Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

For those who don't believe in Christ.

KatyAD

Hey, Just to let you know, For anyone what doesn't believe in Jesus Christ, (i promise i am not make you read this, there is christian material here, if you are uncomfortable with that..you are welcome to turn away...but you have my word, its as real as it can be)

I have a couple testimonies to share. When i was younger, I had a bad onset of stomach pains. I have no idea what they were, but for whatever reason...over the prossess of a couple of hours...I found myself walking hunched over...because it was too painful to walk up right. I told my grandmother and she told my mom...but neither of them really seem to be motivated to do anything. (My mom was working, and my grandmother was watching us while she was at work.) So I hobbled outside and eased myself back into a reclining chair we had on the deck behind our house. There was a church behind our house on the other side of the woods. I, for the most part, did believe in God...but I had no idea how close he was...or wanted to be. I kind of Just thought he created the world and took off...was i ever wrong about that...anyway, I was sitting in the chair..and i looked up at the cross at the church...and I asked God..."God if you are real, please heal my stomach" It couldn't have been more than 5 seconds...and i started to feel a pulling feeling on my stomach...like someone was pulling an invisible rope, and as they pulled out the rope...the pain was coming out at the same time. This took 10 seconds at the most...and afterwords...I felt no pain. I stood up, and walked around completely  upright.  

Another story and this is for the people that don't believe in the gifts and ministry of the holy spirit...you know, praying in other tongues, healing through laying on of hands...ect. i had A.D.D. since 2nd grade...while in my 20s i stated going to a nondenominational church that taught that all that stuff was real. I have seen people get healed in that church...So i went to my pastor and asked him to lay hands on me...because I had that issue..and i found it hard to focus and do my job. And so, He did...but first he asked me to confess, what Jesus had already done "By the Stripes of Jesus I AM healed".( In other words. When you are a child of Christ, your healing is already provided for...its already done because of the sacrifice He made on your behalf.) So i confessed that and he prayed over me...and the next day, i went to work without my medication...and i did just as much work without the medication as with the medication. 

Just fyi, all that stuff as well as praying in the holy spirit, its all true. Just a friendly note. I'm not trying to shove it down anyone's throat its all true. Why would it not be? we need stuff like that. and the bible says God supply's all your needs. But you have to have faith. 

Take Care everyone

Thanks for reading.

-Katy

• Like 3

To say there's been an endless parade of gods through history is ridiculous. There's only one god and there always has been.

I mean I have diverticulitis. God could you know fix it. He could've fixed it for my grandmother too, but she died of it. Must be god's plan.:rolleyes:

• Like 4

Just now, Aquila King said:

It's the height of human arrogance to think that God created the universe for you, would be willing to die for you, and listens to and answers all of your prayers (and apparently no one else's). And over something so demonstrably petty. It's truly baffling how they don't see this.

It was this same line of thinking that got me out of magick. Why the F would any god/s/ess's, angel, demon, imaginary friend give two S and an F about any of us?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I mean I have diverticulitis. God could you know fix it. He could've fixed it for my grandmother too, but she died of it. Must be god's plan.:rolleyes:

(insert 'Mysterious Ways' argument here)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It was this same line of thinking that got me out of magick. Why the F would any god/s/ess's, angel, demon, imaginary friend give two S and an F about any of us?

At least in magick, you pretty much understand that it's all psychological, and you're just using the belief mechanism.

These people actually think God like pointed down its finger and zapped their tummy. 

• Like 4

Sorry, not meaning to come off as insensitive Xeno, I am sorry you and your wife have to go through this.

Just trying to prove the horrendous problem with her argument.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Must be. You know what would impress me. If my wife was miraculously free of ovarian cancer. 

Yeah that would impress me, too. I have a friend dying. How about him?

He's a great guy. Why not him? 

We shall see, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Sorry, not meaning to come off as insensitive Xeno, I am sorry you and your wife have to go through this.

Just trying to prove the horrendous problem with her argument.

It's fine. This is one of the reason I can not hold faith in God. I see too much cruelty in the world. Then I see stupid stories about how god does 'this' and god does 'that'. When I know there are more deserving people out there. But hey just cast the blame on the individual. They don't have enough faith, truth, or love for god. So god won't do a ****ing thing.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KatyAD said:

i had A.D.D. since 2nd grade...

