Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Time traveler' shows a photo from the future

Still Waters

The unknown 'time traveller' - whose face is blurred, presumably to save him embarrassment - claims he has a lot to tell us about our future, saying that in four millennia humans have found the cure for cancer and are now governed by artificial intelligence.

He knows that we're likely to be sceptical, so he's brought us a form of evidence: a printed photo of a futuristic city which he takes out of his jacket pocket.

http://www.ladbible.com/news/viral-time-traveller-claims-to-have-brought-us-a-photo-from-the-year-6000-20180118

• Like 7

The future has really crappy cameras, I suppose. 

• Like 8

Surprisingly, the guy gets pretty emotional later on in the video as he admits he wasn't alone when he was sent into the future, going along with a friend who unfortunately couldn't make the trip back with him.

Oh dear. I assume the police and the friends family are looking for him....in the wrong place, sorry, in the wrong time?

Any chance we can see the missing persons report?

The photo is so blurry it's understandable if you probably think it's a load of b******s. But apparently there's a very good reason for this.

"In the time travel process pictures tend to get distorted, as well as many other things," the man says. Well, that's convenient.

Lol, yep very convenient.

So man has found the cure for cancer and humans are governed by A.I and yet they did not manage to give him something to.bring back which need not get distorted, like errrr....the cure for cancer?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 8

Well either someone has read a lot of scifi and picked out all the popular time travel issues to make this video, or scifi writers got a lot of stuff incredibly right. 

A piece of Rendalsham, a chunk of Philadephia experiment, throw in a dash of Hutchison effect, stir it all up in a pot of Terminator and heated with Butterfly effect and served with a side of Travellers and Downsizing. I heard so many references to tv and movies and fringe I can't pick them all out. It was like a radio collage where you have to guess the name of the movie to win a prize.

So if you went to the future and it was good why would you come back? To tell us about it and possibly change that future? Hmmm kinda doubt it. Mildly entertaining though.

• Like 3

He thought all this through. He claimed photographs get distorted during time travel. He claimed this test program was in the1990's. So why didn't he take a digital photograph? Well, because they didn't have digital photographs until 1995. And rest assured, if someone asked him, it would have happened before 1995. At least my analysis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

He's no Kyle Reese :td:

And he does not drive a  DeLorean DMC-12 

:td::td::td:

• Like 8

It's all a nice bit of escapism, but it seems like a big load of effort to build a time machine to go to the future. You could always just stick a Muse CD on.

From the article....:lol:

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

cad.jpg

Woohoo....will you help me with my luggage,

loads-of-suitcases2.jpg

I thought i would bring along a few souvenirs from the past.

• Like 8

good comment under the vid:

lol i barely see people print physical photos in 2018... and you expect me to believe that they will have a resurgence in 4 thousand years from now?

• Like 9

:lol:  read the comments UNDER the vid on youtube....nobody believes him

to get there see the vid in the OP link and just click on the title to take you to youtube

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, seeder said:

But the friend he went with believes him....all we have to do is wait 4000 years to ask him.

• Like 4

I frequently chat with a friend who is in Singapore, which is 12 hours ahead of me here in California.

Every once in a while I will ask him... "hey bud... remind me again, which of us is the time traveler in this conversation?"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seeder said:

to get there see the vid in the OP link and just click on the title to take you to youtube

2.7 million views, 'mission' accomplished. 

• Like 3

You know the problem with all this time travel stuff. They never bring back something useful. Like medical information or some type of future tech that could fix up the now. No. They take photos.

• Like 5

So what's the cure for cancer, then?

This is information we could actually use...so...put up or shut up. 

• Like 5

"In the time travel process pictures tend to get distorted, as well as many other things,"

Hmmm.... "many other things"...  like your brain?   Time travel must be really hard on the brain. 

Edited by Grandpa Greenman
quote is from the article.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Hmmm.... "many other things"...  like your brain?   Time travel must be really hard on the brain. 

That was not my quote...i quoted that from the link.

Here is the end bit

the man says. Well, that's convenient.

Edited by freetoroam

16 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

That was not my quote...i quoted that from the link.

Here is the end bit

I just meant to copy what the guy said, I didn't realize it had copied your link as well.  Sorry...   I fix it. :)

Edited by Grandpa Greenman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

I just meant to copy what the guy said, I didn't realize it had copied your link as well.  Sorry...   

Thats ok....easily rectified with a double whiskey and coke with one piece of ice please, 

• Like 4

Just now, freetoroam said:

Thats ok....easily rectified with a double whiskey and coke with one piece of ice please, 

You got it, good buddy.  ;)

• Like 3

I'd  be interested in someone analyzing his body language.  He has an odd way of moving about, wondering if that indicates deception....not that I'm buying this for minute...lol