Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is an Idea

XenoFish

39 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

And you call a memory of a person the immortality of that person? Am i dreaming this?

Its the only honest true way to traverse death. In memory. We know how the body functions including the brain. There is simply no good reason to accept ancient tales as gospel. If there was anything to it at all  someone someplace would have something tangible. We don't. One has to convince oneself of snow afterlife because no evidence exists 

Plenty to say death is final though. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

I am not clear what you mean.

Every religious and spiritual person it's the same. No facts, no science, not studies, nada. I've yet to ever encounter a single religious or spiritual person EVER that based their entire worldview on anything other than their own personal experiences or revelations. That is what they truly worship. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Ultima Weapon said:

Doubt is the only way we know anything about the world around us. How will I know the answer to something if I don't first of all question it? To oppose doubt is to believe a potential lie. 

Oh and as for the rest of this woo-hoo whatever, once again, none of it has any scientific justification for it.

Scientific Justification, blah blah They Don't Care about Your Science...They are Actually Appalled, by Sciences Justification

Doubt in this physical Reality..

Yes lots of Doubt.. Everywhere..

Hence, why they can't come through...

Doubt in your Own Inherant Power Within..That we all have, Even a Left Brainer like you..

There's hope for you..too lolz

Or Not, Each to their Own..!!

Mo..xx

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Its the only honest true way to traverse death. In memory. We know how the body functions including the brain. There is simply no good reason to accept ancient tales as gospel. If there was anything to it at all  someone someplace would have something tangible. We don't. One has to convince oneself of snow afterlife because no evidence exists 

Plenty to say death is final though. 

The memory of a person simply does not have anything to do with immortality of that person, no matter how you interpret memory. You have a memory of something that WAS and which IS NO MORE. (according to your worldview).

Is that so hard to comprehend?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ultima Weapon said:

The only reality one could ever know for certain exists, is the reality founded on facts.

Your reality is founded on nothing but your own imagination, therefore it is nothing more than a delusion.

All human reality is based upon human perception which includes many factors of intelligence including the abilty to imagine  How we perceive the world as an individual is never really a delusion (unless one is mentally ill)   just an individual perception of a common reality.  

Just now, MauriOra said:

Scientific Justification, blah blah They Don't Care about Your Science...They are Actually Appalled, by Sciences Justification

Doubt in this physical Reality..

Yes lots of Doubt.. Everywhere..

Hence, why they can't come through...

Doubt in your Own Inherant Power Within..That we all have, Even a Left Brainer like you..

There's hope for you..too lolz

Or Not, Each to their Own..!!

Mo..xx

Indulge with me for a minute or two in this simple question...

What pray tell do the 'spirits' or whatever you're apparently in contact with tell you about me?

I'm dying to know.

• Like 5

Just now, Ultima Weapon said:

Every religious and spiritual person it's the same. No facts, no science, not studies, nada. I've yet to ever encounter a single religious or spiritual person EVER that based their entire worldview on anything other than their own personal experiences or revelations. That is what they truly worship. 

Gotcha, I personally have no issue with this, as long as they stay in their own lane. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

Again, who's God? Mr. Walker doesn't speak for me, nor for many others I'd imagine.

How would you know really? Actually, you wouldn't and likely couldn't. 

As you have no real idea what others believe, myself for example, you have nothing either valid or useful to base that assumption on IMO. 

cormac

Yet we know as a human being what you are capable of in your mind,  and what your potential is.

We also know some things you do not know about the nature of god and his connection to people.

We can make valid assessments based on those things.

it is not what you choose to believe, but what you are capable of believing which counts.

It is not what you know, but what you are capable of knowing, which is important.    We know who and what you COULD be, if you allowed yourself to be.  :) 

Kinda scary stuff, but i have post and pre understandings and experiences to know this by. Ie I've been like you are now, and I am as i am now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Do you remember who Donald Duck was?

Sure, a cartoon  character who was brought to us by three particular writers employed by Walt Disney and the characters name even possibly influenced by our own famous Aussie Sir Donald Bradman. 

