Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
I'mConvinced

God is cruel

747 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'mConvinced

If it is to be believed that God created the Heavens and the Earth, and all things, then I propose it is a sadist of the highest order.  Let us first imagine that we are Gods and we wished to create a new life form and environment for it to live in.  Our goal for this life form is for it to grow, evolve, learn and eventually become a part of our world once it has reached an appropriate level of development/understanding (join us in 'heaven').   So we start by creating a nursery (Earth) and all the things to support it (The universe).  If we now wanted our creation to succeed we would nurture it, provide it sustenance and a protective environment in which to grow and evolve.  Let us now look at what God actually did:

1. It made our environment particularly harsh, challenging and random.  Natural disasters, disease and plague, viruses, other predatory species to name but a few.

2. It created many, many different lifeforms and then destroyed almost all of them by hurling meteors and invoking massive climate change.  It did this sort of thing at least 5 times that we know of.  A bit like starting a new game of Civilisation.

3. It (supposedly) provided many different scraps of information regarding our purpose here without ever leaving any actual clear instruction.  It refuses to clear up this confusion even when we are killing ourselves in wars over it.  This isn't even something man could sort out for himself.

4. It created a world where you are more likely to die as a child than an adult and if so probably in a horrific way - war, starvation, disease, failed childbirth etc.

5. It refuses to provide any ongoing support for modern issues - heck, even Microsoft has better support for it's old OS's.

If God was benevolent and caring then I don't see the need for the above conditions to exist.  If however God was cruel (or at least indifferent to our suffering) and running an experiment, one in which it did not care for its subject but rather only the outcome, then it might make more sense.  If God didn't care then wars, plagues and all of the horrors on offer make much more sense - it wants life to be hard, to be a struggle, to end viciously for some and not for others.  It would explain the lack of fairness, the lack of care for those too young to even understand a concept of God let alone work towards knowing it before they die.

If you think God is a caring and loving God then what has lead you to this conclusion?  

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 hour ago, I'mConvinced said:

It refuses to clear up this confusion

 

Quote

 

Foreword

IN THE MINDS of the mortals of Urantia—that being the name of your world—there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity. Human beings are still more confused and uncertain about the relationships of the divine personalities designated by these numerous appellations. Because of this conceptual poverty associated with so much ideational confusion, I have been directed to formulate this introductory statement in explanation of the meanings which should be attached to certain word symbols as they may be hereinafter used in those papers which the Orvonton corps of truth revealers have been authorized to translate into the English language of Urantia.

http://bigbluebook.org/

 

 

Humans are the ones who are cruel, not God. He has given us life and a world to live on. We are tasked with the job of reacting to this life correctly. If this occurs then life will include the great meaning and purpose that's available which is otherwise lost in obscurity. 

If you're fair, you should open your mind to the possibility of having what God intends for you to be happy and fullfilled.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
32 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

 

Humans are the ones who are cruel, not God. He has given us life and a world to live on. We are tasked with the job of reacting to this life correctly. If this occurs then life will include the great meaning and purpose that's available which is otherwise lost in obscurity. 

If you're fair, you should open your mind to the possibility of having what God intends for you to be happy and fullfilled.

 

 

We are made in God's image are we not? (Supposedly)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

We are made in God's image are we not? (Supposedly)

 

We are God's children, and if we decide to become more and more like him, then we will grow up and be much more than an image.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
27 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

We are God's children, and if we decide to become more and more like him, then we will grow up and be much more than an image.

 

 

You're missing the point. We are exactly like god already. Both kind and cruel, love and hate, good and evil. 

Edited by XenoFish
Stupid auto correct.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You're missing the point. We are exactly like god already. Both kind and gruel, love and hate, good and evil. 

 

"there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity."

 

When you once and for all determine the truth of the aforementioned, you'll have taken the first step towards becoming clear in what we are all tasked to do. To grow up in a greater understanding of God and the truth of our destiny as his children. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

 

"there exists great confusion respecting the meaning of such terms as God, divinity, and deity."

 

When you once and for all determine the truth of the aforementioned, you'll have taken the first step towards becoming clear in what we are all tasked to do. To grow up in a greater understanding of God and the truth of our destiny as his children. 

 

 

Which god? What faith? Who determines the meaning of such things? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Which god? What faith? Who determines the meaning of such things? 

 

There is only one true God, the Father of all.

The faith that is true to who he is and who we are, his children. 

You, like all of us, are tasked with determining the meaning and purpose of all of this. It's within where the source of true guidance exists.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
Just now, Will Due said:

 

There is only one true God, the Father of all.

The faith that is true to who he is and who we are, his children. 

