Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Study shows cats can be right or left-pawed

UM-Bot

36 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I'm not surprised, my dog Ringo is very much left pawed, so why not cats. 

Neither am I.  My dog Maggie is left pawed.  I've also had cats that batted their toys with their left paw.

• Like 1

Perhaps not surprising as domestic cats are, like humans, wonderfully adaptable. Cats have been described as '... one of evolution's most charismatic creatures. They can live on the highest mountains and in the hottest deserts' by geneticist OBrien.

My cat is ambidextrous as he can use both paws equally well covering up his poop.

Ever notice how you never see a cat 'pick' its nose?

They've done studies with mice by dropping food into a box with a very small opening to see which paw the mouse will use to pull out the food. Mice consistently use the right or left paw to do this, so it's been pretty well proven any animal can be left or right pawed.

And apparently, dogs can be dyslegsic.

It's spelled that way on purpose.

I find amazing how we all (me too) like pet pictures. YouTube is full of very popular clips We all have parents but I don't usually want to see pictures of other people's parents but the pet shots we always like.