Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brian Greene - String Theory

pl1ngpl0ng

One of my sons are soon going to
Australia to study psychology. 
I want to give him a gift for the courage he display by travel to the other side of the planet to gain knowledge of an academic subject and following his dreams. 

Its not about psychology but i have just started to scratch the surface of string-theory, for me this has been an epiphany... 
I feel like the ancient wisdom of Pythagoras
"The Music of the Spheres" now 2500 years later manifested in the m-theory, is something that i really would love to pass on to all my children. (young adults)

Has anyone here on UM been reading any of these books by Brian Greene? I was wondering about which one to give him and maby pique his interest. So if someone could point out maby the most entertaining book to start with, i would be grateful. Im going to buy and read them all but i dont got the time before my son is leaving. 

Brian Greene 

The Elegant Universe: 
Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory.

The Fabric of the Cosmos: 
Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality is the second book on theoretical physics, cosmology, and string theory

The Hidden Reality: 
Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos is a book which explores the concept of the multiverse and the possibility of parallel universes.

---

I have seen the 3x1hours videos of The Elegant Universe and i really enjoyed that serie but i guess the book dive a little deeper in the matter, and maby the book from 2004 are more updated?

Thanks for any answer/reply.! 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pl1ngpl0ng

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic