Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have solved Zodiac's 340 cipher

Albator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svA49tm6NDE

LIE-SO-I-LAFT-SHAOW-OR-COLD-THOSE-IN-ICE-BOH-DART-SLOT-WITH-AHAL-I-LOOK-LIKE-A-COOLLE-BOY-A-SLAYER-SAE-FLOO-TWO-KELE-IO-TERY-TESO-ETH-ALB-IS-POOT-AWAI-AA-STWO-IO-EHOLY-CNAL-PAARC-SLOLT-EO-EDTA-I-COB-TA-IO-ALL-I-LOOK-CEDAT-OLE-WAY-I-SEND-OOOS-BOOCTIE-I-SEA-OAS-I-LODE-A-CAL-AHLC-SAEDT-TPKE-I-WECL-OAOAO-I-TAAYLLA-DA-HEROAY-IS-A-OTATL-STI-CADB-TOO-LIOS-I-WOE-TOL-AA-CYCLEI-ID-SHALL-HIYA-IT-FOLLOW-THOSE-TRICKY-DYNODE-TYTS-SELCOT-LATO-KIS-BPL

lie so i laft(laughed)

LIE SO I LAUGHED

shaow(show) or cold those in ice

SHOW OR COLD THOSE IN ICE

boh(bow) dart slot with ahal(aha)

BOW DART SLOT WITH AHA

i look like a coolle(cool) boy

I LOOK LIKE A COOL BOY

a slayer sae(sea)

Clue: sea Answer: slew

A SLAYER SLEW

floo(flew) two(tow) kele(keel) io(in) tery(trey) teso(toes)

Clue: flew Answer: raced

Clue: tow Answer: drag

Clue: keel Answer: carina

Clue: trey Answer: triple

Clue: toes Answer: digits

RACED DRAG CARINA IN TRIPLE DIGITS

eth(the) alb is poot(put) awai(away)

Clue: alb Answer: tunic

THE TUNIC IS PUT AWAY

aa(a) stwo(stow) io(in) eholy(holey) cnal(canal)

Clue: stow Answer: stash

Clue: holey Answer: porous

A STASH IN POROUS CANAL

paarc(park) slolt(slot) eo(to) edta(date) I cob ta(at)

Clue: cob Answer: swan

PARK SLOT TO DATE I SWAN AT

io(in) all i look cedat(sedate) ole way

IN ALL I LOOK SEDATE OLE WAY

i send ooos booctie(bootie-booty)

Clue: booty Answer: swag

I SEND SWAG

i sea oas i lode(load)

Clue: sea Answer: slew

Clue: load Answer: slew

I SLEW... I SLEW

a cal(California) ahlc(chal) saedt(sated) tpke(turnpike) I wecl(clew-clue) oaoao

Clue: chal Answer: gipsy

Clue: turnpike Answer: route

Clue: clue Answer: lead

A CALIFORNIA GIPSY SATED ROUTE I LEAD

i taaylla(tell ya) da(the) heroay(hero) is a otatl(total) sti(sty)

Clue: hero Answer: poboy-poor boy

Clue: sty Answer: mess

I TELL YA THE POOR BOY IS A TOTAL MESS

cadb(cab) too... lios(soil) I

CAB TOO... SOIL I

woe...tol(toll)... aa(a) cyclei(cycle)

WOE... TOLL... A CYCLE

id(i) shall hiya(greet) it

I SHALL GREET IT

follow those tricky dynode(die note) tyts(bits) selcot(telcos) lato(side)

FOLLOW THOSE TRICKY DIE NOTE BITS TELCOS SIDE

kis(kiss)... bpl

KISS... BPL

LIE SO I LAUGHED... SHOW OR COLD THOSE IN ICE... BOW DART SLOT WITH AHA... I LOOK LIKE A COOL BOY... A SLAYER SLEW... RACED DRAG CARINA IN TRIPLE DIGITS... THE TUNIC IS PUT AWAY... A STASH IN POROUS CANAL... PARK SLOT TO DATE I SWAN AT... IN ALL I LOOK SEDATE OLE WAY... I SEND SWAG... I SLEW... I SLEW... A CALIFORNIA GIPSY SATED ROUTE I LEAD... I TELL YA THE POOR BOY IS A TOTAL MESS... CAB TOO... SOIL I... WOE... TOLL... A CYCLE... I SHALL GREET IT... FOLLOW THOSE TRICKY DIE NOTE BITS TELCOS SIDE... KISS... BPL

