Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Was Technology in the Past Greater Today's?

Aquila King

Just came across this interesting video and thought of this forum.

(probably already had a million threads of the same general nature on here, but hey, the same could be said of most threads probably)

I'd be interested to hear people's responses (especially the skeptical ones) to the specific things brought up in this video.

Well anyway, if you ask me this question in a more general sense, I'd say no. Not really.

They may perhaps have used different technological techniques so to speak that we are as of yet unaware of, but I doubt that it would be anything nearly as complicated or advanced as the technology we have today.

• Like 1

No, Just more organic skills and a different working knowledge.

• Like 7

What was their space program?

The video's claim that ancient civilizations had nano-technology doesn't match their philosophical concepts. Had they access to nano-technology I imagine their concept of atoms would be much more complete that it was.

• Like 6

I am one of those that believes there have likely been great civilizations with technologies we don't understand yet today, that suffered destruction and its higher forms of knowledge and technologies lost. I also believe in the likelihood of ancient aliens and disasters not understood yet by modern archeologists and geologists.

I consider input from psychic sources that describe the past.

39 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I consider input from psychic sources that describe the past.

Which input? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Piney said:

Which input? 

To derail or not to derail? The end is seen in the beginning with us.

I’ll see if the OP is interested in this angle, first.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

To derail or not to derail? The end is seen in the beginning with us.

I'm not derailing. Your evading....

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Which input? 

A lengthy list of psychically received knowledge from a large number of sources whose names over the decades I can not all bring to the tip of my tongue right now but include Theosophical and Vedic sources and more modern western stuff like Cayce, Lee Carrol, Neil Donald Walsch, Channeling Erik, Metatron and many others.

They all talk of past civilizations like Atlantis and Lemuria and their technologies and downfall in amazing detail that is similar to the point of needing to be addressed. I am aware of the 'they are all copy-cats' theory and after fair consideration do not feel this explanation satisfactorily explains the similarities after studying certain figures in more detail. I believe something mysterious is indeed going on.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Aquila King said:

(probably already had a million threads of the same general nature on here, but hey, the same could be said of most threads probably)

YE GODS!

If only there were some manner of device for searching the archives for already-extant threads, eliminating the need for 87 duplicate threads. But that sort of technology must be far too advanced for humans.

--Jaylemurph  

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Aquila King said:

Just came across this interesting video and thought of this forum.

I'd be interested to hear people's responses (especially the skeptical ones) to the specific things brought up in this video.

Well anyway, if you ask me this question in a more general sense, I'd say no. Not really.

They may perhaps have used different technological techniques so to speak that we are as of yet unaware of, but I doubt that it would be anything nearly as complicated or advanced as the technology we have today.

I would suggest, in the same way I cannot put up a house, but my neighbour the builder cannot teach 30 children integral mathematics, people back then had different skill sets. Some have fallen into the oblivion of “you know, I’m sure I used to know how to do this....”. Just because not everyone can paint like Turner or Rembrandt or compose like Beethoven doesn’t mean they’re from a forgotten age does it? 

Furthermore, when it’s literally your livelihood to create things out of any medium you’re going to both get very good at it and experiment until your innovate the process BUT at the same time keep some of those innovations up your personal sleeve so you can do things others cannot so as to be more appealing to the people with the coin.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

A lengthy list of psychically received knowledge from a large number of sources whose names over the decades I can not all bring to the tip of my tongue right now but include Theosophical and Vedic sources and more modern western stuff like Cayce, Lee Carrol, Neil Donald Walsch, Channeling Erik, Metatron and many others.

They all talk of past civilizations like Atlantis and Lemuria and their technologies and downfall in amazing detail that is similar to the point of needing to be addressed. I am aware of the 'they are all copy-cats' theory and after fair consideration do not feel this explanation satisfactorily explains the similarities after studying certain figures in more detail. I believe something mysterious is indeed going on.

