Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Tracking App

Fila

15 minutes ago, Fila said:

I am looking at it from a professional level.

professional level??? what are you on about?:wacko:

CondonJacket+reduced.jpg

Just now, Dejarma said:

professional level??? what are you on about?:wacko:

Sorry, I didn't mean it in a cocky way. I use that term to mean doctor, scientist, lawyer etc. People who earn a "professional wage" and need to get things right. Perhaps even a qualified mechanic could be classed as a professional. I should have been more specific, rather than using my own terminology.

I'm just finding that university is very tough on making claims. Opinions and claims are no more than that, and will be circled in RED on your paper to provide evidence. I can start a paragraph with one.., but then need to back it up with facts (quoting others from credible sources). If there are no facts.., I need to hunt down evidence. Not only to support my claims.., but also (if you want good marks) other points from opposing sides. I guess it shows you have looked at it objectively, and understand the topic.

Then wrap up the paper with a conclusion. Which in most cases is inconclusive. If I were to say that UFOs are real or fake in a paper, providing the information we currently have.., I would get a FAIL. In this case I would end with a summary of both sides, and source credibility, then suggest that new research would be required in order to form a conclusion.

Edited by Fila

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

CondonJacket+reduced.jpg

Yeah what a lovely picture. And the point of showing me this picture is what?

I don't want to get into a slagging match here.. I'm asking for your opinion-- or anyone else's

Whether the attempt is to prove or disprove the existence of ET on this planet is irrelevant.

My point throughout our chat here is how does science go about studying a 'STORY'??

There is nothing for science to study! Or do you disagree?

To have the words: 'Scientific Study' on the front cover makes it look good to sell the book & means nothing IMO.

Edited by Dejarma

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

Yeah what a lovely picture. And the point of showing me this picture is what?

I don't want to get into a slagging match here.. I'm asking for your opinion-- or anyone else's

Whether the attempt is to prove or disprove the existence of ET on this planet is irrelevant.

My point throughout our chat here is how does science go about studying a 'STORY'??

There is nothing for science to study! Or do you disagree?

To have the words: 'Scientific Study' on the front cover makes it look good to sell the book & means nothing IMO.

The same way police investigate the report of a crime. That's a story, too. They look for evidence supporting the story. In one of the reports in the government study, a series of photographs were subjected to rigorously analysis and determined to be genuine and show an object of unknown configuration. My opinion is that your opinion is only that; an opinion. I've show you the fact of a genuine scientific inquiry into the UFO phenomenon, so opinionate all you want. It's all you have to offer.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The same way police investigate the report of a crime. That's a story, too. They look for evidence supporting the story.

Of course the usual illogical analogy hoves into view= nope, not the same:

how can something like this be a story when there's real solid evidence of what they're investigating!?= a body, robbery, assault etc.

Telling the police that you've witnessed a murder, for arguments sake, but there's no evidence of it (no body, no blood no evidence that any crime has been committed at all) just someone telling a story sums up ufo evidence!

So it's different-- or do you disagree with that?

47 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

My opinion is that your opinion is only that; an opinion.

Yeah just an opinion. Do you think I feel what I'm saying is right? Putting opinions across is what this place is all about I thought.

I've asked for your opinion more than once.  One last attempt:

In Your Opinion how would a physicist (as an example) go about researching: 'JUST A STORY'? Apart from photos what data is there to research? Yes the pics in question are interesting but it just rules out fake & that's it IMO

If you don't want to discuss it then don't- your choice, Sir.;)

Peace.

dej...

15 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

how can something like this be a story when there's real solid evidence of what they're investigating!?= a body, robbery, assault etc.

Telling the police that you've witnessed a murder, for arguments sake, but there's no evidence of it (no body, no blood no evidence that any crime has been committed at all) just someone telling a story sums up ufo evidence!

Yeah just an opinion. Do you think I feel what I'm saying is right? Putting opinions across is what this place is all about I thought.

I've asked for your opinion more than once.  One last attempt:

In Your Opinion how would a physicist (as an example) go about researching: 'JUST A STORY'? Apart from photos what data is there to research? Yes the pics in question are interesting but it just rules out fake & that's it IMO

If you don't want to discuss it then don't- your choice, Sir.;)

Peace.

dej...

