Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia and China new threats to U.S.

Unusual Tournament

James Mattis unveils new US military strategy focused on threat from Russia and China, not terrorism

US Defence Secretary James Mattis says countering China's rapidly expanding military and an increasingly aggressive Russia are now the main focus of America's national security, outpacing the threat of terrorism.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-20/china-and-russia-not-terrorism-main-threats-to-us-mattis-says/9345670

There's a need to feed the Military Industrial Complex....

At least it improves the economy, bringing in US jobs.

• Like 2

If you wanted to be generous, you could perhaps suggest that Mad Dog Mattis and his cronies have indeed Accomplished their Mission and have completely rid the world of terrorism. 

Or the alternative theory is that Mad Dog and the entire crew of dogmatic bellicose warlords that comprise this, as well as most recent Administrations, have absolutely no concern about terrorism at all - they know that it presents a minimal threat to themselves, and now they've given up any remaining pretence that that's ever been their primary concern and it's all, as it's always been, about pursuing their agenda of global dominance. 

• Like 4

I feel like we NEED a helicarrier. You know what they say about the Movies, that tech seen there eventually shows up being real.... 

Now we'll just need Sam Jackson to helm the helicarrier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

If you wanted to be generous, you could perhaps suggest that Mad Dog Mattis and his cronies have indeed Accomplished their Mission and have completely rid the world of terrorism. 

Or the alternative theory is that Mad Dog and the entire crew of dogmatic bellicose warlords that comprise this, as well as most recent Administrations, have absolutely no concern about terrorism at all - they know that it presents a minimal threat to themselves, and now they've given up any remaining pretence that that's ever been their primary concern and it's all, as it's always been, about pursuing their agenda of global dominance. 

lets not sell short all those bad guy's posing a threat to America. islamic terrorism just has a lot of competition at the moment with North Korea, China, Russia and that old chestnut, Iran but I'm sure they could still pose a problem or two. what Mattis and Trump should be doing is having a bad guy talent contest to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

Edited by Captain Risky

How exactly does the Bad Guy Putin really pose an imminent danger to America? How likely is he really to suddenly decide to attack America or invade Poland? Is that really more of an imminent danger than militant fundamentalism that Washington has tried hard to encourage in order to ...

Oh wait, I think we may have hit on the explanation there. :blush:

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 4

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."

Rome didn't fall because it wasn't prepared for peace. It fell because it no longer was prepared for war.

• Like 3

Rome fell because it was involved in one too many wars ...

~

• Like 3

IMO the best advice is to walk softly and carry a big stick. Don't get involved in wars if at all possible but keep the nation's military strong. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

Rome fell because it was involved in one too many wars ...

~

No, it fell because it could no longer effectively wage war, even a defensive one. 

• Like 2

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

No, it fell because it could no longer effectively wage war, even a defensive one. 

Because of the too many wars ... civil and otherwise ...

~

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Because of the too many wars ... civil and otherwise ...

~

That's just moralistic obfuscation. An out of condition prize fighter loses to a lesser fighter in superb condition. That's what happened to Rome.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

That's just moralistic obfuscation. An out of condition prize fighter loses to a lesser fighter in superb condition. That's what happened to Rome.

:lol:

Sure ... if that helps you sing your melancholic Odes to the Glory that was never Rome, the Grandeur of its magnificent fall
~

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

:lol:

Sure ... if that helps you sing your melancholic Odes to the Glory that was never Rome, the Grandeur of its magnificent fall
~

In death there is no glory, be that of man, nation or empire, only quietus and a grave.

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

In death there is no glory, be that of man, nation or empire, only quietus and a grave.

A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March. :D

~

The Ides of March (Latin: Idus Martiae, Late Latin: Idus Martii) is a day on the Roman calendar that corresponds to March 15. It was marked by several religious observances and was notable for the Romans as a deadline for settling debts. In 44 BC, it became notorious as the date of the assassination of Julius Caesar.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

There was a lot more issues than that. Which was a minor one....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Piney said:

There was a lot more issues than that. Which was a minor one....

Yes, and the net result was the loss of military capability, which precipitated the fall. There's nothing minor about losing a war and being subjugated. An Indian should know that better than anyone else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yes, and the net result was the loss of military capability, which precipitated the fall. There's nothing minor about losing a war and being subjugated. An Indian should know that better than anyone else.

It was more like it broke apart than was actually subjugated. The Germans took a chunk. Not gained a whole, and the East didn't fall until the late Middle Ages. Oh, thank you for using "Indian". :tu: 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, third_eye said:

A soothsayer bids you beware the ides of March. :D

~

Thou has called upon me. Though I don't recall the Ides of March. :huh:

• Like 2

On 1/21/2018 at 9:57 PM, Sooth Sayer said:

Thou has called upon me. Though I don't recall the Ides of March. :huh:

Are you planning on doing something nefarious on March 15th? Maybe pranking your neighbors with a Little Caesar's pizza delivery?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Are you planning on doing something nefarious on March 15th? Maybe pranking your neighbors with a Little Caesar's pizza delivery?

I get it!

Little Caeser's is carry-out only ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I get it!

A noble Roman would offer more options. To borrow a famous phrase, I never met a pizza I didn't like.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I get it!

I'm quoting myself because I'm FOS.

They do deliver in certain cities :huh: I just did a search.

I love the deep dish pepperoni BTW. 

Ok, back to more serious issues :lol:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

What!?!?!?!?!?!? :o

I haven't done that since 1984 when *69 and caller ID didn't exist. :lol:

• Like 3