I remember the names of the people who created the character  who brought that character to us, and the man he may have been named from. And I remember the character as their work 

See how easy it is to separate fantasy from fact with a little effort? The fantasy was the character of the people involved with providing entertainment. 

Gods like that, he is a character, the people who wrote his character into existance are immortalised by naming chapters of the Bible after themselves. The afterlife is like the Donald Duck universe rather than a real place as well. 

God is just an idea, like Donald Duck. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Ultima Weapon said:

Indulge with me for a minute or two in this simple question...

What pray tell do the 'spirits' or whatever you're apparently in contact with tell you about me?

I'm dying to know.

No Don't Die,

We'd All miss the Joy Your Spreading..

They Say, You have a Wonderful Attitude and to Keep Spreading your Happiness wherever you go..

Kidding, that's compliments of My Observations of your Charm..

I'm not Giving you a Reading Dude.. Your not worthy of my Time...

Go pay for one, ..!!!

Mo..xx

7 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

The memory of a person simply does not have anything to do with immortality of that person, no matter how you interpret memory. You have a memory of something that WAS and which IS NO MORE. (according to your worldview).

Is that so hard to comprehend?

Because the memory left with others is really the only thing to survive death. 

Its hard to comprehend your answer because the analogy is incredibly simple. What is hard to comprehend us you struggling with such basics. 

I don't think you are, I think your just being deliberately obtuse 

• Like 4

Just now, MauriOra said:

No Don't Die,

We'd All miss the Joy Your Spreading..

They Say, You have a Wonderful Attitude and to Keep Spreading your Happiness wherever you go..

Kidding, that's compliments of My Observations of your Charm..

I'm not Giving you a Reading Dude.. Your not worthy of my Time...

Go pay for one, ..!!!

Mo..xx

Scams aren't for free I suppose.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ultima Weapon said:

Damn straight.

Too Straight.. Towing the Dead Line....

But algud.. Do you ..

Mo..xx

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Because the memory left with others is really the only thing to survive death. 

Its hard to comprehend your answer because the analogy is incredibly simple. What is hard to comprehend us you struggling with such basics. 

I don't think you are, I think your just being deliberately obtuse 

Then Donald Duck is also immortal.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ultima Weapon said:

Scams aren't for free I suppose.

(Dam, I didnt see the word "Scam" lolz.. Note to Self, Pay Attention...)

Yes Lefty..

Just not For You.. I have to take time out to Do it..

And.... Nah.. Not for you..

Damn Straight..!!!

Mo..xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, khol said:

Well I would love to hear about this sometime

Ive been banging on about it on UM for 14 years. :)

Some have grown weary. :( 

Basically, as well as the thought constructs humans create about gods, there are alien entities who have had long contact wth humans, and who have an agenda to help humans survive and join the  "confederation of peaceful species" amongst the stars.  They have worked with humans for as long as we have developed enough self conscious awareness to recognise them eg with neandertals and cro magnons, up until the present day.  The y intervene physically, but also work as ideas and concpet via belief.

I've been in mental contact with what i call the cosmic consciousness since i was 12 or so, and received enlightenment or gnosis , and physical agents of this consciousness began manifesting to guide, protect, educate and empower me, when i was about 22  (45 years ago) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Yet we know as a human being what you are capable of in your mind,  and what your potential is.

We also know some things you do not know about the nature of god and his connection to people.

We can make valid assessments based on those things.

it is not what you choose to believe, but what you are capable of believing which counts.

It is not what you know, but what you are capable of knowing, which is important.    We know who and what you COULD be, if you allowed yourself to be.  :) 

Kinda scary stuff, but i have post and pre understandings and experiences to know this by. Ie I've been like you are now, and I am as i am now. 

Who is we? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

Right, because you can speak with any authority as to what God's/a gods reality actually is. Nope, I'm not buying that. That is nothing more than your opinion and nothing else and should not be expressed as anything more than your opinion. While you're entitled to your own opinion you're not entitled to your own facts, it doesn't work that way. 

cormac

Actually it does.

In all things.