The substitution key allows to solve the map cipher also:

YA(yeah) I SHOT IS OK OEOWA(whoever) CEE(see) AE(a) SLYIIA(slayer) FIA(fire)

Yeah I shot... is ok whoever see a slayer fire

Good for you!!   A simple google search shows it was solved before...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, seeder said:

Seeder, I've looked on Google, and the listings (as of Dec. 2017) do not indicate a FBI authenticated "solve" of the Z340 cypher.

Perhaps you have something newer?

5 hours ago, seeder said:

41 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Seeder, I've looked on Google, and the listings (as of Dec. 2017) do not indicate a FBI authenticated "solve" of the Z340 cypher.

Perhaps you have something newer?

Between those two responses.. I guessing you guys might have a better idea what the OP means than I do.. maybe.

I'm well aware of who the Zodiac killer is, and that there was cryptic stuff with him. But I'm not well read enough on Zodiac and the cryptic stuff to know what the OP means in relation to the rest of it. You guys got some links that can explain this aspect and catch those of us that are probably not as much up to speed please?

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Between those two responses.. I guessing you guys might have a better idea what the OP means than I do.. maybe.

I'm well aware of who the Zodiac killer is, and that there was cryptic stuff with him. But I'm not well read enough on Zodiac and the cryptic stuff to know what the OP means in relation to the rest of it. You guys got some links that can explain this aspect and catch those of us that are probably not as much up to speed please?

Here's a decent, up-to-date start:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/01/zodiac-killer-detectives-hope-dna-will-unlock-murderers-id-at-last.amp.html

• Like 1

Formally, the Z340 denotes "Zodiac encryption, 340 symbols/characters"

This convention (by authorities, not Zodiac) is held for his other letters, for example Z408.

Any "specific trigger" for the Zodiac killings is currently unknown, except in authenticated communications which offers a high desire to "collect souls" for his own "afterlife"

Perhaps the best we can assume is an extremely disturbed individual, with complex, twisted motives which make no "sense"

Think the "Las Vegas Massacre"

Yeah, leave it up to YOUTUBE BOY to solve what experts and a super computer have yet to.

They did solve one, previously unsolved, on that 5 part series that aired recently. Oddly there was a guy on talk radio yesterday complaining that he had tried to call the San Francisco FBI because he had an idea about solving another yet to be solved and they kept hanging up on him without listening to his idea. When asked he explained that one of the new suspects had military code training and he would have served during the time of the enigma machine and they should run the unbroken code thru that and see if they came up with any results. Not an unreasonable idea.

• 2 weeks later...

http://sanfranciscopolice.org/sites/default/files/Documents/PoliceCommission/Letter from Patrick Beland.pdf 

http://sanfranciscopolice.org/30-day-correspondence-police-commission

I sent it to them on January 18th (to the FBI and the Vallejo police also). They posted it on their site on January 29th.

So I guess that means people of San Francisco will have the opportunity to ask questions about it. The Police Commission's next meeting is on February 7th.

Edited by Albator

23 hours ago, Albator said:

http://sanfranciscopolice.org/sites/default/files/Documents/PoliceCommission/Letter from Patrick Beland.pdf 

http://sanfranciscopolice.org/30-day-correspondence-police-commission

I sent it to them on January 18th (to the FBI and the Vallejo police also). They posted it on their site on January 29th.

So I guess that means people of San Francisco will have the opportunity to ask questions about it. The Police Commission's next meeting is on February 7th.

Ok, well..... for folks here on UM that would like to discuss it, could you explain what your solution is supposed to mean please?