Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bright light sightings.

siyden

So this happened between 2:36 - 2:39 am, I was getting up for a quick toilet break and as soon as I enter my bathroom there's this light blasting into the window that all of a sudden stops when I enter the room, I wonder what the **** just happened then I go back to bed, at 2:39 am I see a big flash behind my curtains, At this point I knew something was up, Got my friend to go look outside and it seemed as if he was shocked or so? he was staring at someone and even got outside more to understand what he's seeing is my guess, he comes back in and says he saw nothing though as soon as I hop back into bed I see him at the front porch again staring at something and when I go back out to him he's coming back in the house? What the ****.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• siyden

• Piney

• papageorge1

• rhysinspire

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird story. You say he looked like he was staring at something, but would that just be your subjective judgment (that could or could not be correct)?

One beyond the normal possibility is that they were alien based lights and it is often claimed that aliens have the ability to make a person not remember/acknowledge events afterwards.

A normal possibility would be a person outside with a powerful flash light and your friend truly didn't see anything and your imagination took over. Seem reasonable?

Is there any electrical transformers on poles near you? They short out and flash sometimes and it's really bright.

No electric transformer poles near me and the reason I believe this was so strange is because as I saw him going out again after he said he saw nothing he was staring at something again, Another thing also is that he seemed really shaken after he went inside, it took him 30 seconds or so to lock a simple push to lock door and he kept looking up as he was locking as if something's coming? It was really weird.

Oh and another thing is my dogs usually bark when someones at the door but no ones at the door and they keep barking? this is happening at 5:23pm

Hello siyden,

This happens quite frequently and I have heard many cases like this in Malaysia including to some friends of mine. The spirits are sometimes called "Jinn". They have the ability to hypnotize its victims and put them in a trance-like state and the victims will follow their orders. These spirits usually reside in jungles or protecting certain lands; they have been around for a long time. Some suicides are also attributed to be caused by these Jinns. Usually, the spirits would start with calling that person's name, again and again, sort of messing with the potential victim's mind first. Some use curiosity to draw the victim closer and closer until they got lost in the jungle. My father (a trekker) had his colleagues got lost in the jungle because he was fascinated by a bird's call and when they found him a few days later he was still dazed eating dirt and bark wood. Till today he couldn't recall what happened except that he saw an unknown bird species. My father also had a friend drowned in a lake because he tried to catch an exotic fish; the Jinn wouldn't let his corpse go until the shaman came to persuade it.

On the other hand, There are other cases like UFO that seem to have flashing lights and make a person seem in trance. (Which I think closely match your case) I think there is a UFO file case from MUFON in Russia that also saw flashing lights from her window and when she got out there, she was in trance and seem to mindlessly walk towards it. Luckily her husband heard her opening the door and stopped her. Just like papageorge1 said above the person wouldn't remember what happen after. There are also known "alien" entities that appear before the person or persons.

So keep watch of this event, because it seems strange this one. Do your area have a history of paranormal or UFO sightings? Or... (I don't meant to offend anyone) does your friend have any mental disorder that you know off? Did you hear any sounds? (Humming or thunder) Is your area surround by forest or woods or an urban area? Was it a clear weather or stormy? (During storms paranormal activity can be magnified) If you think it is a UFO phenomenon, you can try to put video camera pointing towards the suspected area because some UFO's cannot be seen by the naked eye but can be seen on videos, especially infra-red cameras.

Edited by rhysinspire
additional question