Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For those who don't believe in Christ.

KatyAD

8 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

I always felt George Carlin nailed it all pretty well...!

George Carlin on Relgion-.jpg

All-knowing, all-powerful...just can't hold onto money. 

• Like 4

On 1/22/2018 at 11:49 AM, Guyver said:

I know an atheist who can pray in tongues.  

PS.  I thought this was a thread for those of us who don't believe.  But this thread is actually a testimony to convince people to believe?  

Seems like it should be pretty easy to learn, but the question is...why would anyone waste their time? 

What purpose does babbling nonsense serve anyone? 

Oh wait...

we are on the internet, aren't we?

• Like 5

On 1/23/2018 at 4:26 AM, intoyoulikeatrain said:

You can't blame Aeon Christ because he's not in the material realm. Our world is ruled by Ialdabaoth. The resurrected Jesus without the Christ taught some chosen disciples the way to salvation before he was taken up to heaven.

I can actually understand that train of thought.

The world sucks. I don't think anything good is responsible for it.

I can't get on board with an historic Jesus, but I'm ok with a divine message somehow being delivered to us many different ways. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 4:30 PM, Guyver said:

Do unto others before they do unto thee.  

It's not fun living in a world where most people do that. 

• Like 4

Humor me for a moment. Just hypothetically speaking, now.

Ok...suppose you're some lesser evil entity who likes having an ant farm and wants the ants to believe you're God. 

Wouldn't it be a great idea to not actually avert any real tragedies that you're causing (because that would affect entertainment value), but encourage belief by dishing out placebo-type "cures" for the occasional annoyance (that you also caused)? 

• Like 4

So what I'm saying is...if there is some type of entity that chooses to zap your tummy ache instead of preventing horrible tragedies, it probably isn't something to be celebrated.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

I can't get on board with an historic Jesus, but I'm ok with a divine message somehow being delivered to us many different ways. 

I suppose the question here is what do you mean by 'divine' message.

1. do you mean the the formal as in a message from God

2. do you mean the informal 'pleasing delightful' message

If its 2 I'm on board, if its 1 well its back to square 1 for me. 

I was a believer once - the product of upbringing - but I really believed

Then I stopped, I was going a certain direction blindly - then decided to look closer and my belief imploded. 

I was happy with that  - then I decided, because those around me still believed, to look for reason to return. I talked to believers - the leaders and the followers, if you like, I heard the bible and the gospels and associated interpretations of meaning. I listened to the stories of wee Johnny and the miracles of faith that healed him when nothing in the medical realm could and yet, I saw and felt no pull. 

I then looked to see if there were reasons not to believe - there were many - not least, I must say, institutions of the faithful (the churches / sects for shorthand) and the Old Testament - did I want to give allegation to a God like that - even, if at the time of writing the norms of society would have been very different from today - no I couldn't. A god above all should know good from bad, acceptable from unacceptable irrespective of the times or existent societal norms.  No I thought, there is no God, certainly no God I'd wish to offer allegiance, even if his son did try to re-write the written Word. 

So I rationalized, why do I not believe when so many others do, well there is not as many a you may think - I suspect a fair number are just hedging their bets, or falling to peer pressure or are happy to acquiesce. But there are many  that are true believers, and they had one thing I must certainly didn't - faith.

But faith is a personal thing - who I am to challenge a person's faith - I am no-one, I have no such right or desire. I only have the right to challenge my own lack of faith and leave others to practice and believe as they determine to be right for themselves. 

Edited by RAyMO

5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

So what I'm saying is...if there is some type of entity that chooses to zap your tummy ache instead of preventing horrible tragedies, it probably isn't something to be celebrated.

I think it was the work of Saint Pepto. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kartikg said:

tell us what you know is true about God 

I think that what I know is true about God is the same thing that many know is true about him too.

I believe this is true because within each of us, God is present, there to guide us, when we excersise our living faith in him to follow his lead.

Aside from all else, through my experience with his presense within, this is what I know about God, and it is how I know anyone can realy know anything.

Knowing God is the result of this. Because when we experience something, that's how things become known.

And it's also true that even though when we don't know God and how he has designed things to work out, we still are having experiences with him because before we go looking for him, he's already there within us, experiencing everything with us.

Edited by Will Due

God healed your tummy ache? That's hilarious, kid.

