Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is an Idea

XenoFish

8 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Actually it does.

In all things.

Every human has some knowledge gained through experience, which other humans do not have. These are his or her "own facts" known to no one else. 

God exists.

I know "him" 

I live daily with his physical presence and would have been killed, if not for his direct physical interventions .

That is a fact,  and it is a fact in your universe as much as mine, because  our universes are the same one 

Of course you don't have to accept it, and you can deny it  to be true, yet it is what it is.

And, in reality, it may not matter, as you may never encounter god, or have need of its presence in your life, and may die never having experienced its power, wisdom, and protection.   

Wrong, facts by any meaningful definition can be proven to be true to anyone regardless of personal belief. What you and other like minded individuals have are personal beliefs and opinions you believe are true but that have no verifiable supporting evidence to show them as actually true. That you apparently can’t tell the difference says a lot. 

cormac

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ultima Weapon said:

It is hard to comprehend to me. Because I actually give a damn about scientific justification in order for me to accept it. What scientific justification is there for the existence of a 'soul?' What even is a 'soul?' No one ever even seems to define it, yet they continue to assert it's existence without any justification whatsoever. It's maddening to me.

Thus proving you have a soul; otherwise the dilemma wouldn't affect you . :) 

The human  souls is scientifically demonstrable depending on how you  define it.

However it seems mortal, and connected to the organic brain and mental process of a self aware being You can sing and dance  love and hate,  because you have a soul

https://medium.com/complex-systems-channel/the-scientific-soul-e31418ef3e5c

Edited by Mr Walker

7 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Through his whole Satellite Body..

When your Mind and Heart is Closed to Your Energetic Spiritual Side, and is Only Acknowledging The Physicality, The Frequency  Vibrates at a Lower Hum..Because its only Vibrating at 50% .and these are the Lower Frequencies... Only Half....

Dense ..!!

Mo..xx

Ma ori, you don't know Ultima's spiritual side if he has one or not, he is appropriate to ask questions and conclude based on the evidence and not be put down for it.

He is not attacking you, he is just seems to be saying for him it isn't credible without evidence. IMHO

Come on girl you are better than this. 

We don't want this thread closed down.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Then Donald Duck is also immortal.

Of course, he will outlive memories of me or you for sure, he might still be gracing televisions in a thousand years who knows. Easy to live forever when you don't really exist. 

Consider the people who brought Donald into existence. Walt Disney, Dick Huemer, Art Babbitt, Dick Lund and Sir Donald Bradman are the people who are invoked also if someone wants to know how Donald came to be. So those guys have their immortality through what they did in their time here, they made many laugh and smile, and for that I think they deserve to be remembered in this way. As long as Donald makes people laugh, the memory of those men will live on because of what they did. 

Do you feel immortality should be restricted to God's and men or something? 

Do you take offence at not being the most important species in the universe or something? 

• Like 4

Random words pulled outta your ass does not a definition make.

Ah, perhaps you do not have a soul after all :) 

Can you sense beauty? . Feel love? Be jealous?  Can you use abstract and symbolic thoughts to write a  poem or produce a piece of art? That proves you have a human soul.  Would you give a single rose to a woman ? (or a bloke if that is your preference ) Does the smell of napalm in the morning turn you on? 

slide_7.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

In your case, It sounds like you need to feel special; therefore you have anthromorphised a god who fills the voids in your life.

Not that there  is anything wrong with this, but this is a common application for god constructs. 

Oh California girl :) I dont need you or others to make me feel special or validate my being. Neither do i need a god.   I AM special, and I am validated  I've been so all my life, from long before i encountered god.  .

There are no voids in my life. ALL my psychological needs are met by the reality of my existence. Love, respect, purpose, belonging etc. I dont need to insert a god construct in the mix to gain them.  The y come from my character and  family, work, neighbours and community.   It is the voids in your life caused by your childhood upbringing which you try to use to understand me.

i was raised with love and discipline, remember :) I have self worth and my own value as a human being, thanks to my upbringing.  I don't have to struggle or seek to find them. They've been with me always,  instilled in,me by great parenting and lots of love and challenges..      

7 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Ma ori, you don't know Ultima's spiritual side if he has one or not, he is appropriate to ask questions and conclude based on the evidence and not be put down for it.

He is not attacking you, he is just seems to be saying for him it isn't credible without evidence. IMHO

Come on girl you are better than this. 

We don't want this thread closed down.

Ok, I Can Do That..

All Humans Have This Energetic Field, Spiritual Or Not Spiritual..

And Sherry.. Your Wrong he has Been Cheeky..  

But...

I Will Leave This Be..

Mo..xx

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Will Due said:

It just occured to me.

It's a good idea that God isn't just an idea.

And that's a fact.

No it is not a fact. 

Its something you just made up. 

• Like 2

Every religious and spiritual person it's the same. No facts, no science, not studies, nada. I've yet to ever encounter a single religious or spiritual person EVER that based their entire worldview on anything other than their own personal experiences or revelations. That is what they truly worship. 

Hang on.  Unfortunately most of them base it on the words of some book or preacher, and NOT their own personal experiences.

