Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dog shoots owner to death !!!!

seeder

sort of anyway

A Russian man was shot dead by his own dog after venturing into the snow-covered countryside near the border with Kazakhstan, local news outlets reported.

http://www.newsweek.com/dog-shoots-man-russia-786549

Edited by Saru
Source link updated
  • Like 3

There is a nominee for the Darwin award. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

Keeping the barrel of a charged gun toward you is never a good idea...

Amen to that. 

I grew up around rifles (rural area in upstate NY) and gun safety was pounded into my brain from a very young age. 

• Like 5

Poor guy made a poor decision.   Seems an odd one for an experienced hunter to do.

I wonder if he had the gun resting, barrel up, near him and the dog knocked it over and it went off.   I can't imagine anyone holding a shotgun with the barrel to your gut.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

There is a nominee for the Darwin award. 

I think he already won, did he?

• Like 2

Didn't this also happen a few years ago? Pretty sure it was covered on this forum, too. 

• Like 2

Dog accidentally shoots man? I dunno, it looks like a crime of passion to me.:P

• Like 3

Some older guns have their firing pin resting right on the bullet's primer instead of being blocked or set back. Old Rugers are like that. I watched a clown shoot himself off his own horse when he dropped his Ruger revolver on its hammer. That's why I always used saddle holsters and shoulder holsters instead of wearing it on my hip.

• Like 1

""The weapon rested on his knee, with the butt facing down and the barrel pointing towards his stomach,""

Great way to fake a murder, "The Dog Did it".....

OR

Hunter accidentally killed himself and companion blamed it on the dog so he would not look silly.... Who knows, this is Russia....

• Like 1

Guns do discharge, accidently, but an experienced hunter holding a loaded weapon like that is a little hard to swallow.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2018 at 10:32 AM, UFOwatcher said:

""The weapon rested on his knee, with the butt facing down and the barrel pointing towards his stomach,""

Great way to fake a murder, "The Dog Did it".....

OR

Hunter accidentally killed himself and companion blamed it on the dog so he would not look silly.... Who knows, this is Russia....

That’s what I thought... I’ve never seen  (or even heard of) someone holding/ resting a gun in that manner. I find it especially suspicious as the article said he was an “experienced hunter”, holding a gun with the muzzle pointed at yourself is a rookie mistake to say the least.