Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Government shutdown begins

Tiggs

The US government has begun a federal shutdown after the Senate failed to agree on a new budget.

Despite last minute bipartisan meetings, the bill to fund the government until 16 February did not receive the required 60 votes.

Source: New York Times

• Like 4

Well, it was a tremendous **** show. 

Did anyone not expect it?

• Like 7

Is this a Swamp Manoeuvre to provide the rabid MSM with negative headlines like...
''''exactly one year after the inauguration there's a Government shutdown blah blah blah --- ''''  ?

Edited by bee
  • Like 7

Ha! All the regulars, I see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Well, it was a tremendous **** show. 

Did anyone not expect it?

21 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Ha! All the regulars, I see.

Yep

• Like 5

At least our color scheme is good together.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

At least our color scheme is good together.

how very aesthetic of you to notice ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bee said:

how very aesthetic of you to notice ;)

She’s a reptilian of taste.

• Like 5

I watched the entire 50 odd minutes of the Trump arranged public DEM / Rep meeting on Daca / Border Security / immigration. Such much **** licking in one meeting but never-mind.

At that meeting it was clearly put toTrump that it needed 3 to tango in this instance the President the Dems and the Reps - he the President stated on 3 occasions at least - that if they brought him a bipartisan bill he would sign it.

They did, he didn't. 

• Like 2

Republicans own all three branches of the government and they're blaming Democrats for the shut down? I hate this time line. 

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Krater said:

92% of Republicans voted in favor of the measure that would have avoided a shutdown.

88% of Democrats voted against the measure.

With Republicans having 51 seats and needing 60 votes, there is no way they could do it on their own.

It is blatantly obvious who is to blame. ;)

Is your name Acosta?

Nope. It's me putting you on ignore. I gave up trying to have educated discussions with Trump voters. You refuse to see reality and are therefore not worth the effort anymore. Nothing Trump does or says, matters to you. Only stickinit to the dems. Call me a snowflake, creating an echo chamber, whatever you like. I call it peace of mind where I can read the thoughts of other likewise rational people. Have a good life regardless of how much shorter Trump is making it.

Hank

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hankenhunter said:

Nope. It's me putting you on ignore. I gave up trying to have educated discussions with Trump voters. You refuse to see reality and are therefore not worth the effort anymore. Nothing Trump does or says, matters to you. Only stickinit to the dems. Call me a snowflake, creating an echo chamber, whatever you like. I call it peace of mind where I can read the thoughts of other likewise rational people. Have a good life regardless of how much shorter Trump is making it.

Hank

I did not vote for Trump. Nice try.

I did not vote for Hillary the Crook, either.

Math? Facts? Too much?

Keep walking. ;)

Edited by Krater
  • Like 4

So let me get this right, the Dems are willing to hurt a lot of people, for people who are here illegally. Trump backed off the wall, but Dems wont give an inch. Cant wait to see how this turns out for them. lol

• Like 9

3 hours ago, RAyMO said:

I watched the entire 50 odd minutes of the Trump arranged public DEM / Rep meeting on Daca / Border Security / immigration. Such much **** licking in one meeting but never-mind.

At that meeting it was clearly put toTrump that it needed 3 to tango in this instance the President the Dems and the Reps - he the President stated on 3 occasions at least - that if they brought him a bipartisan bill he would sign it.

They did, he didn't. 

The media will still say it's his fault anyway.

1 hour ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

Unless there's some history between the two of you, all he did was tell the facts.  60 votes are needed to pass the funding bill, the R's only have 51 votes and ~90% of the D's voted no in a political statement to support illegal immigration.  What needs to happen is for new laws to be made exclusive in such a way that non-relevant items cannot be tacked on to them.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, RAyMO said:

They did, he didn't. 

54 minutes ago, Wickian said:

Read again RAyMO's post, he's saying it is Trump's fault.

2 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

I don't vote. Have not since Ross Perot. Never vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Not to mention, corrupt Government.

With that being said, I am non bios, and it is obvious the Democrats shut down the Government. Does it matter? Who does this ****?

We need a revolution.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Parsec said:

Read again RAyMO's post, he's saying it is Trump's fault.

Misread that last part while speed reading the page.  My mistake.

Honestly even though the media will claim its the end of the world, government shut down isn't really a shut down. Around 90% of the government will still function just fine. People will still get their SS checks, the military will still be funded. This is a show to see which side can scare their base more while blaming the other side. I say, shut it down. Good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wickian said:

Unless there's some history between the two of you, all he did was tell the facts.  60 votes are needed to pass the funding bill, the R's only have 51 votes and ~90% of the D's voted no in a political statement to support illegal immigration.  What needs to happen is for new laws to be made exclusive in such a way that non-relevant items cannot be tacked on to them.

That was a funny exchange. Those two were talking like they have a long history. I’m reading thinking I don’t recognize either and they don’t have a 100 posts between them. 

Anyways, I can’t wait for the Democrats to kick off their mid term campaigns. They prioritize the exact opposite of what the country needs. They put Americans second and fuel the country with identity politics and racism.

Their platform is consideration for American citizens comes second, anti-white, anti-prosperity, racism soft and blatant, high taxes and deceit. Sadly, they’ll still pull in millions of votes across the board.

• Like 5

Though I will say this, to blame Trump for this is absolutely ridiculous. The dems literally are demanding Trump commit political suicide, and legalize 800,000 new democrat voters. He would lose half (at least) of his base.

What's really funny is watching how the wind changes direction so fast in Washington. It was just 5 years ago Shoomy called republicans terrorists for shutting down the government. Even went as far as to say something like 'imagine democrats shut the government down over illegal immigration. The budget is too important, and we would never do that' lol

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Honestly even though the media will claim its the end of the world, government shut down isn't really a shut down. Around 90% of the government will still function just fine. People will still get their SS checks, the military will still be funded. This is a show to see which side can scare their base more while blaming the other side. I say, shut it down. Good.

I caught Beck for a brief minute yesterday and he kept repeating the core issue of a shut down.

Non-essential services.

NON-essential services.

NON-ESSENTIAL services.

NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES!

If they're not essential do we even need them?  

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I caught Beck for a brief minute yesterday and he kept repeating the core issue of a shut down.

Non-essential services.

NON-essential services.

NON-ESSENTIAL services.

NON-ESSENTIAL SERVICES!

If they're not essential do we even need them?  

Exactly. Its why we wont be hearing any actual details of this from MSM. It will just allow them to continue their chicken little play.

• Like 2