• Like 4

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:06 AM, seekyefirst said:

You know what I think is amazing?  The bible is ALSO literal!  So, if you understand that, and you really read it, nothing will be as fascinating as that. We sit around and talk about aliens and astral projection and lucid dreaming but understand that with the Holy Spirit in you, you could raise the dead.  And once the Holy Spirit is in you, the truth of all these other things gets revealed.  The bible has giants, flying chariots, angels and fallen angels, fallen angels procreating with humans..it's all in there guys.  Like, don't just dismiss the bible and christianity as a panacea for the masses...it's REAL.  And it's just wonderfully incredible.  It says with man, these things are NOT possible, but with God ALL things are possible.  So the Holy Spirit IS God, and if it lives in YOU... all things are possible.  AMAZING.

You know what else the Bible has, a geocentric universe. Yeah don't dismiss the Bible just because the facts contradict it.

On ‎22‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, seekyefirst said:

God doesn't make anyone sick.  In fact, "by His stripes" we were all healed.  I would suggest that you start watching Andrew Wommack on YouTube.  His whole message is about healing.  I mean, if you're in that much pain, I would leave no stone unturned.  God loves us all very much.  He's already died for us.  All we have to do is reach out and take what has been freely given to us.  Just a thought; I hope I haven't offended you.  God bless.

So his plagues don't make anyone sick? Isn't it odd that the Bible contradicts you? And here I thought you said it was literal.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

God healed your tummy ache? That's hilarious, kid.

Inorite?

At least Sam's Mum had cataracts. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Will, I don't think "he" is very adept or savvy at designing stuff:

God.....very silly.jpg

Hey, I've had some great arguments and battles with myself.:lol:

jmccr8 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, XenoFish said:

This is one of the reason I can not hold faith in God. I see too much cruelty in the world. Then I see stupid stories about how god does 'this' and god does 'that'. When I know there are more deserving people out there. But hey just cast the blame on the individual. They don't have enough faith, truth, or love for god. So god won't do a ****ing thing.

Hard to believe there are people so dense as to actually thank God for healing a tummy ache while ignoring the death, rot, and misery all around us.

It's like finding a four-leaf clover on top of a stack of mangled corpses and calling the world beautiful.

• Like 9

God healed me this morning. I felt tired, prayed to god, drank a cup of coffee, and felt really energized! Clearly god is helping me directly. Praise him.

• Like 5

Hail Coffee, gift of mother earth.   

51xuOdSkhRL._SL210_QL95_BG0,0,0,0_FMpng_

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

One of the many gifts from her.

• Like 3

On 1/28/2018 at 10:59 AM, Scudbuster said:

Will, I don't think "he" is very adept or savvy at designing stuff:

God.....very silly.jpg

Either extremely silly, or it isn't actually an enemy. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2018 at 0:23 AM, Ultima Weapon said:

Hard to believe there are people so dense as to actually thank God for healing a tummy ache while ignoring the death, rot, and misery all around us.

It's like finding a four-leaf clover on top of a stack of mangled corpses and calling the world beautiful.

Sometimes there are just not enough likes. 

• Like 6

On 1/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, Podo said:

God healed me this morning. I felt tired, prayed to god, drank a cup of coffee, and felt really energized! Clearly god is helping me directly. Praise him.

Yes, I have occassionally called coffee god and have given praise to it's glory and power. All hail the mighty bean. If you want to get the most potency our of it you have to brew it in holy water.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Yes, I have occassionally called coffee god and have given praise to it's glory and power. All hail the mighty bean. If you want to get the most potency our of it you have to brew it in holy water.

No, for the most potency, brew it from hurricane water collected during the storm.  Now that is a cup of coffee. All Hail, Huracan, who sweeps clean the land. 

• Like 6

On 1/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, Podo said:

On 1/30/2018 at 9:20 AM, Grandpa Greenman said:

On 1/31/2018 at 5:10 AM, XenoFish said:

On 1/31/2018 at 10:02 AM, Grandpa Greenman said:

No, for the most potency, brew it from hurricane water collected during the storm.  Now that is a cup of coffee. All Hail, Huracan, who sweeps clean the land. 

Am I detecting something here?!?! Because if this is a new following, in the religious sense.....................then........

Count me in as a follower!!!! All hail COFFEE!!!!!!    I believe!!!!

