Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is cruel

I'mConvinced

Just switch the 'g' and the 'd' and we can all go get a beer ...

~

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Just switch the 'g' and the 'd' and we can all go get a beer ...

~

Who's paying? Dog?

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 3

On 1/20/2018 at 7:02 AM, I'mConvinced said:

If it is to be believed that God created the Heavens and the Earth, and all things, then I propose it is a sadist of the highest order.  Let us first imagine that we are Gods and we wished to create a new life form and environment for it to live in.  Our goal for this life form is for it to grow, evolve, learn and eventually become a part of our world once it has reached an appropriate level of development/understanding (join us in 'heaven').   So we start by creating a nursery (Earth) and all the things to support it (The universe).  If we now wanted our creation to succeed we would nurture it, provide it sustenance and a protective environment in which to grow and evolve.  Let us now look at what God actually did:

1. It made our environment particularly harsh, challenging and random.  Natural disasters, disease and plague, viruses, other predatory species to name but a few.

2. It created many, many different lifeforms and then destroyed almost all of them by hurling meteors and invoking massive climate change.  It did this sort of thing at least 5 times that we know of.  A bit like starting a new game of Civilisation.

3. It (supposedly) provided many different scraps of information regarding our purpose here without ever leaving any actual clear instruction.  It refuses to clear up this confusion even when we are killing ourselves in wars over it.  This isn't even something man could sort out for himself.

4. It created a world where you are more likely to die as a child than an adult and if so probably in a horrific way - war, starvation, disease, failed childbirth etc.

5. It refuses to provide any ongoing support for modern issues - heck, even Microsoft has better support for it's old OS's.

If God was benevolent and caring then I don't see the need for the above conditions to exist.  If however God was cruel (or at least indifferent to our suffering) and running an experiment, one in which it did not care for its subject but rather only the outcome, then it might make more sense.  If God didn't care then wars, plagues and all of the horrors on offer make much more sense - it wants life to be hard, to be a struggle, to end viciously for some and not for others.  It would explain the lack of fairness, the lack of care for those too young to even understand a concept of God let alone work towards knowing it before they die.

If you think God is a caring and loving God then what has lead you to this conclusion?  

Imagine you’ve died and gone to heaven. (You can even skip the whole dying part if it makes you uneasy…) What would that be like? Probably really great, what with it being heaven and all. No bad stuff, of course. No pain or suffering. Nothing ugly or dirty allowed. It would be perfect! Everything would revolve around you, catering to your merest whim. Success would immediately follow anything you set your hand to. As soon as you desired a thing to become so, it would spring into existence. And oh yeah! It would be ETERNAL. You need never fear the future again. Wow…just think about it!

Now think about it some more. Really get into it until you feel the horror begin to seep in around the edges. Perfect. Easy. Forever

Heaven sounds a bit… well, I guess “hellish” would be the word.

Well, wait a minute! Who says heaven has to be boring? We could let some ugliness come in. Just for theatrical purposes right? Helps us appreciate all that beauty and stuff. And maybe we could make an adventure out it. Hide some obstacles here and there just to keep us on our toes and add some interest. Maybe even a few monsters and bugaboos to boost the intensity. We’d better throw some pain and anguish into the mix too, lest our triumphs and victories feel a little flat. We would also need a virtual-reality type immersion so that we actually believe the challenges are real and important. Oh yeah! There’s one other little detail we would need to implement. It’s small but super-important. There needs to be a mechanism to let us take a break once in awhile. Just to come up for air and organize our thoughts. Touch base with Reality. Of course, we’ll need to keep what happens during those breaks an absolute mystery or the whole heavenly masquerade will fall apart.

And where’s the fun in that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Argon said:

Who's paying? Dog?

We haven't been introduced yet ... does it wag the tail or does the tail wag it ?

~

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If no one can comprehend it. Then no one can know anything about it. Not its will, wishes, or desires. Anyone who says they know is simple putting their own wants in the place of 'god'.

So you postulate that God's will is different from your own?

