Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
XenoFish

God is an Idea

1,625 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Will Due
Just now, Sherapy said:

For example, use me.

 

Especially you Sheri.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
Just now, Will Due said:

 

Especially you Sheri.

 

 

What are your take aways about god from me?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
Just now, cormac mac airt said:

And yet you claim to know the reality of God as you claim to see him in all of us. Sounds rather pretentious and even a bit egotistical on your part IMO. Particularly since you’re effectively claiming to understand the psychological underpinnings of a merged deity that never originally existed in either pantheon. I think not. 

cormac

 

I think all pantheons exist because people are working with God. Those who oppose God are effectively helping him to reveal himself too.

IMHO

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

What are your take aways about god from me?

 

That nothing true can be taken away from you. And like all of us, we're on a journey of discovery. One step at a time.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sherapy
Just now, Will Due said:

 

That nothing true can be taken away from you. And like all of us, we're on a journey of discovery. One step at a time.

 

 

I am not clear on what you mean.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I think all pantheons exist because people are working with God. Those who oppose God are effectively helping him to reveal himself too.

IMHO

If that were true then God would definitely qualify as a psychopath in some pantheons. Not a great recommendation for your proposed deity. 

cormac

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
54 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

 

main-qimg-e1c5df21a3fec8e419fce6575197c27c.png

 Sorry What is that a graph of ?  It looks like american statistics.  By comarison here is another graph and again i am not sure what group it represents eg american or global.  but i suspect American  The figures surprised even me  

Related image

Religion Among the Millennials | Pew Research Center - Pew Forum ...

 

Edited by Mr Walker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
24 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

I am not clear on what you mean.

 

Questioning God and religion is not a negative. It's not a positive either. It's just the method that we go through to get some place else. 

If the greatest reality is that God is present and active in our minds, then he is certainly involved with every thought we have.

So too with the thoughts that lead to questions about him.

 

 

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
2 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

If that were true then God would definitely qualify as a psychopath in some pantheons. Not a great recommendation for your proposed deity. 

cormac

 

Thanks for your support. You just made the case for what I've been trying to say to another poster in this thread.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Illyrius
3 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

 Sorry What is that a graph of ?  It looks like american statistics.  By comarison here is another graph and again i am not sure what group it represents eg american or global. 

 

It's an UK poll. I think similar trend is present across most of Europe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
35 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Which god would that be as there’s plenty of evidence to suggest that the modern Judeo-Christian God, Yahweh, is a merging of the Midianite/Edomite mountain/storm god Yahweh who wasn’t a creator deity to begin with and the Canaanite god El who was. The Israelites/Hebrews/Jews are well known as having taken myths and legends from other cultures and reworking them to serve their own religious agenda. 

cormac

Will said god not religious belief.

  One god many interpretations due to the differences in individuals and cultures.

Every human has god within them, and can connect to god through faith, through   seeking that aspect of god within them,  or through  physical contact.

   But what you do then, with that knowledge/ understanding /belief,  about god,  differs from  person to person. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

 

Thanks for your support. You just made the case for what I've been trying to say to another poster in this thread.

 

 

And yet you presume to speak for a made-up deity. You’re not helping you argument any at all. You might want to think about that. 

cormac

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
1 minute ago, Mr Walker said:

Will said god not religious belief.

  One god many interpretations due to the differences in individuals and cultures.

Every human has god within them, and can connect to god through faith, through   seeking that aspect of god within them,  or through  physical contact.

   But what you do then, with that knowledge/ understanding /belief,  about god,  differs from  person to person. 

Please, spare me your interpretation of what someone else said. 

cormac

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
22 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And yet you claim to know the reality of God as you claim to see him in all of us. Sounds rather pretentious and even a bit egotistical on your part IMO. Particularly since you’re effectively claiming to understand the psychological underpinnings of a merged deity that never originally existed in either pantheon. I think not. 

cormac

Will can find god within himself and thus know (given that he is human like you )  that  god exists within you.

He cannot, however, "discover"  the god within you. Only you can do that; and it WILL take a different form to the one within Will,  because you are different from Will.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

If that were true then God would definitely qualify as a psychopath in some pantheons. Not a great recommendation for your proposed deity. 

cormac

 

One more thing. 

Yes, God would qualify as a psychopath. So when you think about this falsehood, God is revealing himself with your thoughts.

Because true thinking will not allow that God is a psychopath.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Please, spare me your interpretation of what someone else said. 

cormac

Well you seem you be struggling by yourself to interpret what he is saying  :)  You are trying to interpret his words through your own preconceptions and understandings. Natural, but makes understanding of Will's explanations  difficult 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr Walker
5 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And yet you presume to speak for a made-up deity. You’re not helping you argument any at all. You might want to think about that. 

cormac

Will knows that his god is not made up but real. So do i, for different reasons, and through different experiences. We can only speak for the god we individually know and understand, while both knowing that god.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Will can find god within himself and thus know (given that he is human like you )  that  god exists within you.