In my opinion you should read the Condon Report and see how scientists actually approached such an investigation, how the scientific method works in lieu of--more often than not--concrete data. The fact that something unknown is seen in the sky only means the observer could not identify it--nothing else. Science seeks a rational explanation, not flights of fancy. It's why the Condon Report was universally despised by UFO enthusiasts and APRO and NICAP, the MUFONs of that era. So you see, there's no hypothetical about it, it's actually been done. The Air Force used the report, whose conclusion were that UFOs posed no threat to national security, as justification for the termination of their own investigative body, Project Blue Book.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

In my opinion you should read the Condon Report

What makes you think I haven't?

Apart from the rigorous photo analysis that you rightly pointed out there's nothing there!

Scientists sitting down reading a 'story' they've never heard before & coming to a conclusion IN MY OPINION is NOT 'scientific study/ research'!!

The majority of scientists in the university pulled out & Condon had to recruit outside help offering big bucks in the end, otherwise they wouldn't be interested- & no doubt that's where most of the 500,000 went.

And why would they not be interested one asks one's self?? Because they are clever & know they cannot do anything with: 'JUST A STORY'!

I don't know- what do you think?

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

What makes you think I haven't?

Apart from the rigorous photo analysis that you rightly pointed out there's nothing there!

Scientists sitting down reading a 'story' they've never heard before & coming to a conclusion IN MY OPINION is NOT 'scientific study/ research'!!

The majority of scientists in the university pulled out & Condon had to recruit outside help offering big bucks in the end, otherwise they wouldn't be interested- & no doubt that's where most of the 500,000 went.

And why would they not be interested one asks one's self?? Because they are clever & know they cannot do anything with: 'JUST A STORY'!

I don't know- what do you think?

Why should I think you have, when you professed to not even know about? I think I'll leave you and your narcissistic obsession with your own opinion to yourself, since that's all you want to "discuss".

30 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I think I'll leave you and your narcissistic obsession with your own opinion to yourself, since that's all you want to "discuss".

What??? I've been asking YOU for YOUR opinion on things.. What are you waffling on about.

You obviously can't answer the question I've ask of you personally so you reply with this pathetic rebuttal.

Forget it mate- phew

Just now, Dejarma said:

Those are examples where there are forms of physical evidence to collect. There are many examples of crimes where there is no longer any physical traces of evidence.

A Bill Cosby rape, an assault, a robbery or theft of money or possessions. A man found dead, naked at bottom of a cliff near a known gay beat with no suicide note. Suicide or murder? No clues. And other cold cases with little to no evidence. And other bad things that you cannot prove unless recorded. People driving past yelling at you. I don't watch Judge Judy.., but maybe there are more examples there?

The university wouldn't know I walked on their public bush land property last week to retrieve a friends drone as the grass springs back up after 30 seconds of so of a footprint and there was no mud or sand. (I do have permission btw).

In the odd case of UFOs.., there is no physical evidence to collect similar to the examples you provided. Think of it like someone flying a drone over your house.., and you had to prove it. But your camera can't actually detect the drone within 300 meters so, all you have is your word.

I do understand your frustration 100% with UFOlogy.., and its lack of hard evidence. But now that I own a drone.., I can see how impossible it is for anyone to catch me.., even on film.

The image below contains a drone, ride-on lawn mower, car, house and a small plane which can be seen by the naked eye.., but not by the common camera. (Samsung S5). The camera can see the guy on the lawn-mower, but not the drone 50 - 100 meters in the distance.

2w3xhfk.jpg

I try to remember that UFO does not = ET. They are completely different acronyms. E and T aren't even the same letters as U and F or even O

They are most likely some form of ball lightning or new energy source. Very exciting stuff imo, as I am into electronics and magnetism. I also love flying and cameras so this subject kinda covers everything I like.

If they turn out to be multidimensional reptilians from the Andromeda council mind controlling our world leaders into making us buy Coke over Pepsi forcing us to mine gold for them, and burn fossil fuels to make to climate warmer for their reptile sunbed needs..., well that's cool too I guess. lol. Only one way to find out though....