Basing it on personal experience would be much more valid because it would become tailored to their own needs, strengths, and weaknesses . 

5 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Ok, I Can Do That..

All Humans Have This Energetic Field, Spiritual Or Not Spiritual..

And Sherry.. Your Wrong he has Been Cheeky..  

But...

I Will Leave This Be..

Mo..xx

Fair enough, but 

You are our Ma Ori

Love and peace :wub:

"Picture [her] in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes" ( Beatles).

Thankyou.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Oh California girl :) I dont need you or others to make me feel special or validate my being. Neither do i need a god.   I AM special, and I am validated  I've been so all my life, from long before i encountered god.  .

There are no voids in my life. ALL my psychological needs are met by the reality of my existence. Love, respect, purpose, belonging etc. I dont need to insert a god construct in the mix to gain them.  The y come from my character and  family, work, neighbours and community.   It is the voids in your life caused by your childhood upbringing which you try to use to understand me.

i was raised with love and discipline, remember :) I have self worth and my own value as a human being, thanks to my upbringing.  I don't have to struggle or seek to find them. They've been with me always,  instilled in,me by great parenting and lots of love and challenges..      

Same time tommorrow you will be here feeding your faith.

It just doesn't seem to have any grit, or fortitude. 

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

slide_7.jpg

Nothing new there, that's how science works, I guess you missed the posts on phlogiston? 

That does not mean what we know now is wrong. Take, atoms, sure there might be more to learn yet but that does not mean what we do know us wrong, in fact it is unlikely to be wrong. We will add to the knowledge we have, but what we do have is supported by multiple sources. It's not a best guess, it's what is most likely according to what we know. 

All you have to do is show direct proof of the supernatural  and science is completky happy to rewrite all as it did with phlogiston. Thing is, we have far better explainations than the supernatural which are all testable and repeatable upon demand. Talws of the supernatural are jus tales. That's the big difference here. 

If anything, you just supported a secular view 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sherapy said:

You are our Ma ori, 

"Picture [her] in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes" ( Beatles).

Thankyou.

LOOOOLLL..

Your Awesomeness Miss Sheri..

Thankyou, that Made My Night..

I See It, ....and I Like..!!!!

Hey Thankyou too, ( you gave me a "reminder" hahahaha..!!)

Good looking out..

Peace to you and yours xx

Mo..xx

• Like 3

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Because the memory left with others is really the only thing to survive death. 

Its hard to comprehend your answer because the analogy is incredibly simple. What is hard to comprehend us you struggling with such basics. 

I don't think you are, I think your just being deliberately obtuse 

Or he does not accept  your premise tha  the soul/consciousness does not survive death. Or that thus, only memories are a person's legacy

There  is not much comparison between YOU remaining alive and conscious, or being reincarnated or restored  to life, and OTHERS remembering you.  One is only a virtual immortality not a physical one 

There is already talk of inserting  memory implants so you can remember and record  in full detail events in your past For example your honeymoon or a sporting event  (once the y are recorded on the implant)

In future you might download all of your loved ones thoughts and memories and be able to go through them in your mind   That would e the ultimate virtual  immortality but it would not be actual immortality which would only come if that storage could be reactivated into a living learning consciousness   

Edited by Mr Walker

Deteriorata

You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right to be here.
Deteriorata. Deteriorata.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste,
And remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Avoid quiet and passive persons, unless you are in need of sleep.
Rotate your tires.
Speak glowingly of those greater than yourself,
And heed well their advice, even though they be turkeys.
Know what to kiss, and when.
Consider that two wrongs never make a right, but that three do.
Wherever possible, put people on hold.
Be comforted that in the face of all aridity and disillusionment,
and despite the changing fortunes of time,
There is always a big future in computer maintenance.

You are a fluke of the universe.
You have no right to be here.
And whether you can hear it or not,
The universe is laughing behind your back.

Remember The Pueblo.
Strive at all times to bend, fold, spindle, and mutilate.
Know yourself.
If you need help, call the FBI.
Exercise caution in your daily affairs,
Especially with those persons closest to you -
That lemon on your left, for instance.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls
Would scarcely get your feet wet.
Fall not in love therefore. It will stick to your face.
Gracefully surrender the things of youth: birds, clean air, tuna, Taiwan.
And let not the sands of time get in your lunch.
Hire people with hooks.
For a good time, call 606-4311. Ask for Ken.
Take heart in the bedeepening gloom
That your dog is finally getting enough cheese.
And reflect that whatever fortune may be your lot,
It could only be worse in Milwaukee.

Therefore, make peace with your god,
Whatever you perceive him to be - hairy thunderer, or cosmic muffin.
With all its hopes, dreams, promises, and urban renewal,
The world continues to deteriorate.
Give up!

• Like 2

Just now, MauriOra said:

LOOOOLLL..

Your Awesomeness Miss Sheri..

Thankyou, that Made My Night..

I See It, ....and I Like..!!!!

Hey Thankyou too, ( you gave me a "reminder" hahahaha..!!)

