Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is an Idea

XenoFish

2 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Yep.. I have..and I work with it too.

I Cant Speak for them,  But if they say it is So... Then I Agree, because I know too ..

No Not Drivel... Truth, !!!..

Think what you want to.. If you don't know, then You Don't Know..

And thats Ok..

You Do You ...

Mo..xx

How poetic. Sounds pretty, but it doesn't justify a damn thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ultima Weapon said:

It's like taking a photo of someone. The photo of the person lives on while the person themselves dies.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

Well the Photo is a Photo..

And the Body Dies but Not the Soul..

Its not hard to Comprehend..

Well Maybe... For you ...

Yep ..

Mo..xx

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Argon said:

I hope i am just having a bad dream. You actually say that electro-chemical processes in a brain metaphorically mean an immortality of another biological machine...this surpasses wildest hallucinations i had on peyote. Thanks.

Stop inserting your woo-woo nonsense into what I'm saying. It isn't that complicated.

Other people 'live on' in our memories, in the same way that they 'live on' in a video recording. 

That which is recorded is dead, but the recording itself lives on.

What do you not get of this?

• Like 2

Just now, Ultima Weapon said:

How poetic. Sounds pretty, but it doesn't justify a damn thing.

Thankyou..Me likes this..!!!

I Wasnt aware I was justifying Myself, 

I thought we were Building Bridges.... hahaha..

Yes..?    No..?

Damn..!!

Mo..xx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Well the Photo is a Photo..

And the Body Dies but Not the Soul..

Its not hard to Comprehend..

Well Maybe... For you ...

Yep ..

Mo..xx

It is hard to comprehend to me. Because I actually give a damn about scientific justification in order for me to accept it. What scientific justification is there for the existence of a 'soul?' What even is a 'soul?' No one ever even seems to define it, yet they continue to assert it's existence without any justification whatsoever. It's maddening to me.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Because I've Seen the Energetic Realm..I work Within the Laws of Nature, and She's Alive..

I know we Are Positive, .masculine, and Negative, Feminine Energy ..

The Physical is Just the Suit We Wear..

This is in All of Us ..

Mo..xx

What do you do to see this realm?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MauriOra said:

Thankyou..Me likes this..!!!

I Wasnt aware I was justifying Myself, 

I thought we were Building Bridges.... hahaha..

Yes..?    No..?

Damn..!!

Mo..xx

It's not about building bridges, it's about backing up your truth claims with facts and evidence. Giving a scientific justification for your claims.

• Like 4

Just now, Ultima Weapon said:

It is hard to comprehend to me. Because I actually give a damn about scientific justification in order for me to accept it. What scientific justification is there for the existence of a 'soul?' What even is a 'soul?' No one ever even seems to define it, yet they continue to assert it's existence without any justification whatsoever. It's maddening to me.

Chill dude, take a breather, have a cig, 

What scientific Criteria is there to Define a Soul..?

A Soul is Energy, Colours and Frequency, Tones, Music..

Mo..xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauriOra said:

A Soul is Energy, Colours and Frequency, Tones, Music..

Random words pulled out *of thin air* does not a definition make.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Chill dude, take a breather, have a cig, 

Relax. I'm not an emotional person in the slightest.

The most you'll ever get from me is mild irritation.

In general with most things, I just don't give a damn.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ultima Weapon said:

It's not about building bridges, it's about backing up your truth claims with facts and evidence. Giving a scientific justification for your claims.

Scientific Justification..Is there Even a Criteria for that.. Are you the Man who's gonna Change the Whole thing if you get Justification??

This is Spirit and Soul.. And it is Energy, Frequency, Colours..

It Doesn't Adhere to Your Structure, Why would it, the Minds in your Realm are Only Open to Tangible Evidence..

Mo..xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

He can find what HE interprets as god based on his greater or lesser understanding BUT NOT what others would interpret as God/a god. There’s a huge difference. Same applies to everyone, yourself included. There is no real room for pontificating on what God/a god may or may not be or our alleged relationship to him/her/it. 

cormac

There is only one way for a human to "interpret " god, and that is via their mind, and all that their mind already believes /contains  So of course you are correct, but what point do you make?