Edited by Fila

The app is a very good tool and is providing excellent empirical and scientific data. I highly recommend the app for all people who are interested in weirdo tracking.

Just now, toast said:

The app is a very good tool and is providing excellent empirical and scientific data. I highly recommend the app for all people who are interested in weirdo tracking.

Haha yea. I think it would always have that "ET" stigma attached to it.

But be assured no-ones GPS data can ever be leaked. This is half the reason why the code is open-source and up for peer-review. To maintain transparency and credibility. The other reason is that I don't want to own the project. I would just like to see it done.

25 minutes ago, Fila said:

Think of it like someone flying a drone over your house.., and you had to prove it. But your camera can't actually detect the drone within 300 meters so, all you have is your word.

Hello, Fila....ok you've given me a scenario here;)

how do you know there's a drone flying over your house?

Just now, Dejarma said:

Hello, Fila....ok you've given me a scenario here;)

how do you know there's a drone flying over your house?

Visually spotting it or hearing it. The fans are VERY loud. I lose audible contact around 300 meters when in a quiet remote area.., less if near town and traffic.

I flew my drone last week to show a friend. I set the drone to auto-pilot and told it to return home and land. I looked away from the drone and lost visual line sight of it as it climbed to the RTH height I set of 80 meters before heading back to avoid any obstacles. I couldn't see or hear it even when it was directly over head (but could see myself standing below in the LIVE video feed).

Not that it was out of my visual range or due to sun glare...., more like if you look at the sky you could miss a high altitude 747 if you didn't focus on the right area. Its similar / relative to that size, even though its 35 centimeter drone 80 meters away. I couldn't hear it due to the high volume of traffic and people near the park until it dropped to around 50 meters or so, which is when I saw people nearby starting to notice it also.

They can also just sound like a distant lawn mower / power tool or your ear can "discriminate" and cancel out noises that are droney.., like a fan after a while or buzzing light. I heard one in the park opposite the road from me.., and asked my friends sitting next to me if they could hear the drone. They said no. I asked to to listen closer to the buzzing sound.., which they noticed but brushed off as another background garden tool and nearby air-cons and traffic generally heard throughout the day in suburbia. But like how people can recognise cars by their engine sound.., I just know what most drones sound like as I've had plenty and always meet people who have others or make their own. 

Edited by Fila

14 minutes ago, Fila said:

Visually spotting it or hearing it.

if you can see it you can film it. you'll have proof... if you can't see it or hear it because of what you've said above then you won't know it's there in the first place

Edited by Dejarma

Just now, Dejarma said:

if you can't see it or hear it because of what you've said above then you won't know it's in the first place

Yea, and it seems like most UFOs reported apparently have "no sound". Apart from one theory about UFOs being caused by a battery type effect between mountains, we have no real pattern of where they could turn up, which makes it very difficult to observe them in real time with proper instruments.

Similar to what this university is doing with their application https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJgZ3k97jKs we could utilize interested people within the community to help locate and potentially analyse these things.

Edited by Fila

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: I recently lost 3 months work due to faulty hard drives and not backing up. I started again and the same thing happened.., which kinda deflated some steam.

But.., I am back now and interested in continuing the free software for anyone to use. I expect a working program for PC computers and Android devices within the next 3 months and ready for Alpha testing. I will need to make a few changes to create an iOS script.

The code written makes it impossible to gather any personal information. Phone numbers, names, addresses, MAC address and other private information are not collected. An ID similar to a webforum is created for each user, and connected via an email account of your choice.

Only a GPS location, and username will be sent and received via SMTP (SSL / TLS encryption) and only when you pass the instruction. This is not automated.., nor does it have a "tracking" option.

The main reason I post open source code on github is for peer review from other coders, who can double check for potential malicious code.

Some people have mentioned the idea of storing past sightings on a map database. I don't really see the advantages myself.., but its something I can do. A web platform would best suit. I could create a HTML page with CSS and JavaScript to work with my python code.., and create an Apache server with my Pi.

Although I will be working on a iOS version before attempting further tasks.

https://github.com/UAP-APPS

Edited by Fila