He cannot, however, "discover"  the god within you. Only you can do that; and it WILL take a different form to the one within Will,  because you are different from Will.   

He can find what HE interprets as god based on his greater or lesser understanding BUT NOT what others would interpret as God/a god. There’s a huge difference. Same applies to everyone, yourself included. There is no real room for pontificating on what God/a god may or may not be or our alleged relationship to him/her/it. 

cormac

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
18 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Proofs... Again..

From Who..?

From the earth. From space, observation and experimentation. 

Quote

I Understand that its from the Learned Minds in the Establishment ..

No, sorry to say but you are wrong, that is a paranoid outlook. Have you visited Waitaki? Mountains of evidence there showing evolutionary evidence. Any museum, its all out there on display. You cannot alter change or deny that which has happened and preserved by time. 

Have you never found artifacts or fossils? I have some from New Zealand myself. 

Quote

But Clued Up People, know that anything that is Real Truth will Not be told, it will be Mocked and Made a Jest of ..

Isn't that what light angel yourself and Mr argon are doing? 

You are all mocking science while you make stuff up and call such 'truths' I find the way that light angel addresses anyone who does not follow her ways very rude. 

Science offers a choice, what I am getting from poster like light angel is fear. Fear that knowledge will erode the personal view she is pushing, fear from you that we might be just another animal, fear from Mr Argon the life ends. Not one of you are willing to explore these avenues even though that is not hard and interesting, I am just seeing believers pull their cloak of belief ever more tightly around themselves and try to force it onto others. That is not being clued up I'm afraid. 

Is a choice, you don't have to take in anything I say, what gives you comfort is what I have to you to follow, all I have done is present evidence and knew knowledge from those who pushed past what they were told and went on journeys of discovery, what they have revealed is what I am sharing here. 

Quote

Ancient tales got it Wrong, because they had No Proofs, ..?

Because they were our first guesses at trying to figure out all that is around us. We had to start somewhere and thank goodness someone did, that set benchmarks to challenge and drove us to seek out more answers. 

We now know thunder is not the sound of Thors mighty hammer, we know lighting is a result of built up charge, not Zeus' spear we know the earth goes around the sun, not the other way around. 

We now have better information, more knowledge. That's all. 

Quote

How Many Teachings of Truth have been Banned because The Establishment Didnt Want us Knowing , the Real Deal ..

Mo..xx

None. 

Sorry, but your making things up. Truths can be observed by you or I, both of us can do experiments to prove to ourselves how these theories work, it's not a directive, it's open information ready to be challenged by anyone and anything, you do not have to convince another or yourself, all you need do is roll up your sleeves and look for yourself. 

Nobody will lock you up for believing ancient superstitions, that's what these modem understandings offer, a choice. But everyone insisting that personal knowledge has nothing to share, only derision of knowledge. 

The real deal is out there waiting for you, its not personal, its not something you have to convince yourself or others off, it is what you want to make of it. There is no establishment controlling science or discovery, they are bigger than any man or organisation. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
6 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Well you seem you be struggling by yourself to interpret what he is saying  :)  You are trying to interpret his words through your own preconceptions and understandings. Natural, but makes understanding of Will's explanations  difficult 

Nope, I base it on what he posts. It’s not remotely my fault he words things badly. 

cormac

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Will Due
1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

He can find what HE interprets as god based on his greater or lesser understanding BUT NOT what others would interpret as God/a god. There’s a huge difference. Same applies to everyone, yourself included. There is no real room for pontificating on what God/a god may or may not be or our alleged relationship to him/her/it. 

cormac

 

Once again, you're doing what God is working with you to think.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Illyrius
9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Isn't that what light angel yourself and Mr argon are doing? 

You are all mocking science while you make stuff up and call such 'truths'

Give me a few examples of things i "made up".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
4 hours ago, Will Due said:

 

There are trillions of worlds that are older than ours.

That's not what you said, you said trillions if years old (watching us) 

That's not the case, the universe is not a trillion years old

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

They have people there too.

 

 

Which ones? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cormac mac airt
10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Once again, you're doing what God is working with you to think.

Again, who’s god? Granted I haven’t read this entire thread but I’ve seen nothing recently about you stipulating you’re talking about your own personal interpretation of God. But enough to suggest you’re force-fitting your interpretations on to others, just as Mr. Walker tends to do. I personally take offense at that. Believe what you want but don’t push it my way. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
2 minutes ago, Mr. Argon said:

Give me a few examples of things i "made up".

That the afterlife is a definite. 

For starters. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.