edited by Jarocal
Cladking translations are from the natural language.
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Hence the incorporation of mycelium in the walls on my part to purposefully blur that. :D

Well that and the image in my mind of an early homo sapiens civilization so busy tripping on psilocybin that they didn't notice modern humans taking over...

Don't you have something to do?......

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harte said:

The time frame involved in that would be not unlike a typical 30-year mortgage.

But you'd wait quite a while before you could move in to one you're growing, whereas the other you move into before you even own it

Harte

well not if you were an archaic human, mammoths grow relatively fast and could be used as a demountable mobile home and the meat could be eaten.

jmccr8

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Piney said:

Don't you have something to do?......

I am currently slaving away in the salt mines for overtime pay. (Or so the boss thinks):D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

I am currently slaving away in the salt mines for overtime pay. (Or so the boss thinks):D

Perfect! My Shamanic drum came today from Amazon (19.95 including shipping) and I am now putting a curse on your steering shaft seal so you get a icy cold, gooey lap of hydraulic oil. 

• Like 4

Just now, Piney said:

Perfect! My Shamanic drum came today from Amazon (19.95 including shipping) and I am now putting a curse on your steering shaft seal so you get a icy cold, gooey lap of hydraulic oil. 

Ironically that seal was just replaced on the forklift. Was stuck with an old Clarke without sideshift for two days until the part came in. Your shamanic powers are stronger than. You thought. You managed the punishment a week ahead of the perceived sleight and managed it without tools. :wacko:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jarocal said:

Ironically that seal was just replaced on the forklift. Was stuck with an old Clarke without sideshift for two days until the part came in. Your shamanic powers are stronger than. You thought. You managed the punishment a week ahead of the perceived sleight and managed it without tools. :wacko:

:lol: Had that happen to me on the 644. Called the house and had the boss's wife bring me down some fresh clothes. Threw the other ones right in the shop stove. Nomex  pants do burn when they're soaked with enough hydro and diesel. :tu:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jarocal said:

You have had a bad effect on me. Causing me to visit that inferior discussion board again with it's distinctive lack of talented moderators such as the ones here. (Yes I am that obsequious):P

Your comment has been observed and noted. You are awarded brownie points.

(Yes, I am that cheap.)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oniomancer said:

ATS is having a bad effect on you, Harte.

Also, eggplant Parmesan is fantastic.

It's not bad. Note the eggplant is peeled for that dish.

Harte

• Like 1