I took some books out of the library by Cayce's Foundation. I'll start a thread and show you had twisted his history of North America is.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Truly amazing. Fraudulent "channelers" who are capable of providing detailed (but inconsistent) information regarding a landform that never existed and whose very name was the result a later disproven paper/concept initially presented in 1864. Certainly the basis for developing an accurate understanding of the human past. Brief outline:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(continent)

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Swede said:

Truly amazing. Fraudulent "channelers" who are capable of providing detailed (but inconsistent) information regarding a landform that never existed and whose very name was the result a later disproven paper/concept initially presented in 1864. Certainly the basis for developing an accurate understanding of the human past. Brief outline:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(continent)

I'm reading up on these shucksters right now Uncle. Prepare for a thread....oh shucksters is short for '**** hucksters'

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm reading up on these shucksters right now Uncle. Prepare for a thread....oh shucksters is short for '**** hucksters'

A balanced 'reading up' doesn't just include reading the criticisms of skeptics. I suggest understanding and considering both sides on any controversial subject.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

A balanced 'reading up' doesn't just include reading the criticisms of skeptics. I suggest understanding and considering both sides on any controversial subject.

Dude, Piney knows his history, so when it comes to “both sides” the man knows his onions. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jaylemurph said:

YE GODS!

If only there were some manner of device for searching the archives for already-extant threads, eliminating the need for 87 duplicate threads. But that sort of technology must be far too advanced for humans.

--Jaylemurph  

donkey-clipart-smart-2.jpg

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Good thing all psychics unanimously agree on this topic, after all, it's not like there's any need for any scientific/archeological evidence beyond the words of psychics right? :rolleyes:

(sorry, Jaylemurph's comment must have rubbed off on me.) :P

In all seriousness papa, again, this is why I don't take the words of any 'teachers' as the gospel truth. I'm not one to completely dismiss anecdotal evidence. I think most skeptic's insistence that personal experience stories hold no value is just flat not true, and I'll be happy to defend this notion as well. To those who are (supposedly) skeptical of all anecdotal evidence, you can read a thorough rebuttal of your claim here: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Page5.htm

However having said that, there is a stark contrast between someone's personal accounts versus some 'grand master' or 'teacher' using their supposed psychic abilities to enlighten others to the truth. One is merely an eyewitness retelling their experience, the other has a worldview and an agenda they wish to convey to others. Of course, if someone were to say, see a ghost or a spirit of some sort, they would undoubtedly believe that they exist as they've experienced it for themselves. However most people who have such experiences (and absolutely all credible eyewitnesses) don't make it their mission to 'enlighten' the public on what they've seen or experienced, and don't go out preaching their worldview out on a street corner. Moreover, eyewitnesses typically don't have to have a full overall understanding or worldview of whatever it is they've experienced. For instance, you can witness a spirit or ghost without knowing anything beyond that experience. In this scenario, you have no worldview beyond the idea that there's life after death. These 'ancient masters' and 'teachers' and veteran 'psychics' you always speak about do have a worldview, and given their title and recognition they do in fact have something to lose. Namely: their recognition and title. This makes their testimonies highly suspect, because it opens the door for any number of biases. In order to keep their recognition and title (and often times money and other forms of power), they'll seek to perpetuate an agenda that seeks to convince people of their high status. Now am I saying all are like that? Of course not. Just simply that the mere fact that that is not only a possibility but a high probability, makes their testimony wholly unreliable. Therefore it's best to simply interview separate individual everyday Joes like you and me who have had eyewitness experiences (such as NDEs and whatever else paranormal) and use their testimonies, rather than rely on supposed 'teachers' with a position of authority who have something to lose.

See? This is my problem with your line of thinking papageorge. You mention over and over on numerous threads that you rely on the accounts of this person and that person and these individuals, but they're all usually people who are not very credible by definition. This is no different then the deeply religious members on here who rely on the words of their sacred texts and the words of their preacher or prophet or whatever. There are thousands upon thousands of supposed 'prophets' who have existed since the dawn of human history, each with their own contradictory messages. Why? Because they each claim to be 'teachers' and 'masters' who know the 'true way', and thus seek to protect and spread their power and title. They are in this sense by definition untrustworthy.

And to link this to the topic of this thread, this problem can lead people to believe all sorts of falsehoods about our own history, based solely off the words of 'divine masters' or whatever.

So please, try to approach spirituality with a more rational and skeptical mindset papa. It hurts the cause of those of us who believe in the existence of the spiritual to have people so ready to follow the 'teachings' of charlatans with reckless abandon.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm reading the book put out by Cayce's followers, not skeptics. and there is nothing correct about North America in it whatsoever.....