4 minutes ago, Perdurabo said:

And where’s the fun in that?

Toby has the keys ...

~

[00.03:09]

~

2 minutes ago, Perdurabo said:

Indifferent I believe is the point of contention at present ...

~

Edited by third_eye
double post bypass

2 minutes ago, Perdurabo said:

What if there isn't a will at all? I mention earlier about a blind idiot god unaware of its own existence. Everything could just simply be. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Toby has the keys ...

Thanks! Always loved that bit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

We haven't been introduced yet ... does it wag the tail or does the tail wag it ?

~

Dunno.. but if i wish to throw the dog out through the window i would catch him at the tail and made a manouver.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 2

A belief in a god or higher power seems a psychological question. You have the child looking up at the parents. The mother figure, the father figure. Its all the child knows.This idea of a higher form of authority is imprinted on the child. And it doesn't leave. It is replaced by a god. It provides the mind peace knowing things will eventually be ok. Its an illusion.

I gotta go to work. Please god let me win the lottery. There see?  I feel better all ready

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, khol said:

This idea of a higher form of authority is imprinted on the child. And it doesn't leave. It is replaced by a god.

Or with the Mao Zedong.

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

Is there such a thing as non-existance...nothingness?

Non-being Used to express the condition of things in pralaya, preceding manifestation. It corresponds to the Sanskrit asat, while sat corresponds to Being. Yet both non-being and a-sat are frequently used for non-existence. It is philosophically questionable to bracket non-being with the Absolute, or again to bracket Absolute with Being (though the latter is often justifiable) as the words absolute, being, and non-being do not correspond to infinity; for Absolute corresponds to the Sanskrit mukti or moksha, that which is freed from manifested existence; whereas infinitude comprehends both nonmanifestation and manifestation, being and non-being, sat and asat, the absolute and the bound. One of the best correspondences to infinity is the term coined by Blavatsky: Be-ness, or pure abstract attributeless esse.

Non-being signifies the condition of the universe during pralaya, and the spiritual principles of the universe may then be said to be in their absolute condition or state, or in paranirvana; equally being in its most abstract sense can correspond to absolute. Hence it is correct to use non-being as the state of high spirituality of a being or entity in paranirvana; thus the phrase “the bliss of non-being.”

------------------------------

-source-

Edited by Mr. Argon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

What makes you think you know what God is when it probably doesn't even know what itself is.

Once you figure out who you are, you'll know too.

29 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Once you figure out who you are, you'll know too.

So if someone a murderous psychopath, then god is as well? 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sometimes, when a person asks idiotic questions like this, they unwittingly become like these kind of questions they ask about God. 

Ever notice?

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Sometimes, when a person asks idiotic questions like this, they unwittingly become like these kind of questions they ask about God. 

Ever notice?

What I do notice is that it propagates after a person makes idiotic claims that elicits relevant questions shaped by the idiotic clams in the first place ...

~

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

What I do notice is that it propagates after a person makes idiotic claims that elicits relevant questions shaped by the idiotic clams in the first place ...

~

Anyone who makes idiotic clams that God is an idiot, well, that person is certainly an idiot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Anyone who makes idiotic clams that God is an idiot, well, that person is certainly an idiot.

Don't you mean that god is the idiot here that made the idiot claim that god is an idiot ?

~

• Like 5

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Don't you mean that god is the idiot here that made the idiot claim that god is an idiot ?

~

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

It was a honest question based on a claim. Its not rocket surgery. lol

• Like 2

Again I will ask you. If a person knows themselves and they are a murderer, is god not a murder as well? 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Do not be an "idiot", ofcourse it means god is aswell  if we go by their 'logic'  :lol:

• Like 2

'Sometimes' ?

You made the idiotic claim, I question your idiocy ... I was unwittingly questioning your witting unwitting  ?

~

Just now, XenoFish said:

Again I will ask you. If a person knows themselves and they are a murder, is god not a murder as well? 

The answer to your question will be found when you perform surgery on a rocket.

• The topic was locked