You, like all of us, are tasked with determining the meaning and purpose of all of this. It's within where the source of true guidance exists.

 

 

How do we know there is a 'one true god'?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How do we know there is a 'one true god'?

Because he said so.:lol:

jmccr8 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

I am not a believer in a god, so if i am to look at what is cruel on this planet, i would have to say it is man.

Man created the idea of a god for numerous reasons and one of those reasons was (IMO) to tell the cruel men that there is a higher....unseen (always works when you are trying to scare someone) being,  which is watching their every move.

Why would man need to try this tactic? Because we know that we can not blame parents all the time when one of their children turns out to be evil. 

As for the wraths of nature....well, thats nature and the way it works, the is nothing cruel about it, if man gets hurt by it, it can be down to being in the right or wrong place at the  wrong time and it can be down to his ignorance, one example is  we have seen man build in areas he should not be, and as the human population keeps growing, so the concrete keeps pouring.

So the moral is, there is a greater power than man, it is nature, and trying to create your own higher power is not going to be your salvation against  the forces when they pop up. 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
23 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You're missing the point. We are exactly like god already. Both kind and gruel, love and hate, good and evil. 

Yes god is the reflection of man, and man did not use mud or any part of this earth to form his body but was formed with the breath of man.

jmccr8 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

How do we know there is a 'one true god'?

 

You will know when you honestly seek for him, because you are his child and God, who is your Father, will not keep you in suspense. But if you keep insisting on doubting the truth of this, then he will keep allowing you to wander in your doubt because it is only through your free will choice to accept sonship with him that he can act on your behalf. He will not force you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
12 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

You will know when you honestly seek for him, because you are his child and God, who is your Father, will not keep you in suspense. But if you keep insisting on doubting the truth of this, then he will keep allowing you to wander in your doubt because it is only through your free will choice to accept sonship with him that he can act on your behalf. He will not force you.

 

 

Hi Will,

I'm pretty sure that all people that believe in god believe that that god is the one true god and some will kill to preserve their faith in their god.

jmccr8 

Edited by jmccr8
Fat fingers or the devil made me do it
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due

 

What's cruel is when a child denies his Father, rejects his gifts, rejects him and his purposes and mocks him instead.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi Will,

I'm pretty sure that all people that believe in god believe that that god it the one true god and some will kill to preserve their faith in their god.

jmccr8 

 

And then there are those who would kill God, if they could, because it suits them.

For those, it's what they're identified with.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GoldenWolf
3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

And then there are those who would kill God, if they could, because it suits them.

For those, it's what they're identified with.

 

 

You better bet on that:

the-prison-of-death-30-638.jpg?cb=144191

Analogy:

acteon.jpg

Edited by Mystic Crusader
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
1 minute ago, Will Due said:

 

What's cruel is when a child denies his Father, rejects his gifts, rejects him and his purposes and mocks him instead.

 

 

Will,

Do you think that questioning something is mocking? No one questions your right to believe and for the most part they do not mock your faith. We are discussing a subject that has no physical presence, it is to be expected that there will be questions and critisms.

jmccr8 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, Mystic Crusader said:

You better bet on that:

the-prison-of-death-30-638.jpg?cb=144191

acteon.jpg

 

That's not toilet paper.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

And then there are those who would kill God, if they could, because it suits them.

For those, it's what they're identified with.

 

 

Maybe but not any in this forum.

jmccr8 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Will,

Do you think that questioning something is mocking? No one questions your right to believe and for the most part they do not mock your faith. We are discussing a subject that has no physical presence, it is to be expected that there will be questions and critisms.

jmccr8 

 

You have a physical presence. God is spirit. In order to see and know God, who he is and who we are, his children, you must birth yourself in the spirit. Then coinciding with this second birth, your spiritual eyes will begin to grow.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Maybe but not any in this forum.

jmccr8 

 

Perhaps you're one of those who is "painfully optimistic" as one of the forum members has expressed in another thread.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
17 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

What's cruel is when a child denies his Father, rejects his gifts, rejects him and his purposes and mocks him instead.

 

 

Not all fathers are worthy of admiration. A cruel, demanding, and unloving father is in ill need of adoration.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Perhaps you're one of those who is "painfully optimistic" as one of the forum members has expressed in another thread.

 

 

Next time sharpen the stick up before you poke it at someone Will.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jmccr8
6 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

You have a physical presence. God is spirit. In order to see and know God, who he is and who we are, his children, you must birth yourself in the spirit. Then coinciding with this second birth, your spiritual eyes will begin to grow.

 

 

Will

My spirit is a force, one that is not easily deterred and is expressed through my physical presence.

jmccr8 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.