Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New fly named after Arnold Schwarzenegger

Still Waters

New species can be named for all types of attributes, but Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County entomologist Brian Brown knew exactly what name to give a bizarre new fly species he discovered in the Brazilian Amazon.

"As soon as I saw those bulging legs, I knew I had to name this one after Arnold," says Brown. "Not only is he a major cultural icon and an important person in the political realm, his autobiography gave me some hope that I could improve my body as a skinny teenager." For these reasons, Brown says, the former governor deserves to have the new fly named in his honor.

https://phys.org/news/2018-01-big-armed-species-arnold-schwarzenegger.html

• Like 3

Was thinking a fly mated with it's maid (legal immigration status unknown), and had offspring which led to a fly divorce and was then discovered in a fly divorce court. Guess I was wrong.

I wonder how Arnold Schwarzeneger feels now, after having the honour of a fly being named after him ?...wow! I bet that's something he never expected. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Astra. said:

I wonder how Arnold Schwarzeneger feels now, after having the honour of a fly being named after him ?...wow! I bet that's something he never expected. 

There was a movie called Super Fly that was made in 1972. Maybe this will inspire him to do a remake.:rolleyes:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hawkin said:

There was a movie called Super Fly that was made in 1972. Maybe this will inspire him to do a remake.:rolleyes:

:lol:..

Imagine when you try and swat it, it grabs your arm, throws you to the ground and buzzes off yelling over it's shoulder: "I'll be backzzz!"

• Like 1

:lol: