Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is cruel

I'mConvinced

1 minute ago, rashore said:

Oh goodness folks, stop with the petty bickering please. The subject of the topic can be discussed in a nice and courteous manner.

Only if we can get clear cut, to the point answers worthy of discussion. Which would be nice for a change. 

• Like 1

Just now, Aquila King said:

Of course you aren't arguing. You're simply asserting. That's all you ever do.

One assertion begets another then.

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

One assertion begets another then.

You don't back anything you say up, nor do you use any logic to justify it.

If that isn't an assertion then nothing is.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Only if we can get clear cut, to the point answers worthy of discussion. Which would be nice for a change. 

Or you all could just abide by the site rules and moderation request. That would be nice too. Otherwise if the petty attacking bickering continues, the behavior could get the thread closed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I'mConvinced said:

Like I said, your information is so far out of date and you are too ignorant and/or arrogant to look at the more recent studies.  You actually couldn't be more wrong in your assessment but what is the point in discussing it? Your mind is already made up and is stuck in patterns of outdated thinking from the 70's and 80's.

*Edit* Oh well, lets have a go anyway:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3447048/

Indeed, and an important part is if a parent is hitting, or caning a child, hundreds of times or well into college age they are using their children as punching bags for unexpressed anger, maybe they can fear monger the child into believing this is loving behavior. But in reality, It is a parent that has lost the capacity for empathy and compassion. Now that we know better, we do better. 

People in their right mind don't lovingly hit, cane small children, or advocate it in any form, they find non violent ways to teach, to settle conflicts. When a child is repeatedly told they are loved as they are being hit or caned this teaches a child to misconstrue violence as educational, and misconstrue violence as love. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

Or you all could just abide by the site rules and moderation request. That would be nice too. Otherwise if the petty attacking bickering continues, the behavior could get the thread closed.

Ok. I will respect that.

See you all later, my freinds.

• Like 1

Yeah, you're right. This conversation was going nowhere fast anyway.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rashore said:

Oh goodness folks, stop with the petty bickering please. The subject of the topic can be discussed in a nice and courteous manner.

Ah just having a bit of fun. 

I am being really nice...look at the gift i just gave Will.....and not even a thankyou from him!  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Ah just having a bit of fun. 

I am being really nice...look at the gift i just gave Will.....and not even a thankyou from him!  

Sorry, I've been busy batting foul balls.

Thank you for your gift. I can always use a good pair of walking shoes.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

foul balls.

Are you watching baseball?

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Thank you for your gift. I can always use a good pair of walking shoes.

My pleasure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Yes it is.

That's why Jesus gave us a New Commandment. 

To love one another like he loves us.

Like God loves us.

KJV_Daniel_4-35.jpg

42 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not. Why are defending a being that has state it was both good and evil? 

Will's god isn't the same entity as the biblical god, the UB describes a race of aliens as god that created humans and seeded over 600 planets so this is going to be a barrier in finding a common ground for discussion. 

jmccr8 

• Like 2

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Will's god isn't the same entity as the biblical god, the UB describes a race of aliens as god that created humans and seeded over 600 planets so this is going to be a barrier in finding a common ground for discussion. 

jmccr8 

So we're looking at the plot from the movie Prometheus? 

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

So we're looking at the plot from the movie Prometheus? 

Yes that would be a fair description 

jmccr8 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

...so this is going to be a barrier in finding a common ground for discussion. 

There is no discussion with Will. It's all completely one-sided.

Anything that goes against the UB (or Trump) is false in his eyes, and nothing can convince him otherwise.

Quite frankly it's just an exercise in futility.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

jmccr8 

The UB does NOT say an alien race is God. It's interesting how you tend to misunderstand this.

The UB says God is the Universal Father who created everything and everybody. Including all things "alien" and allows all "alien" ideas about him to persist like every good father does with his young, confused but well meaning children.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked

Wow, you guys didn’t even make it 30 minutes before digging in again. Folks, seriously, we have site rules for a reason, and you all agreed to abide by these rules when you signed up to be a member. Abide by what you willingly agreed to please.

thread closed.

• Like 3