Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

One of last two Dead Sea Scrolls deciphered

7 posts in this topic

Still Waters

Scientists at Haifa University have reconstructed the contents of one of the last two undeciphered Dead Sea Scrolls, revealing a unique calendar used by a Jewish sect that lived in the Judean Desert during the Second Temple period. The scroll, which is written in encrypted language, consists of 60 tiny fragments, some of them smaller than one square centimeter. A researcher had previously determined that these fragments were parts of six different scrolls, making it particularly difficult to assemble them in the correct order.

https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium-israeli-researchers-decipher-one-of-last-undecoded-dead-sea-scrolls-1.5748695

• Like 2

Dark_Grey

A unique calendar? No allusions to Christianity originally being a mushroom cult, as per John Marco Allegro's Dead Sea Scroll translations? I mean, there's nothing weird at all about the architecture at the Vatican, like mushroom cap fountains or a giant pine cone statue...

pine-cone-pineal-gland.jpg  800px-_m_Svatopetrsk_n_m_st_font_na.jpg

Uncle Sam

Still waiting for the page "This is a work of fiction" to be translated.

• Like 1

pallidin
2 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

Still waiting for the page "This is a work of fiction" to be translated.

The translation is not "etheric"

It relates only to the celebration of 3 harvest times. Specifically that of wheat, olive oil, and I forget the third.

paperdyer

I have a friend that, many years ago, took exception when I said the Bible was basically a history book.  Sounds like I wasn't off the mark. I read an article about the Psalms.  In one of the Psalms, there's a reference about drinking the nectar from his woman's navel.  The author of the article explained that the word for navel and the area a few inches below were the difference of 1 letter. Navel was a two letter word and the other area was a three letter word with the third letter added at the end.

hetrodoxly
16 hours ago, paperdyer said:

I have a friend that, many years ago, took exception when I said the Bible was basically a history book.  Sounds like I wasn't off the mark. I read an article about the Psalms.  In one of the Psalms, there's a reference about drinking the nectar from his woman's navel.  The author of the article explained that the word for navel and the area a few inches below were the difference of 1 letter. Navel was a two letter word and the other area was a three letter word with the third letter added at the end.

That would be the 'Song of Solomon' it probably is her navel as it goes on to praise her belly, the male part in the story is God the female part is Israel, ie it's God praising Israel, it's in the Tora.

UFOwatcher

What if the guy hiding these slipped in one that he made up as a joke?