Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
rashore

What ya got cooking UM?

360 posts in this topic

Daughter of the Nine Moons
17 minutes ago, Blue Star said:

Could also add a dash or two of balsamic' to the roasting tomatoes.

Balsamic has been added!

• Like 1

Desertrat56

Frijoles con carnitas, beans with pork marinated in red chile.

• Like 2

Overdueleaf

i was asked to make fried chicken sandwiches for dinner this week. I decided to mix it up and insteaded of brining with the usual mixture of herbs and spices, i emptied some stuff out of my fridge. Sooo the chicken breasts have been butterflied and are now soaking in a  mixture of leftover pickle juice, kung pao sauce, spicy thai peanut sauce, and loads of minced garlic and onion. I will also try some new seasonings with the flour mixture. Not sure as to what yet though guess I will be like my father and make it up as i go along....lol Goodness I hope it turns out ok....lol

• Like 2

Overdueleaf

The chicken was just amazing. I think i threw in a bit of everything in the flour mixture including ground mustard, turmeric, cumin, paprika, rubbed sage, thyme, a bit of seasoning salt, garlic powder, a type of chicken seasoning, cinnamon, and a sweet and Smokey dry rub. 

Truly the most flavor packed chicken sandwich ive ever had

Edited by Overdueleaf
  • Like 1

Desertrat56
On 10/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, Overdueleaf said:

i was asked to make fried chicken sandwiches for dinner this week. I decided to mix it up and insteaded of brining with the usual mixture of herbs and spices, i emptied some stuff out of my fridge. Sooo the chicken breasts have been butterflied and are now soaking in a  mixture of leftover pickle juice, kung pao sauce, spicy thai peanut sauce, and loads of minced garlic and onion. I will also try some new seasonings with the flour mixture. Not sure as to what yet though guess I will be like my father and make it up as i go along....lol Goodness I hope it turns out ok....lol

I thought I was the only one who does that.  I started using recipe's when I was 8 and my mom told me since I now know how to read and understand fractions I can cook anything I like.  But we didn't always have the ingredients so there was a lot of experimentation and now I don't use receipe's.  I have the basic cookie dough recipe and the bread recipe memorized and I add stuff to those all the time.

• Like 1

Daughter of the Nine Moons

Today I'm going to make a walnut rum cake and pumpkin pie for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner. I will also be prepping the stuffing and vegetables.

• Like 3

Scholar4Truth
On 10/13/2019 at 11:27 AM, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Today I'm going to make a walnut rum cake and pumpkin pie for tomorrow's Thanksgiving dinner. I will also be prepping the stuffing and vegetables.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Canadians! 

SecretSanta

It’s a stormy, blustery, chilly night...perfect for the potato soup and cheddar bay biscuits I made. Dutch apple pie for dessert. 

• Like 2

Overdueleaf
5 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

It’s a stormy, blustery, chilly night...perfect for the potato soup and cheddar bay biscuits I made. Dutch apple pie for dessert. 

this deserves about a million likes

• Like 2

Blue Star

Spinach, sun-dried tomato and egg pasta spirals boil up in a pan of sea salt, boiling water for 5 mins'.

Cut a chicken breast into strips, fried off in a deep frying pan with a dollop of melted Welsh butter. Till cooked through.

Add some sun-dried tomatoes to taste, that have been preserved in oil, cut into smallish pieces.

Add a handful of fresh, torn, basil leaves and parsley.

When pasta is just about to be cooked but not quite, 5 min's. Drain most of the water off and add to the deep frying pan, chicken mix. 

cook for a further 1 to 2 mins.

Then top with some double cream to taste, doesn't need that much. This creates a wonderfully rich sauce.

Serve in a large pasta bowl.

Sprinkled with a tad of freshly ground black pepper.

Quick, easy, simple and delicious.

* Can add olives if you wish.

Edited by Blue Star
  • Like 1