That's not a "medical condition". It's a evolutionary advantage when people are taught how to use it.

Edited by Piney
  • Like 4

Thread cleaned

What's with all the hostility towards the OP ?

Reign it in please folks...

• Like 3

You know what would be nice. If god decided to give my father just one day without him having to take pain meds. Where he'd have no hip or back pain and could get around like he used to. Just one day. But that won't happen. It would be nice if my mother's liver wasn't in horrible shape and it would've been nice if she didn't have a miscarriage all those years ago, but god doesn't care. It would be nice if I didn't have to deal with chronic stomach pains, and it sure as hell would be nice if my wife was cancer free. But that selfish thinking. God being all power and all that, doesn't care about us, but if you've got a belly ache, he'll come right to you. This just makes me so angry. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Saru said:

Thread cleaned

What's with all the hostility towards the OP ?

Reign it in please folks...

It's not to the OP, it's to the claim that god will fix a minor issue like a belly ache, but apparently doesn't care about people who have real health and personal issues. 

• Like 6

Just now, XenoFish said:

It's not to the OP, it's to the claim that god will fix a minor issue like a belly ache, but apparently doesn't care about people who have real health and personal issues. 

Nonetheless, in most of the posts I've removed it was the OP taking the flack for it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Saru said:

Nonetheless, in most of the posts I've removed it was the OP taking the flack for it.

It's fine Saru. It's just cements my dis-belief even more. Don't worry I'm out of this thread unless I'm directly addressed.

• Like 1

You know what I think is amazing?  The bible is ALSO literal!  So, if you understand that, and you really read it, nothing will be as fascinating as that. We sit around and talk about aliens and astral projection and lucid dreaming but understand that with the Holy Spirit in you, you could raise the dead.  And once the Holy Spirit is in you, the truth of all these other things gets revealed.  The bible has giants, flying chariots, angels and fallen angels, fallen angels procreating with humans..it's all in there guys.  Like, don't just dismiss the bible and christianity as a panacea for the masses...it's REAL.  And it's just wonderfully incredible.  It says with man, these things are NOT possible, but with God ALL things are possible.  So the Holy Spirit IS God, and if it lives in YOU... all things are possible.  AMAZING.

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You know what would be nice. If god decided to give my father just one day without him having to take pain meds. Where he'd have no hip or back pain and could get around like he used to. Just one day. But that won't happen. It would be nice if my mother's liver wasn't in horrible shape and it would've been nice if she didn't have a miscarriage all those years ago, but god doesn't care. It would be nice if I didn't have to deal with chronic stomach pains, and it sure as hell would be nice if my wife was cancer free. But that selfish thinking. God being all power and all that, doesn't care about us, but if you've got a belly ache, he'll come right to you. This just makes me so angry. 

God doesn't make anyone sick.  In fact, "by His stripes" we were all healed.  I would suggest that you start watching Andrew Wommack on YouTube.  His whole message is about healing.  I mean, if you're in that much pain, I would leave no stone unturned.  God loves us all very much.  He's already died for us.  All we have to do is reach out and take what has been freely given to us.  Just a thought; I hope I haven't offended you.  God bless.

1 minute ago, seekyefirst said:

God doesn't make anyone sick.  In fact, "by His stripes" we were all healed.  I would suggest that you start watching Andrew Wommack on YouTube.  His whole message is about healing.  I mean, if you're in that much pain, I would leave no stone unturned.  God loves us all very much.  He's already died for us.  All we have to do is reach out and take what has been freely given to us.  Just a thought; I hope I haven't offended you.  God bless.

I'm not offended I find such things trivial and pointless. If you're talking about emotional healing that's just a spiritual placebo. 

Nah Xeno, it's the real deal.  I totally get it though.  The Bible is huge and it doesn't seem to make sense at first.  It's a big picture and we start out looking at it through a pinhole, of sorts.  But like I said, you ought to just read the new testament.  Seriously...you're sitting around, angry, in pain, and frustrated.  What do you have to lose?  NOTHING.  It's like this:  if Christianity isn't real, what have you lost?  Nothing.  But what do you stand to lose if it IS real?  EVERYTHING.  Be well, my friend.