Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ChillTownAVE

Unexplained scratch/claw marks

34 posts in this topic

ChillTownAVE
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Let's get something clear. We tend to get fly-by posters here. Who come in with all kinds of stories. This is just another one. And you're already leaning towards it being paranormal. So it is you who are assuming what it is. That makes the real question, "Why ask us?"

And that is totally fair. However, not everyone is just looking for attention. Believe what you’d like. There are many reasons why I’m asking this question (as I’ve alluded to multiple times). I am in no way leaning towards paranormal activity being involved. I am the first to admit a lot of people will claim ghost over the slightest thing. I just think that there are a lot of coincidences to just explain it away as something nobody would notice, especially the people living there for the past decade. 

• Like 1

papageorge1
6 minutes ago, ChillTownAVE said:

Thanks! I would like to dig a bit deeper into the whole “investigation” stage of things to see if there is in fact spirits in the house. I am toying with the idea of recording in our bedroom while we’re at work and overnight just to gain a bit more clarity on the situation. 

Ya, why not? Some of us think mysteries are fun to fairly and objectively investigate.

XenoFish
1 minute ago, ChillTownAVE said:

I just think that there are a lot of coincidences to just explain it away as something nobody would notice, especially the people living there for the past decade. 

I'll give you an example from my own life. At work there is an alien on the wall paneling. It's just a case of pareidolia. But I've seen that wall 1000's of time, till one day I noticed it. All those hours, days, weeks, and months that have past, then one day there is an 'alien' on the wall. So it's largely a matter of directed perception. I honestly do not care whats happened. I'm just giving my 2 cents worth. 

• Like 1

freetoroam
16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I wonder if our resident skeptics aren't the ones making it up as they go along......story after story

I just don't see the incentive to invent something like this, myself.......maybe once in a while we may get a hoaxer but story after story....??

I am not making anything up as i am not telling a story.

18 minutes ago, ChillTownAVE said:

All I wanted is to give MY side of the story, and fill in more details as questions were brought up

Sorry,  but this is where the doubts start. Some things need bringing up in your OP, it always seems strange when they are added after, especially when suggestions have been made which are not paranormal based. 

There could be numerous reasons how the scratches got there, they do not appear to be very deep and the door has other faint scratch marks on it.....can you now take a picture of the door from a distance so we can see its proximity to any walls and the space near  the door? 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

ChillTownAVE
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I'll give you an example from my own life. At work there is an alien on the wall paneling. It's just a case of pareidolia. But I've seen that wall 1000's of time, till one day I noticed it. All those hours, days, weeks, and months that have past, then one day there is an 'alien' on the wall. So it's largely a matter of directed perception. I honestly do not care whats happened. I'm just giving my 2 cents worth. 

And I appreciate your response! That is certainly one of the possibilities. I try to be perceptive to my surroundings, and the fact that four other people haven’t noticed such prevelant markings has caused me to think of other possibilities. Thank you for your input, though. It is something to consider for sure. As well as maybe one of the stands nicking the door as well. Those two possibilities seem unlikely to ME, but I know those are also possible reasons. I definitely do want to investigate things a bit more, just to put my curiosities to rest. At the same time, ignoring it might be just as well.

i feel like a lot of paranormal stories are just that, stories. There’s not much evidence behind them and people tend to over exaggerate without having conclusive proof. This photo is in no way conclusive evidence. But I think documenting and recording can do some good for the people who may be skeptical (heck, I myself find some stories very hard to believe). 

SecretSanta

freetoroam
23 minutes ago, ChillTownAVE said:

And I appreciate your response! That is certainly one of the possibilities. I try to be perceptive to my surroundings, and the fact that four other people haven’t noticed such prevelant markings has caused me to think of other possibilities. Thank you for your input, though. It is something to consider for sure. As well as maybe one of the stands nicking the door as well. Those two possibilities seem unlikely to ME, but I know those are also possible reasons. I definitely do want to investigate things a bit more, just to put my curiosities to rest. At the same time, ignoring it might be just as well.

i feel like a lot of paranormal stories are just that, stories. There’s not much evidence behind them and people tend to over exaggerate without having conclusive proof. This photo is in no way conclusive evidence. But I think documenting and recording can do some good for the people who may be skeptical (heck, I myself find some stories very hard to believe). 

The problem we tend to have on here is it does not help when the second reply you recieved was implying paranormal events, we have no idea about the size of the door or what it is near or around it, without more details like that, jumping straight into the paranormal route and you replying to it to the extent of it being a possibilty, is frustrating for those looking for the logical explanation. 

Could you possibly supply a picture of the door taken at a distance?

Let me give you an example...i have an engine room with a door, the space is very tight and i do not know what the scratch marks on it look like individually, but i walk through that door several times a day and i know it has scratch marks, some are deep, some, just like the ones on your door (not the 4 you are mentioning) are faint. 

GlitterRose

Looks like Hebrew, so it was probably done on purpose.  

I suspect a prank.

Edited by ChaosRose

rhysinspire

Is it me OR do they look like Roman numerals?

1 I 11 XI
2 II 12 XII
3 III 13 XIII
4 IV 14 XIV
5 V 15 XV
6 VI 16 XVI
7 VII 17 XVII
8 VIII 18 XVIII
9 IX 19 XIX
10 X 20 XX

1511? or 411?

I'm a Malaysian and when we see something that resembles numbers from the paranormal world... we head to the nearest lottery shop to buy numbers! :D