Good looking out..

Peace to you and yours xx

Mo..xx

One of has to be the sunshine and you are the best at it. 

Peace to you too. :wub:

• Like 2

a685d03db8d36e3aeef4f42237e4e2f4.jpgLewis Carroll 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MauriOra said:

Scientific Justification, blah blah They Don't Care about Your Science...They are Actually Appalled, by Sciences Justification

Doubt in this physical Reality..

Yes lots of Doubt.. Everywhere..

Hence, why they can't come through...

Doubt in your Own Inherant Power Within..That we all have, Even a Left Brainer like you..

There's hope for you..too lolz

Or Not, Each to their Own..!!

Mo..xx

Cell phones emit uhf (ultra high frequency). If I sleep under a cell tower? Will my conscienceness be raised?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MauriOra said:

You tune in to the Frequency, through the Physical body which is a Satellite.. 

Through Thoughts and Feelings, Especially Feelings..

You will feel a Energetic buzz  all over, Once Tapped in, Guides may come through, Depending on the Energy Frequency You are At.. There are Different Frequency Levels ..

Your Right Brain takes over, because it is the Creative, Visual Side, they say Illusion, Most illusion or Visions are Doubted and if you Doubt , You won't get it, You have to Trust in Your Self..

Doubt is a. killer.. To our own Inner Power..

Mo..xx

Yes. The act of believing is very very very important. 

• Like 2

First of all, similar is not same.

Second, no they aren't. Their claims are incredibly diverse. From pantheism to polytheism to monotheism, every way shape and form of the afterlife, all sorts of spirits and differing theologies, etc. The only thing that's the same is their consistent contradiction. Which leads me to my third point...

Third, they violate the law of non-contradiction. Contradictory claims cannot both be true. And if there's one thing that's contradictory, it's religion.

I don't see the diversity you do The cosmic consciousness has connected to humans for say 70000 years.

As a cromagnon shaman i would connect to it as presence which showed me how to hunt or taught me techniques for gathering food  or for safer child birth.  I would think of it a s maybe the spirit of the sun or earth or sky depending what my climate was like.

As a Sumerian I would sense it a s the spirit existng in all things so that bricks were not just made with clay, straw, and water, but also with spirit energy and magic.

As an ancient  hebiru evolving a patriarchal and monotheistic god, I might hear and perceive it as the voice of that god.

But as a pagan i might sense it in all lving things (Even in the 1800s Christians were divided about whether the christian god was pantheistic or not)

And so, for every individual human and every culture, the still but powerful voice of god comes through to individuals but is heard via the knowldge science and prior beliefs of the humans of the time

What i see are humans from  the dawn of time, until today, across every culture and continent, recognising and communing with this consciousness.  

One entity, many interpretations, and hence divergence of religions. A religion is only a football team.

It is the football which is the centre of the game, and the game can be played in many ways . 

Are you sure the way you view this is not a construct of cognitive bias against religions per se? 

Religions are developed for humans They provide a group identity  a common liturgy, good bad or indifferent music and singing,  sometimes pretty costumes and good pot luck dinners.

But the important thing is the connection between an individual human and their god.

In reality there should be a difernt religion for every human being, but humans join together in groups of like and exclude unlike. (Think football supporters again Even playing the same bloody game they become tribal )  :)  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

All of us are artists of some kind; we have inside of us a book, a song, an invention, an elegant economic system, a movie, something. If we will open our minds and allow our Higher Self, our Daemon to part the clouds of the average and collective and let the light of the eternal realm of Sophia or Eleleth turn us into trickster gods.

Why doesn't that ever work though? No amount of superstition will make this fantasy a reality.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

Wrong, facts by any meaningful definition can be proven to be true to anyone regardless of personal belief. What you and other like minded individuals have are personal beliefs and opinions you believe are true but that have no verifiable supporting evidence to show them as actually true. That you apparently can’t tell the difference says a lot. 

cormac

Wrong. I cant prove to you now, what i had for breakfast today   But because it is a non contentious fact you will accept it on faith 

Almost NO personally acquired knowledge can be  proven or demonstrated  to another. How this is done is to replicate a SIMILAR event so another can experience it and verify it.

I 've had dolphins jump over me in a small boat, been chased by a great white, while water skiing,had a 2 metre goanna in my wood heap,    and many other real experiences.  But i cant prove any one of them to be truths to you. I might be making them up.   Non the  less, they are true and what you believe, based on your lack of experience is irrelevant, as is whether i can prove their truth to you. Of course there was verifiable supporting evidences during each event.  That is how one tells reality from  imagination.   . 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked

Topic closed for cleaning.

This is the only time I will remind all posters of this forums guidelines.

Please always respect the beliefs of other members - the bashing of specific religions, countries, races or belief systems is strictly disallowed. Several of the topics in this section cover some sensitive areas and it is important to respect the views of others; this means no flaming, no flamebaiting, no trolling and no personal attacks. 

if I see any further violations of these cinditions I will issue warnings.

I'm not finished cleaning things up yet. Warnings may yet be issued.

• Like 1