God is real.

It is real in physical terms for many humans, but it is real in relationship terms for a lot more. My wife for example 

Think about the nature of a love between two humans and you might understand  how real and powerful  a faith based relationship between a human and a god can be. 

Pontificating is a negatively value laden word, which demonstrates your bias.   Will and i discuss our relationships with god (and the y are quite different ) Being human we know that such relationships can exist between any human and a god just as any humans can fall in love. 

You are just as open to a connection to a god, either faith based or physical. If it happens, there will be nothing you can do about it.. 

Scientific Justification..Is there Even a Criteria for that.. Are you the Man who's gonna Change the Whole thing if you get Justification??

This is Spirit and Soul.. And it is Energy, Frequency, Colours..

It Doesn't Adhere to Your Structure, Why would it, the Minds in your Realm are Only Open to Tangible Evidence..

Mo..xx

Do you know how we know gravity exists? (beyond being axiomatic of course) Because we can test it over and over again and get the same results. We have a working scientific theory of what it is, and how it operates. We can even calculate the physics of it with pinpoint accuracy. 

You've yet to define a 'soul' beyond random meaningless words, and insist that this method I just described above conveniently doesn't apply to your undefined 'soul'.

You're literally arguing against the very foundation of how we come to know basic facts here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

Questioning God and religion is not a negative. It's not a positive either. It's just the method that we go through to get some place else. 

If the greatest reality is that God is present and active in our minds, then he is certainly involved with every thought we have.

So too with the thoughts that lead to questions about him.

The best I can do on this is ask another question.

So you think questioning is a good thing? 

How does talking with me help you refine your faith? 

For me, I am interested in hearing about your process because I get the impression you are genuinely looking within and doing some healing.

I could be wrong of course. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

What do you do to see this realm?

You tune in to the Frequency, through the Physical body which is a Satellite.. 

Through Thoughts and Feelings, Especially Feelings..

You will feel a Energetic buzz  all over, Once Tapped in, Guides may come through, Depending on the Energy Frequency You are At.. There are Different Frequency Levels ..

Your Right Brain takes over, because it is the Creative, Visual Side, they say Illusion, Most illusion or Visions are Doubted and if you Doubt , You won't get it, You have to Trust in Your Self..

Doubt is a. killer.. To our own Inner Power..

Mo..xx

• Like 3

Nope, I base it on what he posts. It’s not remotely my fault he words things badly. 

cormac

Well as I've said before , because i have a similar understanding and experiences, I have no problem understanding precisely what he is talking about, even where i disagree with some of his interpretations,

If you can't get it, then it is because you are not thinking within the same terms, parameters, and understandings. eg i don't think you get the fact that the evolutionary development of human self aware consciousness creates an intelligence which can recognise the god inside , and around, us, as well as constructing and interpreting  all sorts of individual god forms.

All Humans have a god inside them even if the y construct it themselves , but some never recognise it, nor come to connect with it.  Now if you  don't accept or recognise that you  have a part of god inside you,  then much of what Will speaks of will seem like gobbledygook  to you. 

• Like 2

You tune in to the Frequency, through the Physical body which is a Satellite.. 

Through Thoughts and Feelings, Especially Feelings..

You will feel a Energetic buzz  all over, Once Tapped in, Guides may come through, Depending on the Energy Frequency You are At.. There are Different Frequency Levels ..

Your Right Brain takes over, because it is the Creative, Visual Side, they say Illusion, Most illusion or Visions are Doubted and if you Doubt , You won't get it, You have to Trust in Your Self..

Doubt is a. killer.. To our own Inner Power..

Mo..xx

Doubt is the only way we know anything about the world around us. How will I know the answer to something if I don't first of all question it? To oppose doubt is to believe a potential lie. 

Oh and as for the rest of this woo-hoo whatever, once again, none of it has any scientific justification for it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

That is how the Idea or constructs of god began it is how every human child begins to construct its own god concepts even before it can speak.

