Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For those who don't believe in Christ.

KatyAD

Also, I notice this is a bit of a "misery loves company" kind of thing happening here.  There are a whole lot of you who want to rip on God but really have never invested in a relationship with him.  He's not a genie; he doesn't grant wishes.  He answers prayers.  So, if you haven't lived obedient to the Word, and you have a crisis, you think he HAS to jump in and say "all better?"  He can, and sometimes he does.  I just want you all to know, those of you who think you've been forgotten or abandoned, that it is actually quite the opposite.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seekyefirst said:

Also, I notice this is a bit of a "misery loves company" kind of thing happening here.  There are a whole lot of you who want to rip on God but really have never invested in a relationship with him.  He's not a genie; he doesn't grant wishes.  He answers prayers.  So, if you haven't lived obedient to the Word, and you have a crisis, you think he HAS to jump in and say "all better?"  He can, and sometimes he does.  I just want you all to know, those of you who think you've been forgotten or abandoned, that it is actually quite the opposite.   

I used to be a Christian. God never answered the phone. You don't seem to understand that there is no difference between a prayer and a wish. They are both a request to one's patron deity of choice. 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I used to be a Christian. God never answered the phone. You don't seem to understand that there is no difference between a prayer and a wish. They are both a request to one's patron deity of choice. 

Ah, well, so be it according to YOUR faith! Feel better :)

20 hours ago, XenoFish said:

God/Jesus are really great guys when you're on their team and they do stuff or you. Screw those who actually need real help. Sorry kid you're going to have to starve, god's helping someone's favorite team win the super bowl.:rolleyes:

Jesus actually helped everyone who came to Him in the bible, its still true for today. . God He helps his Children...(those who love and follow him..and rely on him. and believe in Him.

2 minutes ago, KatyAD said:

Jesus actually helped everyone who came to Him in the bible, its still true for today. . God He helps his Children...(those who love and follow him..and rely on him. and believe in Him.

Then god is not truly loving to all his children. 

9 minutes ago, KatyAD said:

Seriously are you serious?
Have you lived under a rock or something and not seen whats happening around the world.
You said your god helped you get rid of your ADD and your belly ache..
But he doesnt help all those around the world that pray for their lives everyday that lives in misery in many parts of the world.
In the middle east where christians have been sacrificed and hunted by isis and other groups.
These people are probably more religous than the average christian.
But they didnt get any help... why? Because they dont really love him or believe in him or what is your point.

• Like 7

I wouldn't have a problem if this was amount emotional healing. That finding Jesus helped someone find the strength to pull through depression. I can full understand the emotional healing aspect, I get that. If a person was to pray for the ability to make it through a rough patch in life, and they found the motivation to do so. I see no problem. But selective physical healing, that's where I draw the line. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Black Monk said:

To say there's been an endless parade of gods through history is ridiculous. There's only one god and there always has been.

That surely is a matter of faith.

• Like 1

It's as impossible for me to believe in God after reading the original posting as it is for the OP to believe God isn't real. We waste our time if we try to debate it. I have an acquaintance who is an evangelical Christian who recently wrote to me the following:

For me of-course, any philosophical debate about the existence of God or Jesus would be as superfluous as a debate about whether my wife Karen exists.  My assurance of that fact does not rely on her birth certificate, but on my personal knowledge of her.  I might use documents to prove her existence to others if I really needed to, but not to myself.  
I know this level of certainty or assurance can be irritating to some who don't have it, and there are many things that I'm much less sure about, but some things are so important that we cant afford to spend our lives in doubt, and we don't need to.

Not that I was asking him to prove it, but he just can't resist any opportunity to try to "convert" me. In fact I think many Christians see agnostics/atheists as a challenge which is a bit of a bore. Now - if he could show me a birth certificate of God that would be something! But I think it all hinges on the OP's final sentence "But you have to have faith" - where can I get faith from? It's as impossible for me to have faith as it would be to be told I must fall in love with somebody. Mind you I can see the advantages of having it - indeed the OP proves that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KatyAD said:

How old are you?  it is funny how as we grow older God seems to do less and less... 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

How old are you?  it is funny how as we grow older God seems to do less and less... 

I think its because our warranty has run out.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, seekyefirst said:

It's like this:  if Christianity isn't real, what have you lost?  Nothing.  But what do you stand to lose if it IS real?  EVERYTHING.  Be well, my friend.

Boy do I dislike this argument.  If it isn't real what I would have lost is a large part of my life by devoting it to something that doesn't exist.  If it is real then all I have to do is say "I believe" on my death bed and all sins will be forgotten.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I think its because our warranty has run out.

I am pretty sure you could buy a new one if you wanted :)

Now whether it would be any good or not - who knows.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KatyAD said:

Hey, Just to let you know, For anyone what doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, (i promise i am not make you read this, there is christian material here, if you are uncomfortable with that..you are welcome to turn away...but you have my word, its as real as it can be)

If you were in India you would be saying it was Krishna and if you were in the Middle East you would say Allah.

1 hour ago, Truthseeker007 said:

If you were in India you would be saying it was Krishna and if you were in the Middle East you would say Allah.

I don't think she could say that in India or parts of the Middle East, because Christian proselytizing is prohibited.  

23 hours ago, ChaosRose said:
Now I understand how prayer can work: 
A particular prayer in a particular church 
In a particular style with a particular stuff 
And for particular problems that aren't particularly tough, 
And for particular people, preferably white
And for particular senses, preferably sight
A particular prayer in a particular spot
To a particular version of a particular god

And if you get that right, he just might
Take a break from giving babies malaria
And pop down to your local area
And fix the cataracts of your mum!

That's awesome  !  Is it from you?

Edited by Jon the frog

6 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

I don't think she could say that in India or parts of the Middle East, because Christian proselytizing is prohibited.  

I think he's saying that if she was from any other religion, she'd be thanking that God/holy man/whatever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I wouldn't have a problem if this was amount emotional healing. That finding Jesus helped someone find the strength to pull through depression. I can full understand the emotional healing aspect, I get that. If a person was to pray for the ability to make it through a rough patch in life, and they found the motivation to do so. I see no problem. But selective physical healing, that's where I draw the line. 

It depend, if the placebo effect also works for the act of god thing... you can have some physical healing, lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jon the frog said:

It depend, if the placebo effect also works for the act of god thing... you can have some physical healing, lol

At most it would take away the symptoms but not the underlining problem.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

What I was saying is if she was in different parts of the world it wouldn't be Jesus she would be thanking it would be Krishna if she was in India and Allah if she was in the Middle East. Depending on what you believe in is what you will use to explain for good things that happen. It doesn't mean that a Jesus actually exists its what you believe to be the case.

On 1/21/2018 at 10:41 AM, KatyAD said:

Another story and this is for the people that don't believe in the gifts and ministry of the holy spirit...you know, praying in other tongues, healing through laying on of hands...ect. i had

-Katy

I know an atheist who can pray in tongues.  

PS.  I thought this was a thread for those of us who don't believe.  But this thread is actually a testimony to convince people to believe?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

I know an atheist who can pray in tongues.  

PS.  I thought this was a thread for those of us who don't believe.  But this thread is actually a testimony to convince people to believe?  

They aren't very convincing.:lol:

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

I think he's saying that if she was from any other religion, she'd be thanking that God/holy man/whatever. 

:tu: I must have a speech impediment but you knew what I was saying or trying to say.:lol:

I think there are some misconceptions here about Christianity. It's not a series of prayers for healing or financial support. Christianity is a total life change. You approach God with the intention to do things His way instead of following your own path.

Just now, simplybill said:

I think there are some misconceptions here about Christianity. It's not a series of prayers for healing or financial support. Christianity is a total life change. You approach God with the intention to do things His way instead of following your own path.

But you're following a path created by other people under the guise of religion. 

• Like 1