• Like 4

On 1/21/2018 at 1:41 PM, KatyAD said:

Hey, Just to let you know, For anyone what doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, (i promise i am not make you read this, there is christian material here, if you are uncomfortable with that..you are welcome to turn away...but you have my word, its as real as it can be)

I have a couple testimonies to share. When i was younger, I had a bad onset of stomach pains. I have no idea what they were, but for whatever reason...over the prossess of a couple of hours...I found myself walking hunched over...because it was too painful to walk up right. I told my grandmother and she told my mom...but neither of them really seem to be motivated to do anything. (My mom was working, and my grandmother was watching us while she was at work.) So I hobbled outside and eased myself back into a reclining chair we had on the deck behind our house. There was a church behind our house on the other side of the woods. I, for the most part, did believe in God...but I had no idea how close he was...or wanted to be. I kind of Just thought he created the world and took off...was i ever wrong about that...anyway, I was sitting in the chair..and i looked up at the cross at the church...and I asked God..."God if you are real, please heal my stomach" It couldn't have been more than 5 seconds...and i started to feel a pulling feeling on my stomach...like someone was pulling an invisible rope, and as they pulled out the rope...the pain was coming out at the same time. This took 10 seconds at the most...and afterwords...I felt no pain. I stood up, and walked around completely  upright.  

Another story and this is for the people that don't believe in the gifts and ministry of the holy spirit...you know, praying in other tongues, healing through laying on of hands...ect. i had A.D.D. since 2nd grade...while in my 20s i stated going to a nondenominational church that taught that all that stuff was real. I have seen people get healed in that church...So i went to my pastor and asked him to lay hands on me...because I had that issue..and i found it hard to focus and do my job. And so, He did...but first he asked me to confess, what Jesus had already done "By the Stripes of Jesus I AM healed".( In other words. When you are a child of Christ, your healing is already provided for...its already done because of the sacrifice He made on your behalf.) So i confessed that and he prayed over me...and the next day, i went to work without my medication...and i did just as much work without the medication as with the medication. 

Just fyi, all that stuff as well as praying in the holy spirit, its all true. Just a friendly note. I'm not trying to shove it down anyone's throat its all true. Why would it not be? we need stuff like that. and the bible says God supply's all your needs. But you have to have faith. 

Take Care everyone

Thanks for reading.

-Katy

:hmm:   I don't know, probably not shoving down people's throats, but you did direct your thread title to 'people who don't believe', in essence, trying to get their attention. Granted, trying to get attention might not be the same to shoving down the throats, but......

Well, your thread seemed to get the attention. 

Let me respond to this post, with my discussing my background, (if you hadn't already known ;) ) I grew up secular, so no experience in being taught or in a class or meetings or being told to read anything of a religious nature. I think my whole childhood of that, would make a very impression on me and how I believe. Now, I am a believer of a unique New Age type spiritual belief, and it might be I'm the only one in it, but I think that has come to a life, where certain extra-ordinary experiences through out my life has occurred. All in all, nothing in the orthodox way of religion has come across to me as being real. 

That being said, even my experiences have had a mix of seeing it both as a realistic way of looking at it, and a mysterious way of looking at it, so I do have the 'on the fence' look of it. But, that doesn't mean I have a final outlook of it, and even if I do at the most of it, realistic ways of looking at it take priority. Meaning, there is always many possibilities of explaining something, and coincidences are always the possibility here. Your experiences may seem like coincidences to me, so I personally wouldn't consider your statements to be true. You speak of the actions, but how do the actions tie into your statements? Yes, you're by a religious building, and yes, you're seeing a religious figure whose actions you're explaining. To me, still, I see it as a coincidence. 

As this individual, who believes the possibility that Jesus Christ may have existed, but not in the way in the religious way, I don't think I can believe what you wish for me to believe. I see too many elements that contaminate the situations to show fully it's true. 

Plus, did your stomach ache not come back then? Do you think, it was a possibility of suggestion and the stomach situation is still there? Sometimes, I have noticed and understood, shock can mask pain. I have experienced this more than once, when my head went through a windshield, ( it was later on there was pain ) and when I was rear ended by another car, ( and at first I thought I was fine, but as the day went on, my neck started killing me til my husband had to take me to the hospital.) Just thoughts, I feel, could be part of the 'miracles'. *shrugs* 

I hope you understand fully, that I don't see any reason to believe and why that I don't. 

Jesus said:

"If those who lead you say, 'See, the Kingdom is
in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they
say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you.
Rather, the Kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you.
When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and
you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living
Father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty
and it is you who are that poverty."

-The Gospel of Thomas

That's how Jesus/Joshua moves me. By teaching me how to become Christ.

Edited by TruthSeeker_