Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Red hand prints on bed frame

kowski

So my roommate and I were away from our apartment for about a good month for college winter break and when I arrived home as I was unpacking my things and putting my bedspread I had washed at my parent's house onto my bed I noticed these red/pink handprints that where left in the middle of my bed frame. My roommate and I measured our hands inside the handprint and they were bigger than both of ours so it wasn't our prints. I am a very perceptive and good at catching things so I know I would have seen this before I had left leaving my apartment empty like this. There wasn't any sign of a break in or anything being out of place. We have had a couple small things happen to us that we have joked around about having a ghost. Like a door closing all the way suddenly and noises of things dropping here and there. But this was the first time we saw anything like this. So I am just reaching out to see if anyone has had anything like this happen to them or if this was a ghost or some kind of ET, would we be able to wash off the prints? They were able to come off after using a lot of bleach.

Thank you! 

Here is a photo of it. I wish I took more up close but I didn't think about it at the timeand was just concentrated on scrubbing it off. 

handprints.jpg

• Like 1

No, they would have to have keys to get into our apartment. It’s like a private apartment complex in Chicago. With doorman and no one else has a set of keys to the apartment. 

Any guess of what the red color was? Paint? Blood? 

Handprints are fairly commonly reported inhauntong stories. You say you may have other less obvious events which matter in a consideration.

Well, for now just wait and see and keep us updated.

8 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

What material is the headboard made out of?

Do you use self tanners? 

Maybe a girlfriend uses self tanner or that's a sweat stain.........

If you look at the position of the hands, should I say more........

I mean look at the hand positions and those odd spherical shapes right below them.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, SecretSanta said:

What material is the headboard made out of?

Do you use self tanners? 

If it's oak or leather your hands will create dark spots from a reaction to the tannic acid. The color will be anything from a reddish brown to dark blue depending on your body's chemistry. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Maybe a girlfriend uses self tanner or that's a sweat stain.........

If you look at the position of the hands, should I say more........

I mean look at the hand positions and those odd spherical shapes right below them.

Ha yes, I know what you mean and that is exactly what my first thought was. But she has her own room and just got back two days before me super sweet girl, there’s no way. We both don’t use any self tanners so that is ruled out, also I was the last one to leave the apartment and when I did I took all my bed sheets off. So if someone was “getting rough” on my bed there was probably be more evidence to marks being on my bed that would probably be hard to get off more because of its material.

Since the head board is I want to say fake leather some sort of material like that.

14 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Any guess of what the red color was? Paint? Blood? 

Handprints are fairly commonly reported inhauntong stories. You say you may have other less obvious events which matter in a consideration.

Well, for now just wait and see and keep us updated.

That is true, and I will be on the look out and will keep you guys updated. Thank you for all your help and considerations! I appreciate it! 

13 minutes ago, kowski said:

Ha yes, I know what you mean and that is exactly what my first thought was. But she has her own room and just got back two days before me super sweet girl, there’s no way. We both don’t use any self tanners so that is ruled out, also I was the last one to leave the apartment and when I did I took all my bed sheets off. So if someone was “getting rough” on my bed there was probably be more evidence to marks being on my bed that would probably be hard to get off more because of its material.

Since the head board is I want to say fake leather some sort of material like that.

I had to make it as PG-13 as possible for the forums sake.:lol:

• Like 1