Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oolitic limestone is full of tiny fossils

UM-Bot

There is a grocery store in the middle of the Ocala National forest, that is faced with Florida fieldstone which is full of fossils.  I used stand there looking at the wall, I sure a lot of people thought I was nuts.  If you look around at stone buildings, you find a few faced with fossils. 

• Like 4

On 1/21/2018 at 10:43 AM, Grandpa Greenman said:

There is a grocery store in the middle of the Ocala National forest, that is faced with Florida fieldstone which is full of fossils.  I used stand there looking at the wall, I sure a lot of people thought I was nuts.  If you look around at stone buildings, you find a few faced with fossils. 

I saw that store when I brought horses there. :tu:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On January 21, 2018 at 10:43 AM, Grandpa Greenman said:

If you ever get to Orlando, visit the Mall at Millennia, the slate floor and walls are full of Ammonite fossils, and probably others, but definitely lots of Ammonites.