Every human has some knowledge gained through experience, which other humans do not have. These are his or her "own facts" known to no one else. 

God exists.

I know "him" 

I live daily with his physical presence and would have been killed, if not for his direct physical interventions .

That is a fact,  and it is a fact in your universe as much as mine, because  our universes are the same one 

Of course you don't have to accept it, and you can deny it  to be true, yet it is what it is.

And, in reality, it may not matter, as you may never encounter god, or have need of its presence in your life, and may die never having experienced its power, wisdom, and protection.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Gotcha, I personally have no issue with this, as long as they stay in their own lane. 

Me Neither, I Enjoy it..

No Lanes in my Mind ..

I Have the Whole, I Don't Limit My Self...

My.. xx

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ultima Weapon said:

Because you've seen it. Riiiiiight... And all the other thousands of religious and spiritual people out there who claim to have seen it too are wrong, but you're the one that's right. Same old drivel every time...

No.  They may ALL be right.  After all they are all making a very similar claim, as individuals, and through individual perceptions and understandings, and  it is possible that the only ones who are wrong are those who cling to  a steadfast belief that it does not exist 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Actually it does.

In all things.

Every human has some knowledge gained through experience, which other humans do not have. These are his or her "own facts" known to no one else. 

God exists.

I know "him" 

I live daily with his physical presence and would have been killed, if not for his direct physical interventions .

That is a fact,  and it is a fact in your universe as much as mine, because  our universes are the same one 

Of course you don't have to accept it, and you can deny it  to be true, yet it is what it is.

And, in reality, it may not matter, as you may never encounter god, or have need of its presence in your life, and may die never having experienced its power, wisdom, and protection.   

Here come the holier than thou speeches.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

Just now, Mr Walker said:

No.  They may ALL be right.  After all they are all making a very similar claim, as individuals, and through individual perceptions and understandings, and  it is possible that the only ones who are wrong are those who cling to  a steadfast belief that it does not exist 

First of all, similar is not same.

Second, no they aren't. Their claims are incredibly diverse. From pantheism to polytheism to monotheism, every way shape and form of the afterlife, all sorts of spirits and differing theologies, etc. The only thing that's the same is their consistent contradiction. Which leads me to my third point...

Third, they violate the law of non-contradiction. Contradictory claims cannot both be true. And if there's one thing that's contradictory, it's religion.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Know one knows one way or the other, the most intelligent position is that which has no evidence can only be taken on faith. 

Your are being mislead by your own ignorance ( Platonic) and arrogance. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Argon said:

I hope i am just having a bad dream. You actually say that electro-chemical processes in a brain metaphorically mean an immortality of another biological machine which ceased to function...this surpasses wildest hallucinations i had on peyote. Thanks.

It s comprehensible

What it means is that to someone who believes there is no physical after life or continuation  of consciousness the ONLY form of immortality for a human being is their reputation and the traces they leave behnd.

As a genealogist i can understand the truth of this   i carry within me knowledge and appreciations of relatives going back several hundred years.  I've felt their pain at losing children to cholera and experienced the birth of a child on the voyage out to Australia  (the child was born with a caul and was named Violet  after the ship she came out on. )

I've  listed to their experiences (written down in letter books and daily journals)  teaching 134 kids in one class room, and refusing a mother's instruction cane her child in front  of the class because of his disobedience  I've sen a brother marry one woman and have a long happy marriage, and when she died, marry her sister.

Those people live on in me and in the genealogy i wrote of our family history   allowing others, as well, to appreciate the genius of the violin maker, the smarts of the chief inspector of schools ,the craftsmanship of the man who designed railway stations for the govt etc. 

29 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

How is Ultima exhibiting a lower frequency?

Through his whole Satellite Body..

When your Mind and Heart is Closed to Your Energetic Spiritual Side, and is Only Acknowledging The Physicality, The Frequency  Vibrates at a Lower Hum..Because its only Vibrating at 50% .and these are the Lower Frequencies... Only Half....

Dense ..!!

Mo..xx

• Like 2

• The topic was locked