• Like 7

Now now, Piney.

He got the "North" part right.

Harte

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

donkey-clipart-smart-2.jpg

Good thing all psychics unanimously agree on this topic, after all, it's not like there's any need for any scientific/archeological evidence beyond the words of psychics right? :rolleyes:

(sorry, Jaylemurph's comment must have rubbed off on me.) :P

In all seriousness papa, again, this is why I don't take the words of any 'teachers' as the gospel truth. I'm not one to completely dismiss anecdotal evidence. I think most skeptic's insistence that personal experience stories hold no value is just flat not true, and I'll be happy to defend this notion as well. To those who are (supposedly) skeptical of all anecdotal evidence, you can read a thorough rebuttal of your claim here: http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/Page5.htm

However having said that, there is a stark contrast between someone's personal accounts versus some 'grand master' or 'teacher' using their supposed psychic abilities to enlighten others to the truth. One is merely an eyewitness retelling their experience, the other has a worldview and an agenda they wish to convey to others. Of course, if someone were to say, see a ghost or a spirit of some sort, they would undoubtedly believe that they exist as they've experienced it for themselves. However most people who have such experiences (and absolutely all credible eyewitnesses) don't make it their mission to 'enlighten' the public on what they've seen or experienced, and don't go out preaching their worldview out on a street corner. Moreover, eyewitnesses typically don't have to have a full overall understanding or worldview of whatever it is they've experienced. For instance, you can witness a spirit or ghost without knowing anything beyond that experience. In this scenario, you have no worldview beyond the idea that there's life after death. These 'ancient masters' and 'teachers' and veteran 'psychics' you always speak about do have a worldview, and given their title and recognition they do in fact have something to lose. Namely: their recognition and title. This makes their testimonies highly suspect, because it opens the door for any number of biases. In order to keep their recognition and title (and often times money and other forms of power), they'll seek to perpetuate an agenda that seeks to convince people of their high status. Now am I saying all are like that? Of course not. Just simply that the mere fact that that is not only a possibility but a high probability, makes their testimony wholly unreliable. Therefore it's best to simply interview separate individual everyday Joes like you and me who have had eyewitness experiences (such as NDEs and whatever else paranormal) and use their testimonies, rather than rely on supposed 'teachers' with a position of authority who have something to lose.

See? This is my problem with your line of thinking papageorge. You mention over and over on numerous threads that you rely on the accounts of this person and that person and these individuals, but they're all usually people who are not very credible by definition. This is no different then the deeply religious members on here who rely on the words of their sacred texts and the words of their preacher or prophet or whatever. There are thousands upon thousands of supposed 'prophets' who have existed since the dawn of human history, each with their own contradictory messages. Why? Because they each claim to be 'teachers' and 'masters' who know the 'true way', and thus seek to protect and spread their power and title. They are in this sense by definition untrustworthy.

And to link this to the topic of this thread, this problem can lead people to believe all sorts of falsehoods about our own history, based solely off the words of 'divine masters' or whatever.

So please, try to approach spirituality with a more rational and skeptical mindset papa. It hurts the cause of those of us who believe in the existence of the spiritual to have people so ready to follow the 'teachings' of charlatans with reckless abandon.

All I do is consider the words of those who I believe after serious consideration may have experienced more than me and form my best personal judgment of what I believe is going on. And you can do the same and form your position which may be rejection/disinterest/whatever. And then we can discuss differences of positions. So, what is wrong with that approach?

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

I'm reading the book put out by Cayce's followers, not skeptics. and there is nothing correct about North America in it whatsoever.....

Well,  I'll give your thread a fair consideration.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So, what is wrong with that approach?

You still believe every story and automatically assume it's paranormal.

• Like 5

Just now, XenoFish said:

You still believe every story and automatically assume it's paranormal.

Not worth addressing.....

As for the main topic. Many of them had a narrow and focused skill set. Our modern techniques are built from. The blacksmith is now the welder and machinist. 1000's of years of screwing up, getting it right, and adapting have broadened our knowledge. Just think about all those people who used to be 'possessed' know we know better. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Not worth addressing.....

You're lucky I responded to you. Considering you're the one who gave terrible advice concerning a woman's ill mother. That's why no one should ever take you seriously. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked