Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

United Airlines flight circling near city

Isaac Weit

I was messing around with FlightRadar24 and spotted UA5261, it was heading nowhere near its destination. The flight was coming from Bozeman (BZN) and it was heading to Chicago (ORD), but instead of heading to Chicago it was going northeast towards Milwaukee and started circling near Burlington, WI. After about 5 times of circling it went back south to Chicago and landed at ORD. Its squawk code was 6032, and it was roughly 40 minutes late.

Capture.PNG

That's weird. It shows up as about an hour late, but left on time.

Its apparantly been foggy in chicago...could they have been considering a diversion due to the fog and then changed their minds?

22 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

Its apparantly been foggy in chicago...could they have been considering a diversion due to the fog and then changed their minds?

Who knows

I was trying to look it up and see what the deal was, and I turned up an old story about a crazy pilot.

Apparently, they had one a while back they had to replace because she started acting mentally unstable. 

The poor people waited 2 hours for United to supply them with a replacement pilot. 

Looks like a fairly standard Racetrack Holding pattern. There can be any number of reasons for this but normally due to congestion or atmospheric conditions at the destination airport 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, keithisco said:

Looks like a fairly standard Racetrack Holding pattern. There can be any number of reasons for this but normally due to congestion or atmospheric conditions at the destination airport 

Exactly.