However you presupposing that real entities  with power  and purpose who are in in contact with human beings do not exist  They do

Good evidence of human self  awareness, to the point where we began to construct beliefs and religious /spiritual concepts only goes back abut 50 -70000 years when a big evolutionary advance in human cognition lead to more sophisticated language skills abstract, symbolic, and conceptual thinking  

It is not a hard wiring of the brain, so much as an abilty of the mind to think in a certain way (like logically only different)  It is a product of advanced self awareness of ourselves and our environment and thus our abilty to seek answers when we don't have data to provide the real answers  

No That won't change. As we get more knowledge there will be less things we need to use that  part of the brain for, but it will always exist, and  as we venture into the unknown of space and new planets, it might resurface more strongly.

what i call spirituality is what distinguishes us from all other animals The degree of our self aware consciousness.  the abilty to imagine  be creative appreciate beauty and ugliness sonace and dissonance, ask questions, know consequence, understand  the difference between good and evil, life and death, etc.

It is not something which holds us back but allows us to move forward and improve ourselves..  

In your case, It sounds like you need to feel special; therefore you have anthromorphised a god who fills the voids in your life.

Not that there  is anything wrong with this, but this is a common application for god constructs. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 6

41 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

This makes absolutely no sense. What impact does this reverence has on something which has absolutely no existance any more? It is like saying; "The only true immortality is the reverance of something which is now nothing". Totally nonsensical.

Do you remember who Einstein was? 

He has been dead for over 60 years. 

He made an impact and he lives on in many memories as does his groundbreaking work. 

That seems to make sense to me just fine. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Do you remember who Einstein was? 

Do you remember who Donald Duck was?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultima Weapon said:

Do you know how we know gravity exists? (beyond being axiomatic of course) Because we can test it over and over again and get the same results. We have a working scientific theory of what it is, and how it operates. We can even calculate the physics of it with pinpoint accuracy. 

You've yet to define a 'soul' beyond random meaningless words, and insist that this method I just described above conveniently doesn't apply to your undefined 'soul'.

You're literally arguing against the very foundation of how we come to know basic facts here.

Yes I am..

You know why..

Your World of Facts and Proof is only One Reality.. 

Materialistic.. The Spiritual Realm Exists, You want it to walk up to you and Tap you on the Shoulder.. Tangible, 

I just had a thought..

It can't because of the closed Mindset and the Lower Frequencies You Emit..

*snip*

Mo..xx

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

In your case, It sounds like you need to feel special; therefore you have anthromorphised a god who fills the voids in your life.

The only one true god is Epiphany, god of personal experiences.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ultima Weapon said:

The only one true god is Epiphany, god of personal experiences.

I am not clear what you mean.

Again, who’s god? Granted I haven’t read this entire thread but I’ve seen nothing recently about you stipulating you’re talking about your own personal interpretation of God. But enough to suggest you’re force-fitting your interpretations on to others, just as Mr. Walker tends to do. I personally take offense at that. Believe what you want but don’t push it my way. 

cormac

Any one's  god.

I cant push anything on you (or on any one else)  You are constructing an "offensive defense"  to protect your own solidified world view

ie you are taking offence at an alternative world view, which you dislike.

It s simple When i know something is either beneficial or harmful to other humans I have a duty and responsibility to publish that. Then my duty/obligation stops, because once informed, every adult human is responsible for how the y live their lives and must wear the consequences of their behaviours.

Because all humans are basically the same, physically and psychologically,  what is good or harmful for one, will be good or harmful for all.

No matter what their own opinions or feelings are.

Eg someone might believe smoking is good for them, and relieves their stress, yet in reality it has a 30% chance of killing the smoker, as a direct consequence.   I have a duty to make that fact known, even if it upsets the smoker.   

. Sorry i saw my name in your post and responded to it, but your question was really directed a t Will, who may have a different answer. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Yes I am..

You know why..

Your World of Facts and Proof is only One Reality.. 

Materialistic.. The Spiritual Realm Exists, You want it to walk up to you and Tap you on the Shoulder.. Tangible, 

I just had a thought..

It can't because of the closed Mindset and the Lower Frequencies You Emit..

*snip*

Mo..xx

How is Ultima exhibiting a lower frequency?

• Like 4

• The topic was locked